Layoffs in 2012?

Discussion in 'Procter & Gamble' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My wife has been an rm with P&G for the last ten years. P&G could not have had a better more positive representative for their products.

HOWEVER, 10K a year ($200 a week) with no benefits was no great deal! Yet she killed herself for P&G!

She drank the kool-aid and believed she had a job for life . . . live and learn.

The shareholders come first, the stock price & profits are the kings TO HELL WITH the working employee!

A lesson for upper management . . . those who are CLOSEST to the customers are the real people who run the company, P&G has really decided that the customers are no longer important.

My wife will be better off without P&G, P&G will not be better off without her . . . good luck

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pause and Reflect----Companies have been downsizing vendor retail service since 1990.
    Technology has eliminated functional jobs like inventory, ordering, distribution checks and etc.
    The idea became to streamline product info for a quicker way to identify turnover and the
    old way (vendor reps) is becoming obsolete. Manufacturers (vendors) are now able to link into retail customer product base and see what is moving on a daily basis without a rep
    being there. So------P&G is eliminating (reps) because the cost is far greater to use them.

Sad to see this because we get rid of so many jobs due to technology and
    never seem to care about the human behind the job eliminated.

2,800 part time jobs eliminated in the USA ----I thought we were trying to create new jobs?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While a being a dedicated P&G Rm (as we were not supposed to work for other companies-or our competition) I know many P&G Rm's that also worked for other companies. Some received same pay, some would be in the stores doing P&G workorders and also 3rd party work-for P&G- and getting paid $2.00 more than what P&G Rm's got paid. And don't be surprised if you go to one of the companies suggested and you have an ex-P&G Rm for you supervisior.
    P&G did not want to pay any benefits, that's why they kept us down to a certain yearly hours we could work. They had alot of work all these years, 3rd partied out P&G work because we had to stay under the yearly hours so they didn't have to pay benefits.
    I am also a stockholder. The stockholder's they are concerned with are corporate not the little working people like the aveage Joe or their peon's, grunt workers, P&G little Rm's. The Rm's that have store and customer contact.
    Corporate can sell to the stores, but it's the Rm's that get the product sold to the customer so the stores will order more P&G product. Otherwise as corporate sells product to stores and it sits on shelf and does not sell, stores will not order more of a product that does not sell.
    How funny it is that we the grunt workers held P&G higher in standards than they show for their employees.

In all, I have met many good, hard working people and made many friendships.

I do not know what I will decided to do after all this is over with, as I have become acustom
    to eating and paying bills. I will have to work at some point.

A House (including P&G Corporate House) is only as good as it's foundation (Rm's)
    Once you start chipping away at the foundation, the house will start to fall.

Even though we are all shocked and surprised (which is a normal reaction after being slapped in the face) I wish all Rm's well and much, much success. :)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wondering, has anyone applied to or heard from any other companies? On the conference call they, P&G, made it sound - the words- "transition to" was actually used.
    That we would "transition to" one of these other companies, Acosta or Convergence, as though those companies had a plan for P&G Rm's.
    I have heard, there is nothing in my area from both Acosta and Convergence. I worked for P&G many years in my area so I know coverage was or should be available.

Sounds like P&G laid us off, sorry flipped us off. Gave all the work to other companies not only Acosta or Convergence as they said. And those companies gave it to their Rep's already working in the territories. So basically P&G laid us off and knowingly sold us out, leaving us no real opportunity for a job to "transition to" into another company.

If you haven't applied to these other companies, do it now. I did the first second I had info from P&G of where to apply only to receive messages of like I said, We have nothing in your area.

And I need to work!!! My children need to eat!!! I need to pay basic bills!!!

Thanks, P&G!

I'd like to add from another post before me,

The slap in the face from P&G just keeps coming ; O

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I applied to both while the conference call was taking place. As soon as I heard which companies were "picking up" the resets and coverage I started working their websites. Got a call back the very next day from the one picking up the cosmetic resets. Was interviewed and a new hire pack was e-mailed to me. I was told that I could start ASAP. They weren't even honoring the "March 19th" date as to when the first wave would go. I am 90% sure I will not take it though they are hiring at the wages I make with P&G. All resets in all stores including home improvement, grocery along with other accounts. There is heavy lifting required that I'm not willing to do at my age. I'm not in the first wave of RMs to go so at this point I will stay until the end or until something worthwhile comes along. Once the first group is gone there will be a bit more work for the rest with drug stores, pet and other odds and ends. Acosta has a conference call for all of us tomorrow (tuesday 24)......I do want to hear what they have to say.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a phone call from Acosta this morning. They have offered me four stores in a part time position that will be between 25 and 30 hours a week. The problem is, two of the stores are 40 minutes from my home. We are responsible for the first 20 miles each day and the last 20 miles each day so don't know that I want to drive out their very often but the recruiter told me that store visits were usually 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Doesn't all add up. She couldn't tell me the total time in each store per week. She is supposed to be checking on it but so far, I'm not impressed with Acosta.

Hope other people have better success. Also, be prepared for pressure--several times I was told that this may be the only position I would be offered.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got a call on Tues offered and accepted a merchandising position. Start date march 12. I will work with PG until that time and then transition over to.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've worked for P&G for 20 years. Though I knew this lay-off would eventually happen, I was hoping it would wait until I could retire. Oh, well. Dump your stock shares, refuse to buy P&G products. Hit them where it hurts. You might also consider refusing to shop at their biggest retail outlet-Walmart. Ta, ta P&G.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have "STOPPED BUYING" any P&G products and even if any of my family buys anything made by P&G the next day I return those items....Management sucks..lots Red Tapes and bureaucratic mean Bastards.

P&G=PROFIT AND GREED....In fact there is a book published by an ex employee called as Profit and Greed..find more facts there.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a shame that p&g has let the eyes and the ears of the company go on retail level. These reps were the shakers and the movers securing end caps and cutting in new items. Feels as though they are positioning to purchase again who knows! What we do know is change creates havoc and havoc it will be regardless of third party taking over. Bottom line the third party will not be a dedicated team to the procter and gamble products! Shows that the company does not care. If they did they would cut out just a few commercials and a few less sponsorships to HGTV dream home and the Olympics. I am sure that if the p&g consumer knew that people lost their jobs over that they would say sponsor less-less commercials and save the jobs! This is America we need our jobs! Maybe p&g should have sponsored their low man on the ladder positions rms to the consumer of their products! I am sure America would agree!
    We will see the company see the negative impact and will say oh boy we need a dedicated force and where will the teams be? Gone and outsourced as they have forced everyone outta the family! The talent currently is experienced and proud of representation of the brands. You will never see teams like that again-They do not exist nor can they just be formed again. Good Luck p&g to you as well.
    Dedicated team player 10 years service.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have heard several "Horror" stories about territories being 75 miles, 92 miles, even over 100 miles one way to stores. Has it ever dawned on anybody there might be a reason?? Possibly they aren't expecting us to say YES. They are making it difficult to say YES, because they really want a NO answer??? Especially with the pressure for an immediate answer! Just Sayin'!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's so true!
    They are "honoring" the agreement with P&G of hiring their RMS and placing them in Walmarts & Targets.......not their fault a P&G RM won't drive 50+ miles to their sheduled stores.....
    In my case I was told that all the Walmart/Target coverage positions were filled....but there were many openings in Groceries. Yeah, sure. Instead of the coverage work I've been doing for years I'm going to take a position doing resets in Shoprites all over creation......NOT!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have seen the work convergence does it is a nightmare.I am sure they are hoping that the P & G reps will work for them to make their company look better.P & G does not realize Convergence is owned by investors.This is very scary......do these investors have experienced in this line of work?Anybody can be an investor.You pay for what you get.....Covergirl will lose a lot of business in areas they do not have good merchandisers.I give them 2 years and they will see what a huge mistake they made and will start the hiring process for a new merchandising program.As far as Acosta goes their loyalty is too their people not P&G ,remember anybody can tell you what you want to hear but in the long run they will do what they want look at these territories they are offering people long drive time for a couple hours of work.......acosta is in litigation right now for unpaid wages....this is the company I would want to work for.....yeah right.......If you are offered grocery resets have fun working resets .It could be anything.......frozen food to dog food.Good luck to all my peers!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be very careful about Acosta. In 2010 all grocery RMs were "disemployed" but they were offered the wonderful opportunity to work for Acosta. Those who chose Acosta would work roughly the same amount of hours at the P&G pay rate for one year and then get stepped down to the Acosta pay scale. The problem was that current Acosta employees were working half the hours that P&G vendors were already. Former P&G employees were working one, maybe two 1-2 hour resets per week and within the month, they were all let go. Good luck.

My household, extended family and friends have now eliminated the buying of P&G products, not out of anger, we simply can't support a company that lacks ethics.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I received my package, so long friends!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, it is NOT a layoff. Retailpulse will be gone by October ? or sooner according to my recent letter. I will be given 2 weeks notice! I am hurt,shocked,sad,worried etc.etc.. I will stay until the end ? Take the time to find another job AND health insurance .That is the scariest part I KNOW I can find a job ,but there wont be addiquate insurance. Many of my friends/coworkers have gone with Acosta , I am not that trusting....and have not been offered a position that would not cause further hardship. ie: less hours but 3 times the driving, health care discount ?really ....!. It use to be that 3rd party was a dirty word to p&g, they knew they were taking their chances in getting a job well done ...I wish p&g luck and will look forward to seeing future sales figures. Retailpulse kicked ass in getting the ”Tide pods” Launch done , sad that it was the very product that lead to our demise .....I do hope the share holders will be happy.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Took job w/Convergence doing Cosmetic Resets. Although some knew their stuff, others a joke. Anyone doing cosmetic work was worried about what work they would be doing once cosmetic "season" was over. Did 2 resets that was in my "area" and nothing else is/was available. The available work page is always empty and I'm still waiting to get paid for work that I completed. I've asked the regional manager if ANY work was going to be available any time soon, no response as of yet.
    Acosta, have they got themselves together yet? Heard work hasn't even started yet for people that went over to them. Acosta had no work in my area, as they had a rep for already in place and working in my area and surrounding area.
    Calling Unemployment to see what I can do. Let go from P&G, per January 2012 P&G conference call- we were told that we were going to "transition" to another company either Convegence or Acosta, and those companies have no work available.
    May call state also for state assistance as I just made it with P&G salary and unemployment is not even half that from what I hear. I swore I never would do that and never thought I'd go that route, I don't blame the economy. I blame P&G.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wasn't really a transition - wrong use of wording. I really felt bad for the woman who asked about receiving the Christmas present. NO - they just fired you, honey! Or nicer terms, let go. And I have heard as well: the hours are not the same. Seem to be split between PG and Kraft. Not everybody got hired either. They didn't need that many - I have heard only about 650 of the 2700 were needed. As far as the other group, Target and grocery, I have heard it will be mostly independent grocery store resets at 6 AM in the morning. Good luck to all my PG family i finding jobs. My family has had to "downsize" as well - no more PG products - lots of store brands now.
    PG will never get a dedicated team as this one ever again.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I applied to convergence back in January and got a call from them on 4/13. The recruiter sounded like they had plenty of work and will start me at my current wage. I was sent the new hire package. I am going to go for it but would really like to know more about this company.
    Does anyone have recent experience with Convergence?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just saw the last post....Convergence has very little work available. It's projects only too, meaning you pick the jobs you want to work. Right now all they have is over night postions. Anyway, I'm in wave 3...being let go in September. Just found out that the drug store work is going to be done in store as of the 15th. No 3rd party is picking that up even though we were told back in January there'd be work for those of us staying past March. Not true. I have put applications in on just about every merchandising site with very little feed back.....even with my 35 plus years in retail. So I too will be looking at state assisitance along with unemployment. Worst case I'll apply at Acosta....many openings right now because so many P&G people have already quit. I won't like it but it would have to do if nothing else comes through.