Lab tech interview

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview for a research position in manufacturing, a union job. I have two dui's on my record. My question is does Merck ban anyone with a dui on their record from getting an offer. thanks in advance.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is a joke. There are no union research jobs and especially in Manufacturing

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its not a joke. I'm not going to be specific as the exact position but its a union job in manf. in the lab.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They do a background check so if it comes up - and you have 2 DUI'S????? thats probably not going to look real good. If you will have to drive as part of your position, thats an automatic issue. Put it this way: if you had to hire someone and they needed to drive as part of their job, would you hire someone with multiple DUI's? Maybe you should get some help - the bigger issue is why do you keep drinking and endangering others by driving? That shows really bad judgement and in Merck's defense, I hope they don't hire you. No offense but you sound a bit unbalanced.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2DUI's = >95% certainty of alcoholism. Good luck with everything.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I was hired about 12 years ago, the only thing they would overlook on a background check was a DUI. Not sure about 2 or if they still do it but, as others said, it won't look good and will certainly show up.

Good luck and let us know if you're crazy enough to take a job in chaos.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the replies - I guess?? I haven't drank in over a year and a half and it was during a BAD time in my life. The position does not require driving. A side note, however, I'm surprised to see so many people on this board that don't live in glass house...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

congrats on your sobriety, you might want to have a good story in your back pocket about how far you've come. Just in case.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

drug of choice at Merck is anti anxiety and anti depressants, literally half of our employees are on them, its a fact. For what ever reason, its seen as more acceptable. Maybe when we make a Merck Martini for sale, alcohol will be the drug of choice. and we all live in glass houses.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The people are Merck are nothing more than garbage in what was once a great company. I would think twice before taking a job at Merck. I have to interview them. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed. If you have a job, keep it. It is to the point right now where companies will avoid the Merck name altogether.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ouch thats harsh