Ameritox

Discussion in 'Ameritox' started by Anonymous, Mar 21, 2007 at 9:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is everyone getting the information that we are up for sale by Sterling? I would like to see some hard evidence so I can make plans regarding my future.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's all this kool-aid business?? What is this Jonestown? Secret kool-aid society? Conquer the pain management testing through this mentality or something?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem with all of the whiners on this board is that they simply could not cut it in the business. When Ameritox was brand new and there was low hanging fruit all over, even below average performers were able to be successful. When all of the Johnny Come Lately companies came in and muddied the water with all of their lies about Ameritox and our technology, it was easy for them to travel through our already plowed roads. Now that the business is tougher, weak reps were exposed and allowed to come to these posts and be bitter, fired, fools. Not to mention liars due to their disgruntled nature of their departure. Ameritox has doubled the number of terrritories in the company this year. When territories are divided, reps are often exposed that their partner was carrying the entire load. Our business is growing at an unheard of rate in the medical world and those of us who have stayed on through the tough times, put our hand to the plow and have been successful in spite of the challenges are stronger for it. We have a technology that no other lab in the world can match. We have the studies to back it up and more are on the way. Other labs do a fine job, but they don't do anything unique. They are all exactly the same as a pre-employment drug screen, just with a different name on the outside of their lab. Personally, I would never work for a "me too" product since you are left competing on price and if you don't have the best price, you don't win. Selling a commodity sucks. That type of enviornment takes no selling skills at all which is probably a good place for all of the disgruntled whiners on this board. Ameritox is not perfect by any means, but no company is, so there is some room for honest criticism but not bitter lies. If you find a company where I too can be an average or below average rep and make $200K/year, let me know. It doesn't exist. Overall, Ameritox is a great company but again we are not perfect. If you are considering using Ameritox or working for Ameritox, use your own judgement from talking with the company and some existing reps to make your decision. Never take advice from someone who has been fired due to poor performance, you will never get accurate info (about any company). The biggest problem that I see with Ameritox is that our legal counsel keeps us so far away from any appearance of violating Stark Laws and Anti-Kickback laws, that we are sometimes handcuffed against our competitors who routinely cross those lines, but since these are grey areas and not hard lines, they have not been penalized yet. I can assure you that after 2 years with Ameritox, I don't have any plans to go anywhere anytime soon. I am proud to work for Ameritox and can honestly hold my head high and say that I do.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"A technology no other lab in the world can match"?

WHO WOULD WANT TO???

Show me the peer reviewed papers from JAMA, NEJM, etc. that back up Rx Guardian. Produce just one single sheet from a search of Pubmed.com. Cough up one tiny sliver of papyrus published from a real study at Mayo, Harvard, UCLA, Johns Hopkins, U of M, Cleveland Clinic, etc.

Just one PEER REVIEWED publication. Put in a link right here. (Not the white papers you paid for!!!)

Your proprietary "technology" is a smoke and mirrors crock of s**t.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And your lab offers what? I'll answer here with the truth, not your continued lies and venom. Every lab in the pain managment arena has copied the Ameritox lab report. I wonder why? Is is still because "Who would want to???" You offer no more than a preemployment drug screen...a DOT drug screen..a positive or negative...I will even give you credit that maybe you even do a confirmation. Congratulations! I will even give your lab credit for doing a good job at what they do, they just don't do anything unique or special. Anybody can do ordinary. Some even aspire to average. So congratulations again! However, the fact is I could beat your test every day, sell the drugs, give them away, whatever and get another prescription from a dozen different Drs. using your lab, I couldn't do it on an Ameritox test and you know that is true. So do the Drs. by the way. These are the facts and the truth told without hate or disgust, just unemotional facts. You should try getting your emotions out of the way from your bitterness of not succeeding with or against Ameritox.

Since you are the one making the accusations here, provide to me one shred of evidence that the Ameritox technology doesn't work. You can't. You and everyone else knows it works whether you want to admit it or not. By the way, every study is paid for by the company that does it. Pfizer is not paying for studies on Purdue drugs. How about you, what peer reviewed papers can you provide on the uniqueness of your company? Come on, try your junior high tactics in junior high. I would bet that you have never even done research yourself. I have, I know how it works and who pays for it. I should disclose at this point that when I did research on both pharma and medical devices, the companies with the product paid me for doing the research on their product. How does this fit into your accusations?

Finally, tell me what is so unique about your lab and who do you work for? Are you hiding something? Are you embarrassed? Just throwing out lies and accusations from behind you computer gains you no credibility. And try being honest this time. Your continued lies about Ameritox are known to everyone willing to simply open their eyes and see the truth. So please, do not continue to spew venom out of bitterness and hatred. Why not try to succeed at your newest venture, apparently you weren't able to in your last one. I wish you the best of luck, you are going to need it since your selling skills are obviously lacking. But hey, there are plenty of companies willing to accept average.

PS: I like the 4 letter expletives, they demonstrate your intelligence. Keep 'em coming.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the "shred of evidence" excerpted from the linked website below, written by two of the leading pain care physicians in the country, Douglas L. Gourlay, MD, FRCPC, FASAM NS and Howard A. Heit, MD, FACP, FASAM. Perhaps I should also ask Dr. Scott Fishman or Dr. Russell Portnoy to set to paper what they think of this type of "technology" the next time I see one of them.

"Amount of Drug Taken: At this time, there is no scientifically validated relationship between the amount of drug taken and urine drug concentration.
    Therefore, a UDT cannot indicate the amount of drug taken, when the last dose was administered, or the source of that drug.1-5 Recently, some laboratories have offered technology to compare a patient’s UDT result to an expected range for a drug—they claim that comparing a normalized test result concentration to the expected range can measure compliance with the prescribed dose (reporting: in range, low, or high).

Although their protocol may calculate a normalized value based on the patient’s height and weight, the specimen’s pH and specific gravity, and prescription dosage, many other factors can influence the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and elimination of a drug. These include genetic polymorphisms (eg, enzyme deficiencies), renal and hepatic function, disease states, body surface area and muscle mass, cardiac output, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, and age.

Therefore, at this time, UDT measurements should not be used to extrapolate backward and make specific determinations regarding dose and compliance with the prescribed drug. Software and laboratory products have not yet been fully validated scientifically and peer reviewed in the medical literature.

Interpreting a UDT beyond the current scientific knowledge may put healthcare professionals and patients at medical and/or legal risk."

Page 15, right hand column, from the link below:

http://www.familydocs.org/files/UDTmonograph.pdf

Would you like more "shreds of evidence" posted on this public blog?

As far as the "venom" and explitives go, read your first paragraph. Please continue to wrap yourself in the smugness of your superiority. It makes my job so much easier when your head is in the sand and it stays there, as you are being kicked in the ass repeatedly...

Next you will have to start on my grammar or my spelling...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You misspelled expletive, you moron! I told you: Ameritox is more better!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice diatribe for a response. Where is my request for a SINGLE link for support of your science?

The use of s**t is not an expletive, it is a scatological reference, that is correctly and appropriately used to refer to your testing. It reflects not a whit on my intelligence, but rather was used to indicate very strong opinion against the validity of your product!

I refuse to get in a battle of wits with an unarmed adversary. It's not fair to you.

Do you want to

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RESPOND WITH FACTS THIS TIME, OR ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE ME MORE BLOATED PONTIFICATION???

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I appreciate all the dialogue - one thing is very true. The Ameritox of old is nothing like the Ameritox of new. Sure the product is good - and yes the competitors have copied the report - why change what is good. Ameritox is its own worst enemy.

Lets face it - the only specialties that will use urine drug monitoring the right way are pain management physicians (PMR, Anesthesia, Neurology and yes some Primary Care physicians). Lets review the cycle: reps are doing great bringing in over 1000 samples per month - then their territory is cut by 60% of the prospects but they are still expected to bring in 800 samples per month - there is something wrong. Especially when what they are left with is Orthos, ER docs and oh lets not forget Primary Care docs. They are set up to fail. It is very disheartening when the older reps know more about the pain management market then the Ameritox leadership.

Also, there is also a strong correlation between being on tier 3 making $3000 at plan - and getting put on a performance review. Unfortunately, there aren't many more tier 3 folks out there. These folks were asked and expected to leverage past relationships to get the business up front - 2 years ago. Now when their isn't much business left to get (except for the specialties who won't do monitoring) these folks aren't needed. Why keep the highest paid reps - when it is easier to hire less experienced folks to maintain the business - who are only paid $1000 at plan. And, lets not forget the 50 emails per week, the 8 reports that are due and oh yes the many many conference calls. All this stress for $1000 at plan. I don't know about you but my time is too valuable to be stressed out about urine collections - it is just a sales job.

Fortunately, for some of these reps the competitors understand the value of relationships and are paying reps what they deserve. The only reason Ameritox is losing business is because they don't understand how to take care of their employees. If they worked with reps, took time to listen to them, to understand the market and to understand the value of their people they wouldn't be in this situation. Lets face it the customers have relationships with people not a company. Everyone should think about what is really important instead of fighting over if the ranges are valid. People are important. Docs could care less about ranges.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have opened Pandora's box!

Another "shred of evidence", this time from the NATIONAL DRUG COURT INSTITUTE:

"The fact that urine drug concentrations are of little interpretive value will unfortunately come as a surprise to too many drug court professionals. The use of urine drug levels for evaluating patterns of substance abuse is commonplace and has deep roots in the criminal justice system. Court programs have been adjudicating cases based on urine drug
    levels for years. That fact does not make the practice any more legitimate.

If the use of urine drug levels cannot be supported scientifically, then the validity of decisions based upon these levels is questionable.

Accordingly, the more often a court utilizes drug test results in a manner that is not scientifically valid, the farther it strays from its evidentiary foundation – thus undermining the forensic defensibility of its decisions."

http://www.ndci.org/publications/NDCI_Urine_Drug_FS_Revised_3-28-06.pdf

We are still waiting for one single link to support your "science".

P.s. I did not know a testing report was so powerful!!! We did not copy yours, we asked clinicians what they would like to see presented in what order. You flatter yourself, if you think we copied your report...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

former Ameritox employee here (definitely not what some of you losers would think couldn't make it I woke up and went with a REAL company!) - and soooo happy to be where I am now with competent people! I agree with the above, people that left but not with some of the ones that stayed, beware......... more than a few are sheep in wolves clothing - I can not even begin......

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm. I have given you, per your request above, more than "one shred of evidence that the Ameritox technology doesn't work." It's not been proven by peer review. I chatted with the person who originially came up with this concept for you at length, and it was with data collected at a closed population inpatient methadone clinic. From that single study you have created your product, to produce "results" for a broad demographic population.

I have responded "here with the truth, not your continued lies and venom" as you have written above.

I explained the difference between an expletive and a scatological term.

Do you want to know the most interesting thing? Search Ameritox on Google, and this blog comes up in second place to your website. Any person using your lab under the age of 30 will see this, and be curious.

A single [click] on that link will bring them to this blog. Best of luck, you will need it, unless you can produce some real science.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WELL SAID. This is the best company I've ever worked for! Great and ethical management team that really cares about how it does business and how it treats its people.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Ameritox Technology

A newspaper article??? What does this mean? Rx Guardian is vindicated?

PEER REVIEWED paper, not NEWS paper...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SE Region just had 10 reps of their 16 hit goal.
    Quit your bitching and go away!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Ameritox Technology

How funny! It was UDS testing-not what you quoted. And can you furnish a clinical trial which proves the RxGuardian technology is of any scientific valus or substance-The Lifetree data was a poster-you should understand the difference prior to writing this article-thus you are diminished to someone who is clueless in the pain arena and higlight yourself -where are you from-you are just unfamilliar with pain management and you need to re-work your articles-Most Drs are looking for stuff from Harvard, George Washington, etc.

Ameritox does not have those connections or clout!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"They Need"??? No- the South FL team was #1 in the country for a good portion of last year.
    Don't blame the reps competency levels on the fact that they were "assigned associates" b/c the founder of Sterling wanted to place friends.

I know those 2 reps and know they kick ass.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A main issue I find with this company is there compensation plan. There is no adjustment to compensation when goal increases are handed out. How can one that is bringing in 1,000 samples a month have an increase of 20% and still be paid the same. An adjustment in goal should be followed by an adjustment in compensation! Raise the 20% on both sides of the scale. On another note, (to borrow from our disgruntled former employee) how can one bringing in 1,000 samples be compensated the same as the rep that is bringing in 200. There is no method behind the madness. I know most our DM's understand this but it usually goes no further than that. Sad. Visit's to CafePharma will soon be followed to visits to medreps.com if this continues.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding? Our labs compensation is based on each sample sent in. Double your samples = double your commision. Simple math.