Should I work here....

Discussion in 'Salix' started by Anonymous, Aug 13, 2011 at 6:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am about to get an offer and want honest opinions about the company. I really like what I hear about the company and I am not afraid of hard work. Thanks in advance and serious replies only.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read the posts on this board. 99% of what is stated is TRUE. This company nearly destroyed my life, my morale, and my career. I have had a very successful career in pharmaceuticals. My stint with Salix (several years) was the only part of it I regret. These people are evil personified. Trust me when I say you will regret coming here. I am a very hard worker too, and had such high hopes for success when I started here, until I realized how oppressive, negative, and evil these people are. Any pharma company is better than hear. You have been warned....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen!!!! 100% truth

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A friend of mine works for Satans ass, Salix, and she said that about two out of three reps are just waiting for an opportunity out of this company.

The commission structure only pays the top 10 in the company so if you're anywhere below 10 there's nothing really exciting. You'll get about 23 emails a day. Get inundated with weekly numbers and held accountable to a weekly ranking that wont mean a damn thing at the end of the quarter. Two bad quarters in a row and you'll get a corrective action plan and get laid off. You'll be micromanaged by the entire home office. You'll have a roomate at every meeting. There isn't a friend in the room at meetings, everyone is out for themselves. Good luck finding a smiling face at this company. Better have a transplant center in your territory or it's all off label promotion.

If you're unemployed, come on down. If you're at a pharma company, stay put, Salix really does suck. The culture is toxic and there is no amount of money out there that makes putting up with their BS worth while.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the initials of the manager? Manager is important.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't put mgr initials on here, because if you get hired and Scott P finds out who you are (easy to tell by which mgr has an opening right now) he will terrorize you for all the days that you work here. TRUST ME There is a reason this place is called THE FIRM.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He will terrorize you whether you tell us or not. This company is evil. Everyone is looking to leave.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen, there are positives and negatives with any company n Salix is no exception. If you perform well then you are treated well and get promotional opportunities, etc. The downside is that the minute you have a down quarter or two all of your past success is forgotten and the pressure is put on. Expect to work hard and put family, personal matters, etc second to your work responsibilities, particularly if you are in management. The pay is fair and bonuses are decent if you finish in the top 1/3. Upper management is unrealistic with their expectations and will not listen to what the reps are telling them is happening in the field. Territory is very important to your success depending on if you have thought leaders, teaching hospitals, good formulary coverage, etc. I don't regret my time here but it is often very stressful and does wear you down. Oh, and the roomates at meetings is the most ridiculous thing I have ever experienced. Until the managers have to share rooms don't force your reps to.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh-no. It's an awful place. You can never say you were not warned.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Scott P is so out of touch with reality and so innately mean-spirited that he thinks he is good at his job if he is criticized on Cafe Pharma. Hard to believe, but true. These people are crazy as they come.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

absolutely true! SP is insecure and gets off on terrorizing reps

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd say anonymously attacking someone on an internet chat board is a pretty good sign of insecurity. Why don't we put your name on here an ask everyone to give their opinion of you?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Jared!!! Tool.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not an attack but a statement of fact. If SP and upper management were secure with themselves and their culture, why would they care what is said about them on these boards. Instead everyone knows they monitor this board and try and figure out who said what. The truth hurts.

spend more time worrying about getting the most out of your reps and creating a culture that promotes excellence, and less time worrying about what is being said about you on an anonymous message board. Maybe, if this was done from the beginning there would be fewer open territories and less money spent on training. People might even be able to have their own hotel rooms.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the time stamps of some of these posts. I always find it amusing when reps get on here and blast their company when they should be working. Maybe if you were out in the field hustling instead of bitching and complaining on Cafepharma, Salix would suck as a place to work.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the time stamps of some of these posts. I always find it amusing when reps get on here and blast their company when they should be working. Maybe if you were out in the field hustling instead of bitching and complaining on Cafepharma, Salix would not suck as a place to work.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So it's not possible someone got on here from their smartphone or iPad or something while waiting in a Doc office huh? They must be at home rather than working.... yeah right.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly Scott P, they are called smart phones and the specialty sales force you call sits in primary care office waiting rooms all day. Scott, do something over in Raleigh besides running call averages and taking public speaking classes....they don't work!! Pray for a buy out!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All true

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is my favorite question ever....READ THE THREADS!!! The many, many threads that disclose the ugly truth of this place are real and spot ON! this place is the most horrible place to work on the face of this (or any other) planet. RUN, RUN fast the opposite direction...