Amedisys is committing fraud!!!!

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Oct 3, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only crooks are the ones posting these ridiculous posts dripping with slander. I hope you feel good about yourself, hiding behind the computer, making false claims against a great company. Get a life!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you living under a rock? What planet are you on. Have you paid attention to any of the government reports or citron. Zealet freak! you must be a bastard love child of ole billy bob.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not a disgruntled employee. This company is horrible. Been with it for over 15 years and would leave in a heartbeat if there were more jobs in my area. 95% of the posts on here about Amessitis are accurate. I've been paid a decent salary and had decent benefits, but bonuses are getting impossible to obtain because the clinicians control the admissions. This company commits fraud. Period, end of story.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been very critical of the company, but I do not think there was any organized "Fraud". Did they use the rules and regs to their fullest advantage....I think so. Did some rogue Agency Director break some rules.....or did BD folks do things they should not? No more than any other for profit company.

Did AMED carve out the heart of the company by hiring several Pharma EVP's of BD...to implement a system to target busy docs that also downsized BD? Yes. Did they best BD folks leave..as territories were changed ruining long term relationships? I my opinion, yes.

Did this completely ruin AMED's historic growth trend? Yep

Just my opinion. I could be wrong....but I don't think so.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are on crack. maybe to much moonshine with billy bob.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Amedisys has committed NO fraud!!!

Really? Absurd that they are under attack? I worked for Amedysis for several years and truly DID witness Medicare fraud. That they are all saying about scheduling extra visits in order to obtain the highest reimbursement is ABSOLUTELY true as I witnessed it first hand (not only with therapy, but for nursing visits as well). A lot of what these people are saying, though it sounds harsh, is very true. I was personally ordered to schedule additional visits for a patient that requested discharge from home care services due to no longer having skilled needs. I was told that we had to get our "5" scheduled visits in for the certification period in order to get Medicare's full reimbursement. The patient did not wish to have further visits as treatments were complete and they were seeing a doctor several times weekly. Instead of accepting the patient's wishes, management wanted me to INSIST on more visits. It was complete fraud and I discharged the patient as requested (only to catch hell for it later). Leaving that company was the best decision I made. Working for a company that cares for it's employees as well as it's patients is a wonderful feeling. Being appreciated for a job well-done is very beneficial. And working in an environment that is not fraudulent... PRICELESS!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked with both Larry and Bill in management during the early 2000's. They were both masters of manipulation and brainwashing. Their downfall was hiring the pharma VP's who knew nothing about home care. I don't believe they meant to commit fraud but it was a very hostile work environment if you didn't do as told. The way I was pushed out was very unethical.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked with both Larry and Bill in management during the early 2000's. They were both masters of manipulation and brainwashing. Their downfall was hiring the pharma VP's who knew nothing about home care. I don't believe they meant to commit fraud but it was a very hostile work environment if you didn't do as told. The way I was pushed out was very unethical.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I worked for amedisys as a physical therapist for 9 years in their hometown and left after the federal investigation began over 2 years ago. I was afraid the feds were going to shut us down as a lot of what they said was true. We certainly were pressured to make those 10 therapy visits no matter what prior to 2008. So far I see the government complaining a lot but no action against the company. LHC has paid some money back on an unrelated issue but amedisys nothing. So besides some US senators griping about company policy is that the end of this?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is old news. If you weren't just old angry employees you would know this. This was released two months ago. Really up on the current issues, huh? I'm a DOO with Amedisys. This looks like a forum for washed out burned out angry sales people who couldn't make the cut. With the company over 5 years, NEVER seen an incident of fraud except by one salesperson changing referral source so they could bonus more.

Funny, the sales person is the only one I've ever seen doing something wrong.

Just think about that a minute.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lady, not even possible! You can't change referral source. Everything is tracked! And this is a site for sales ... CAFEPHARMA ...duhhh !!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you fucking for real. Nothing is being done incorrectly at the referral source. Get a grip you hag! Ease up nurse nancy fat ass!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Billy Bob is slick. Good ole boy knows how the game the medicare system. No pass me them there crawdads.....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

shut the fuck up you angry old fat shit. Just like a DOO. Thinks the world revovles around them. Ass clown. Go back to nursing in the hospital and being miserable.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How in the world would a salesperson change a referral source?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is typical to blame the BD rep...yet when all that is accepted in some agencies is straight medicare it creates a level of stress for all who are purely bonused on medicare admits. The medicare bonus model no longer works in a healthcare climate of managed medicare plans and outcome based insurance payments to hospitals. Physicians are already refusing to take new medicare patients on due to low reimbursement and high utilization of services.
    These same patients drive up ACH rates affecting our outcomes as well. Time to head in a new direction.....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would back up what you say. Case managers/referral coordinators can't keep track of who takes what.

19. You know I sit and read these post and think what the hell is wrong with people. Every company has bad and good people! It is not the Corporate office that is wrong. I have nothing but good things to say about Bill and the rest of our Leadership. Get a grip....they give these care centers autonomy and the chance to do great things. They cant help if some of the staff are willing to do anything for money! You find that in all corporations. Yes, if you work for Amed you best be willing to work and work hard. Is that the problem? People wanting something for nothing. Well, if that is the case find another complany to work at! I have worked at Amedisys for almost 7 years and have worked very hard to get where I am. Yes, we have turn over but that is because of whining and crying that they have to submit paperwork and transfer computer data in a timely manner. Yes, lots of VP's and AVP's were let go. Have you wondered why? Maybe because Leadership found that these people were not abiding by MCR regulations and were stirring their agencys wrong to make that extra buck. I have no plans on leaving Amedisys and I tell anyone that I work with if you arent happy; move on and quit making the rest of us miserable. I can also vouch for their compliance program and Jeffrey that they always do the right thing. You have no clue how it feels when they call your agency and say: hey, write off that episode and I am wondering why? They say it the patient doesnt meet medical necessity or homebound and I am like what the heck! Well, you know what....their audits are much. much, stricter that what you will find from palmetto, cahaba or anywhere else. QUIT SLAMMING the COMPANY because of a few bad apples!!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some talk there anonymous!!! It is people like you that we are glad are gone! Adios and hopefully you will find an agency that will tolerate your attitude and foul mouth!