Daiichi to buy Accumetrics?

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Jul 1, 2010 at 11:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting rumor circulating among the VC crowd on the West coast. Looks like the deal is going to happen.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pilot partnership, not a buyout. Select Hospital reps teaming with select Accumetrix reps. Not a big deal.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, pilot program has begun......Speculation on Daiichi being the "pacific rim company"

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you mean by a "pacific rim company"?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

heh heh...hey beavis, he said "rim"

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds surprising to me.

Accumetrics has burned already 68 Mn USD since 2004, which is a LOT of money for a diagnostics company. Had already 5 financial rounds, few real customers.

Main patent runs out in 2017. I wonder who would want to burn more money on this technology.

Accumetrics started in 1996, collected 35 Mn USD VC till 2001, was sold for 14 Mn USD to Radiometer Copenhagen, was closed 1 year later, restarted in 2003, since then again 68 Mn USD VC collected. Still burning approximately 1 Mn USD per month. Not exactly a success story.

Why should a technology which has burned money for more than 14 years in a row suddenly get profitable?

http://www.xconomy.com/san-diego/2009/10/06/san-diego%E2%80%99s-accumetrics-raises-16-5m-in-fifth-round-of-venture-funding/

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0HXI/is_2002_Nov_19/ai_n25057390/

http://www.crunchbase.com/company/accumetrics

http://www.wikipatents.com/US-Patent-5922551/agglutrimetric-platelet-binding-assays-in-blood

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not speculating why, just a rumor from the VC community on the west coast. You are right, current sales management is driving the company into the ditch. No real plan to boost sales or acceptance of the test. Worst run company I have ever seen.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous z

Anonymous z Guest

The morons that run Accumetrics are busy taking the company down and could never pull off a Diachii acquisition. All you need to do is meet the CEO and his pony pal VP and you'd know. Scary that VCs still throw them money. Just scary.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's funny. I just met them and thought somewhat of the same thing. One of their reps told me that they change strategic course as offer as their underwear. I came away with the impression that they think it's a commodity product and really don't understand the market where effient is used. I think they sold some urine strips to FP's before Explains where all the money goes.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

correct me if I am wrong but the accumetrics test that they are going to be pushing is a plasma test. if this is meant to knock down plavix then it would be the wrong test. you need genetic testing correct? Also, most cards arent going to look past the fatal bleeding and the ones that do are going to follow the guidlines getting ready to come out that say, if effient is started it should only be for short time (30 days), then switch to plavix or another treatment.

All this work to knock plavix and it will be for nothing once AZ's tacagilor comes out.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

correct me if I am wrong but the accumetrics test that they are going to be pushing is a plasma test. if this is meant to knock down plavix then it would be the wrong test. you need genetic testing correct? Also, most cards arent going to look past the fatal bleeding and the ones that do are going to follow the guidlines getting ready to come out that say, if effient is started it should only be for short time (30 days), then switch to plavix or another treatment.

All this work to knock plavix and it will be for nothing once AZ's tacagilor comes out.

What?.....genotyping alone cannot replace phenotyping.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Accumetrics is being run into the toilet. 9 reps nationwide, all looking to get out. A specialty distributor network in shambles. Partnering with Fisher Scientific, no experience with the end users. DSI/Lilly has been sold a bill of goods to prolong the eminent death of this company.

Top notch product that is being cheapened by knuckleheads.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Daiichi was not given the whole story of this company. There is no way with only 9 reps, that they can manage the program with Lilly. They are using our budgets to try to get to our docs, something they cant do on their own. There is no free lunch. Wake up.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of their reps told me it looks like their specialty distributors are being let go and replaced totally with Fisher. Doesn't make any sense to me since they don't talk to docs.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone seems to know this about the CEO and VP but the investors. Someone needs to wake up the guys with the money!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What shall the guys with the money do? Let Accumetrics go bust and write off 68 Mn $? Now they still hope that somebody with lots of cash but no brain finally buys the company. Happened before in 2001 when Radiometer bought Accumetrics. Heard that Accumetrics has already been offered to everybody in the field at least twice, but the VCs have not given up yet. Roche seems to be their latest victim, however it should be impossible that this business case makes it through their due diligence.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting product, but EXPENSIVE.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Already big problems with the program, most reps are afraid of the testing since it will also show hyper-responsiveness......plus, the Accumetrics guys seem to have all checked out. My guy is dying to get out of that company.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the Accumetrics guys are also afraid of the new Siemens PFA-100 plavix assay. Seems to be as fast and simple as Accumetrics, but 3 x lower test price and a much wider used instrument. This will kill Accumetrics IMHO.