Amedisys

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you do get a laptop that you have to document every call in this program that is a nightmare. benefits are good, ins,401k, you can get st disability, dental, ect if you want to pay extra. 2 weeks PTO is your vacation, personal time, sick time etc. no car allowance - mileage 37 per mile, cell phone with GPS that they use as a tracking device to follow your every move all day depending on your manager, starting salary is $40 - $50 depending on your area, bonus if you make your quota - maybe another $16 if your lucky. They are getting so greedy they have raised numbers so high.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10:33 PM "I am Free, I am Free.........could you share what state you are in as I am interested in finding out what opportunity you are moving on to. I know there are good opportunities out there it is just a matter of finding them.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh my god! I should of listen to you...all of you. I interviewed with this company today. What a joke this was! The guy who did the interview was a blooming idiot. He was very unprofessional and creepy. He kept moving around in his chair like he had sat down on a pile of fire ants..maybe hemroids, who knows. Either I made him nervous or he was just weird. This guy was very unorganized and did not know the answers to alot of the questions I asked. Makes me really think that the main office doesn't know what is going on in the field as someone posted. I was nice and finished the interview, if I get a call back, I will pass on this job. Don't think it is where I want to be. Next time I will take the postings on here a bit more seriously.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to post #23 - what area were you interviewing for??

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so sick of the crap we have to put up with. I spend more time documenting what I do that doing what I am supposed to do. We have grown so fast that now they can't keep up with us so they are trying to micro-manage the hell out of us. Documentation from hell, GPS to track where we go, a manager to call every minute to see what you are doing, needless meetings; what is next? I feel like a prisoner.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My advice: get out, there are many local Home Health Care Agencies in every city and in Hospitals. Take your experience and go where it is appreciated and you are treated like an adult that does not need to be managed like a child on a leash. There are other great agencies and you can use that to your advantage. Good luck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I second that completely!!! Go the opposite way! I've been with them for over a year and I am already looking for something better! They don't pay reps enough and they certainly don't appreciate the business that we bring in.... Its always about numbers (even if meet and exceed them) and for a company who supposedly cares solely about the patient care, well thats a joke because all they care about is Medicare and a lot! Not to mention the AVPs have no idea what they are doing. This company is heading in the wrong direction!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Me too... Its a complete mess and I cannot wait to get a better job... I've been looking for pharma jobs. This company is really going down the toilet !

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would run! This company works their reps till we're burnt out and then they work us some more. Every day we have to submit call reports and conference calls, meetings, its ridiculous. Numbers are never good enough even when you have exceeded quota. They also expect you to sell ten different things like mecr doc, BFL,WC AHhhhhhhhh all at once. Cooperate has no idea how dumb and money hungry they look...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I 'm right there with you!!!! I feel suffocated!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do all the reps feel this way, or are there those few that suck up? If the majority feels like this, have you ever thought about a nationwide strike? What would they do if all the reps (or at least the majority) took a stand and said "no more", until changes take place?

They may say "ok, bye bye", but just think about the severe impact that would have on their numbers and relationships in the field. Any thoughts?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They would say bye bye - they have gotten so big that the CEO thinks that this is the best home health co out there and everyone is dying to work here. Plenty of replacements out there. It will catch up with them cause word spreads quickly on how employees are treated. I feel sorry for the people that are interviewing here they have no idea what they are getting into.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct! Word gets around very quickly and even the accounts get wind of it. The CEO has to believe they are the best because it is his job! But I have known CEO's fall hard when they treat others badly for a long time; and when they fall they act as though they have no idea why.

If it is such a good place to work as the CEO thinks, then why is the turnover HIGH (also known to accounts in the field) and why do good reps like myself and many others I know say NO thank you to an offer or even an interview?

Take a stand!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. I know many people - great reps that have turned offers down then laughed about it. This is just a textbook case of growing too fast to handle it. Saw they just bought another company up north. Feel your pain- - keep warning the new reps out there about them.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This damn place sucks! I decided today that I will work at McDonalds before I make it another month. Anything is better than coming home stressed out to the point you can't sleep while trying to figure out how to squeeze more "juice" out of the turnips. The pressure they put on you here is way out of line and patient care and focus is out the door. It is all about the money. Makes me sick!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THANK GOD ALMIGHTY I QUIT TODAY I AM FREE I AM FREE I PRAY FOR THE REST OF YOU EMPLOYED BY AMEDISYS I GOT OUT WITH MY LICENSE INTACT RUN RUN RUN THEY WILL ATTACK YOU LIKE PITBULLS WHEN YOU QUITE CORPORATE HOTLINE IS A JOKE THEY NEVER RETURN CALLS REGARDING QUESTIONABLE ACTIVITIES. RUN RUN HAVE PEACE OF MIND FLIP BURGERS AT MACDONALDS OR WORK AT WALMART. FREE AT LAST THANK GOD I'M FREE AT LAST AMEDISYS STANDS FOR NOTHING BUT FILL THE POCKETS OF THE BIG WIGS BEWARE OF VIRGINIA AREA STAY AWAY

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the above p os ter, exactly what kind of questionable activities are you referring to? You are no longer with them, so please do share for those of us that need to know what to be aware of. Thanks!! And good luck to you, I wish you well, know that you are relieved from the stress and hope you find a great new position!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THE MATTER IS ALREADY UNDER INVESTIGATION NO COMMENT

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

under investigation...where have i heard that before. the sales manager in this area is as fake and sneak'n as they come. She would rather fire an AE than look at them. The investigation will find nothing like always.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I often wonder what does happen after so called "investigation" I must remain positive that some change will occur in due time. Many things needs to change and it has to start somewhere; so i just sit back and wait as I gain my sanity back.