Bioscience Layoffs?

Discussion in 'Baxter' started by Anonymous, Apr 24, 2010 at 1:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A strong leader? You got to be joking. Unless you were speaking in terms of leadership as used in North Korea, USSR or similar places. Scott is a short in height with a napoleon complex.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as Raphael is in Westlake, Scott would have a job. Remember success is only defined by those in power.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Scott is a good guy. He had his faults, but also provided some good strengths to LA. Perhaps you should wait to pass judgement until the next PM comes in.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Scott a good guy? Good Strenghts? I have known Scott for over 10 years and I can say with some assurance - You must be crazy or a Scott crony.

He was hated by more people then liked.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes the layoffs are coming. I just got word today that there are going to be more layoffs at baxter in Los Angeles right after the shut down.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

with all the reps who have quit, and the rest who will be quitting b/c we are pissed off about our base pay and lack of bonus, they may not have to lay off any sales people

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everybody has strengths and weaknesses, you just have to figure out how to use them.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One word answer - Crony!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

on the hemophilia side we do nothing and make a 70K base with another 75K on top. Work a few weekends and nights. Play golf, fish and eat lunch with patients. Ride roller coasters etc... it is a great fun ride at 150K a year plus car :)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and that's why we are in trouble!!:(

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked in the Hemophilia business unit a few years ago. Best thing about the job was the enormous budget. Man I took all my friends out to eat and play golf all over the midwest. Unfortunately you did have to wine and dine a few patients occasionally as well as the homecare reps. But it was interesting traversing the backroads of rural America. I developed a taste for catfish that I just can't seem to shake. In the end, golf and good food were not enough and gainful employment had to be found elsewhere. Good luck to all of those TBM's that truly have their heart in the management of bleeding disorders. for me I had to leave because it takes very little selling to be successful in that business you just have to be willing to get on your knees for some give and take and also have a fat wallet full of Baxter
    bucks.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do the same thing now - but have tons of dave and buster tokens/credits from all the facts first programs we do with the bleeding disorder chapters..... I would say more like 130K

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No - that is not why Baxter is in trouble. Please see the year end report for executive pay and you will find out why Baxter is in trouble. For most executive (SLT), $130K is one month take home pay. For this person it is one year.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bravo! You are so correct. Look at all the money spent on salaries for upper management. Products are failing and recalled and yet all the high-priced, many of them Austrian based, R&D team keep their jobs. Who is reviewing and watching what happens in R&D. If Baxter can't research and then develop viable products to bring to the market place then there is no need for any marketing people or a sales force. There seems to me that no one is really a the helm of this ship taking it in the right direction. The only direction that Baxter is going these days is down, down, down.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can only speak about Baxter Bio-Science Los Angeles. Poor management is a trickle down effect. I am familiar with the Quality Labs and the management was a joke. Very insecure, not bright at all, didn't like people to question anything even if it was wrong, inefficient or illegal if it would make them look bad. Lost of shaddy things just to cover their tracks. But the upper management just treats employees poorly and selects the lowest common people to run the place.

Those that get hired, are bright and talented soon realize how messed up management and their way the company is run. The miss treatment of employees is also terrible. (Unpaid overtime etc. They hire everyone with a degree as salary, overtime exempt. That is suppose to be, by law, just for upper management. They scare people into not questioning anything.)

Those that see how much better life and a company should be, go elsewhere. Those that are left, ie. lowest common denominator run the place as management. Or stay as employees with no ambition in a career.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember Baxter Water - Pulse

http://www.foodanddrinkeurope.com/Products-Marketing/Vitamin-rich-water-from-Baxter

This is Bio-Science idea of R&D

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the FDA really had its act together and knew what was going on they would probably shut Baxter LA down (But money talks till people die). There are lots of sketchy things that go on at every level. From the manufacturing floor (they actually urinate in drains in the "clean rooms"), to the EM, to the water, quality labs, documentation, facilities, it all gets covered up. What's funny is that there are a few people that believe that they do things correctly and defend how poorly managed everything is.
    I for one would never want an IV drug made in Baxter LA. Not for me, my family, or anyone I care about.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I call BS on the urinating in the drains claim. This would at least be grounds for a warning letter, if not a consent decree. If this is true, and YOU are not going to FDA, you are negligent. I have been in this industry a long time, not just at Baxter, and I have never seen anything like this. This sounds like a disgruntled present or former employee trying to trash Baxter. And no, I do not work in LA.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest