S1,S2, S3 Placement Clarification

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jan 22, 2011 at 11:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't care about S3 it sounds like a lot of extra work but not a lot of monetary reward. It was my understanding that all candidates who were in the top 30% were called and had discussions around if they'd be interested IF a position was available. So, if not called, assumption was not top 30% and therefore, if a senior and no call - you are basically s-1. I know my counterpart was called...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sr Exec for s2 or s3
    Sr rep for s2
    Exec for s2
    Others s1
    My interpretation

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the general rule although there will always be exceptions to it somewhere. I was called about s3 and told them no thanks, I can live without that.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WRONG! WRONG!! WRONG!!! No call = S1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like no takers on the S3. Anybody out there take an offer?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why wouldn't "no call" = S2?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Turn on your brain. Layoffs will bring the insult of CSO 20-30K drop job openings. Can you think about considering the pennies these companies offer. What a pathetic "career path." unless you're a second incomer not in need of a serious pay check.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Majority of reps will be S1 from this.

MBO is? customer score or MKT Vol/Share

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There used to be a career path, now this is just a job. Promotions are a moving target. The past 12 months determine where we land? Completely based on our scores from our managers and no business component.....I am ok with changes, but the moving target from one year to the next causes me great frustration.....this is not a sales job, it is a craps game in Vegas.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just work the job, forget the career path and no promotions and play with the kids. Life has got to happier than this, cause this is total BS. I'm going out for a (pleasant) bike ride now...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My brain is turned on....and it is saying "severance". I'm ready to leave this industry entirely. Everyone's situation is different, of course. For me, with many years behind me, I'm ready to move on.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best outlook yet! Just put the time in, collect the paycheck and concentrate on enjoying life!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In a company where we are stressing courage and candor, open, honest communications and all the rest and we seem to be anal about Merck's culture and then some asshole manager at the S3 interviews tells you not to say anything about these interviews to anyone else! Sounds like the same good ole boy back room deals to me! More than half of those there had never earned a title, made their numbers year after year or even worked a good year in the field but are now being interviewed for being surrogate ass kissers or managers pets! So many of those in Sr. or Exec. positions could never had earned those before the 2003 gift of Mikee and rarely made plan or did those things to really drive business! One has even been promoted to Sr. for a spreadsheet that's so redundant and screwed up that it's useless! We're doomed, between bad management and dumb marketing..we're doomed!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

None of us can be S2 or S3 unless we have a GREAT pipeline!!!!!
    Think people Think!!!!!
    What is left in our bag?? Back in the day....Merck was a great company.
    There was no slicing and dicing who is S2 or S3...we had great drugs & the need was great & the studies were great...
    This S2 S3 S1 crap is just a metaphor for what is wrong with us.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't dwell on it about the spreadsheet deal and how that person got promoted. Most people at Merck got promoted for doing that. We used to have a managed care rep that would, instead of forwarding hard copies of formulary of a HMO, sat down and retyped the entire booklet into a Word document and broadcast it out. You can say it was insane and a waste of time. He got promoted to WP and is doing okay.