A WEEK AFTER THANKSGIVING!!

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard similar rumors - but the number I heard is 1600 nationally minus 400-500 current vacancies. So who knows? 30-40% is more like 2000+. Only way to find out is to wait which sucks.

About time I got a real job anyways. Hope the package is good so I can rest up, land something good and make some extra money for a couple months.

The only problem I have is that my brain is so atrophied from this pointless, stupid game of a job. Execution, intelligence and effort have absolutely no correlation to results. So many fucking jackwads at 340% to plan. At least they don't put "vacant" in the President's Award rankings anymore.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The fact that you used the word atrophied shows me that your still in good shape you will find something else. But I agree time to find something else. I just wish I keep the job to figure that out. As the OP said next week we will find out that layoffs or a reorg is coming the week after thanksgiving. The announcement was already made to shareholders and we are set and ready to go. Let's see how this shakes down

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bump since this is accurate

Also, send CVs out aggressively now.
    Once you are terminated, potential hiring managers will realize that you are part of the 1/3 let go-basically you are tainted goods since everyone in the industry relies heavily on past 1-2 yrs of performance (ratings) to determine who stays and who goes.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The announcement has been made publicly and we will hear very soon. Hope you all enjoy thanksgiving and start making plans for alternate arrangements in case you are affected. No one deserves this but these are the times we live in. Good luck everyone.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No definite announcements have been made but alll we can do is read between the lines. It's what we have all be speculating before the presentation to shareholders were made. Nothing definite yet.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is the sequel to the movie the day after tomorrow... the week after thanksgiving... either way destruction occurred in both haha.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bump
    because the truth deserves to be up top
    good luck

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does that mean? U just posting so the thread is at the top? The OP sounds about right.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As thanksgiving vastly approaches enjoy your holiday and time off and try not to stress with what may or may not come. But let's face it. We have all been hearing we will find out after thanksgiving so we will see. Some of the points made in this thread sound logical.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We will be asked to stay home for the phone calls after thanksgiving. Same way they have done it in the past. Most of the cuts will come from CV and REE. Managers will be affected much more this round than last. CV and REE will be combined and go from 5 reps to 3 per territory. Territories will get larger and managers will have 4 territories with 12-15 reps. It will be portfolio selling. You will carry CV and REE products. Nuero will officially be combined with psych. Some products will overlap and those managers will have two Full districts. Territories will get larger as well. Most cuts in that division will be in smaller pockets of the country. Not many layoffs for reps. Managers will be affected more. There will be more reps moved to different territories than layoffs. Expect 1 psych rep and 1 neuro rep in each area. You will have home study after thanksgiving then certifications at national meetings in December and Jan

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, the week of Dec 6 all the RD's go to Jersey to find out. Later the same week, the managers will find out and cascade down by phone. Similar to CCI. Business rules similar to CCI also. If you received a "1" in the last 3 years, you go first. The "3" in this years calibration will be protected and the final tie break will be average rating over 3 years. Most territories will go to 4 reps, all portfolio. Managers will have ~12 reps apiece. You will have 3 weeks to study new products at the end of each day around 2 or 3 pm leave the field. By the January National Sales Meeting, all test will have been taken and meet with new districts.

It's going to be awesome. We will either get severence or more job security.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmm guess or a source? I would think it would be earlier for neuro/psych since they have their national meeting in mid December. It may be earlier than dec 6th for them or all of gen meds as well.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. I think Dec 6th is cutting it close. It sounds fairly logical other than the date.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure if this is accurate. Calibrations have been done but there are some that are still not finalized.
    The main discrepency is that if reps find out later in the week of the 6th that woud make it around the 10th.
    There are many reps that will be taking off for the holidays sometime that next week. Not enough time to study and do all the necessary work or even fill vacant postions
    Sounds a bit sketchy to me

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, what't the source of all this fairly specific information.....

If some of you are just speculating, tell us. If the information is hard, please honestly say that. Names not needed, all we want is something like - "I am a CV manager and a good friend of mine in East Hanover doing a rotation told me that he was privy to the following information......" Otherwise anything seen here is just speculation.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was the exact post on another thread. HMMMMM

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds to me that it may be pretty accurate then. Sounds logical to me. But what do
    I know? I come here for info, I have no sources ha. It does make sense. Possibly this source could be legit.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will it be THE week after thanksgiving or A week as in any week? Ahhh caught on to you didn't I?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

December 3rd we will find out. The week after thanksgiving. You will see