Reptrax is the worst vendor credentialing

Discussion in 'Medical Equipment/Device Sales - Credentialing' started by Anonymous, Jul 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At the specific request of many leading medical device and pharmaceutical companies, IntelliCentrics, Inc. has consolidated the vendor credentialing industry. Reptrax is THE industry standard with approximately 3,000 installed facilities. The premium membership is a rep’s passport to all Reptrax facilities at a single price.

The price for the Reptrax premium membership has been $150 for the past four years. During this time, IntelliCentrics has consolidated three services while improving security, efficiencies, and productivity for all customers. To reflect these enhancements, effective Feb. 1, 2012, IntelliCentrics is adjusting the price of the premium membership to $229. As always, reps with base memberships will continue to enjoy the same service at no charge.

Offer for February Reptrax Anniversary Dates

For all registered reps whose anniversary dates are in February, IntelliCentrics is offering the previous price of $150 provided that the membership is renewed by Feb. 15. If you choose not to renew your membership by Feb. 15, you can do so at any time in the future for the new price of $229. Click here to log into your Reptrax account and renew.

Serving you every day,

The Reptrax Team
    An IntelliCentrics, Inc. Company Service

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rep Trak wanted my doctors name, clinic name and address for my flu shot. I told them I got it free at Dr. Walgrens!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Reptrax,
    My schvantz, your mouth. Do the math.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is to announce our hospital has enlisted the services of REPtrax, a vendor credential management company, to assist in the protection of our patient's safety. Our hospital needs to be aware of who is entering our facility, and for some of you there may be some additional credentials needed for access. REPtrax will manage the credentials of our vendors to ensure our patient rights are respected and that infection control precautions and other organization-specific policies and procedures are followed. REPtrax will provide a uniform source of these credentials and allow them to be available to those in our facility who need access.

Your entry into our hospital is conditional to your participation in REPtrax. Please join us as we work to ensure the safety of our patients, staff and vendors. If you do not conduct business in our facility, please disregard this email and remove our hospital from your REPtrax profile.

Lastly, the credentials have been set. Please sign into your Reptrax account to ensure that you have satisfied the credentials required for Desert Valley Hospital – Victorville. The scheduled “Go Live” date is June 1, 2012.

Thank You!

Are we that much of a threat to patient safety?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a 20 year medical sales rep and now I am back in the OR, so I am new to all the vendor credentialing companies.

I really feel violated. It just feels so vile and disgusting. I can't remember anything in my adult life that feels so cheap and manipulative as this.

This is a business in business to do business and it is not really about patient safety.

Hospitals could require reps to have a binder with all thier needs. No reason for these companies to be involved. Just more red tape that makes sense to lawyers but not really providing any pratical solutions for patients or hospitals, but revenue for the so called credentialing companies.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get used to it, it's not going away.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will probably get worse. Credentialing fees are rising each year. Credentialing companies are amalgamating which will translate in higher credentialing fees. Some of the major medical device companies are no longer reimbursing their reps for fees, vaccinations, background checks, online HIPPA courses, etc; The one that gets me is the "Fire and Safety Hazard Course". The sales rep "is required " to learn how to operate a hospital fire extinguisher!!! Are we hospital employees????? Lawsuits abound!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The hospitals think it great to stick the Companies with the cost of this unnecessary program. Our companies already do background checks that are more comprehensive. Most patients have more diseases and criminal records than any reps. Do they require a patient to get a TB test in order to have surgery? NOPE. And in the start up world, we all own (very small parts of the Company) and don't see the need to waste it on this service. I have refused to sign up and tell my doctors when I start working with them that they need to let the OR know that I'll be there and not signing in. More reps need to stand up for their right to privacy. I don't need some third party Company knowing (or possibly not properly protecting) my private information.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I REFUSE TO DO THIS...I keep a copy of my Company's background check and my HR Department's number. MORE REPS NEED TO DO THIS!!! All hospitals have accepted it because they do not want to liable if my personal information is leaked though this company.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well here you go. Do you think a sales representative was responsible for this incident?

http://www.news10.net/news/article/194053/2/Officials-35-babies-exposed-to-TB-in-Sacramento-Fairfield-hospitals?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Cbc%7Clarge

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. The rep doesn't bring it in but the rep is at risk of getting exposed from the hospital.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vendormate is the worst

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think all credentialing services are immoral and greed driven, not safety. Out of 100 reps walking in the back door who are not going to see anyone w/o an appointment, there are 6000 walking in the front door going to a patient room, touching a patient, going to the cafeteria and shaking the hand of clinicians, water fountains, bathrooms w/o any knowledge of preventing the spread of infections. Healthcare professionals are acutely aware of the dangers of contact and sanitizing to prevent bringing things home to their families.

Credentialing is like gun control...A whole lot of money for near zero return on benefit to society. We sign up to provide goods and services to help people get better. I think they should worry about the visitors walking in the front door not the back with appointments.
    I couldn't see a surgeon today because my TB shot was outdated by 3 days. I wasted his time and mine, actually we met in the cafeteria but very much humiliating to tell him that I can't go to the OR today because I haven't been checked for TB.

Patients are already sick with something, visitors are often oblivious to the risk of contamination. Healthcare professionals and healthcare sales professionals are the most acutely aware of these risk and yet we have to send all this paerwork and pay these fees.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Purely just a revenue stream with no end result. There is no empirical evidence that hospital employees, patients OR medical device sales representatives are any risk of contracting an illness/disease than they were 10 years ago. Hospitals bought into a 3rd party concept that medical device sales representatives should be monitored for rendering better care to their staff and patients.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"There is no empirical evidence that hospital employees, patients OR medical device sales representatives are any risk of contracting an illness/disease than they were 10 years ago."

This has nothing to do with it. These services allow the hospitals to subcontract the gate-keeping for pennies on the dollar verus what they were paying former hospital employees to do. Most of my anger toward tem is based on my jealousy - I wish I would have thougt of it first.

16. dvendrep

dvendrep Guest

How do we know what they are checking up on? What documents do they want. What companies run the background checks? Or do they even tell you? Also, do they force you to go through more training through a specific school?

-Let's fix this!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate Reptrax!! Vendormate was much better!!!
    I tried to call them to let them know that I hate them but unfortunately I didn´t reach any body!
    They want money for uploading documents? It´s 2012!!!

ASSHOLES!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vendor Credentialing is such a JOKE! I work with a rep group covering 15 western states. Calls are: ER, ICU, OR, SPD, LDR, NICU and more. None of us are signed on with RepTrax or the other vendor credentialing companies and each hospital buys on a monthly basis. We just walk in like we own the place. If anyone asks where we are going, we just say "I'm here to take care of a problem!" If they ask what company we're with, we tell them. Then, they always ask "Are you a sales rep?" We just answer "No!" All of a sudden, they don't seem to care who we are and they let us go wherever we want to. After all, we're here to fix a problem. If the department manager asks why we don't have a badge, we tell them the company is currently working on it or we just joined and we're waiting for the final confirmation. Again, all of a sudden no one cares. On the follow-up visit, no one ever remembers we already had that discussion. What a JOKE!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I pay the annual fee for Reptrax to get my badge and spend hours on uploading my credentials in pdf format. If I want to email something to them it is $25 PER EMAIL.

And today I get a notice saying my access for a facility is revoked because I have not yet taken 'Fire Safety Training' as required by my hospital? OK, no problem, I will play this miserable game-- I log in, and they want an additional $50 from me for this one course?? If I do so, what other lame credential are they going to create to milk even more money out of me?

Not to mention the extra 30 minutes it takes me at my main hospital to park ( also $$), go to the building that has the kiosk, and print out my badge.

Why on earth do I need to take a fire safety training course anyway? To learn how to run to an exit?

Reptrax is the biggest SCAM and I urge you all to plead with your facilities to switch to another service. I am currently lobbying this hospital to switch and I am making it my life's mission to do so. Plus the other company is offering a $500 referral fee on this.

Sorry. Had to vent.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow you are brilliant! Why didnt every other rep think of that! Get back in the weight room shit stain.