ASR

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Oct 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The first federal DePuy ASR hip recall lawsuit trial is scheduled to begin on May 6, 2013 with the second trial set for July 8, 2013.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For a disgruntled ex employee you sure are in the know... Tee hee...

Good infirmation!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

*information*

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey - cut him some slack on the infirmation thing.

Maybe it was Freudian or meant to be a subtle reference to the fact that so many ASR patients have become INFIRM as a result of DePuy's denial!

It will be nice to find out in the fullness of time what Ekdahl's position on ASR was.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plenty of surgeons willing to tell their story of how all their concerns were swept under the rug. I guess we will have to wait until the trials to here the truth from, 'Disgruntled, ' yet honest and ethical ex employees and surgeons.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find it sad that so many people have suffered and more will in the future due to poor decisions. Even when people inside were throwing up red flags it was ignored. Why didn't anyone internal suffer? It seems they are living the high life, making huge salaries, building shwanky new homes in the country side. They sure have a spring in their step. I don't know how they sleep at night.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JnJ is currently defending approximately 6,000 lawsuits stemming from the ASR hip recall. Given that the initial ASR lawsuits have settled, the next trial date is scheduled for January 2013 in Maryland state court.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get what you're saying. Heads should have rolled in Warsaw over this. There once was a time at DePuy when you were held accountable for horrible mistakes. The ASR disaster has ruined people's lives and no one in management was punished for it. Actually the man that I'm thinking of who was running the ASR show eventually was promoted to WW VP. I know, I know, the only way you get punished at DePuy these days if you dissagree with the leadership and refuse to conform. It makes me sick to watch how they protect and promote each other. And to the person who accused the poster of being a "disgruntled ex employee". Up yours buddy! There are plenty on the inside who hate the situation and only stay for the money!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard that surgeons are being sued over pinnicle MOM now also. I saw one revised that was not pretty. How long until that gets recalled also?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the ASR or MoM depositions occur or occurred, it must be a hoot to see a DePuy deponent shuffle half-cooked hip wear simulator data in the 510K submission towards the plaintiff's atty. as evidence that MoM articular surfaces are safe inside the hip joint. Plus, of course, reams of supporting literature with ethereal factual content stating that "it's been used for years and years with clinical success"

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here in the UK, we have surgeons having to put in constrained liners where they have had ASR's (these are some of the first patients to receive), the soft tissue is well and truly Donald Ducked. Surgeons clearly not happy, but believe it or not some believe that DePuy are behaving honourably compared to some of the competition who have had issues, and solely blamed the surgeons.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hummmm. Here in the States plenty of surgeons threw up red flags and voiced there concerns over ASR failure rates early on and were flat out ignored and thrown under the bus. Did your UK surgeons not see the Australian registry results and here there voiced concerns also? No company has tried to cover up an arthroplasty implant failure like this before. This should cost JnJ Billions, not millions.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy ASR revision today. Golf ball size psuedotumors. Wish I could post pics.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've seen a few as well. Not that big, but big enough to think that something went horribly wrong in that short of time.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sadly if you stick around, you will also see plenty of Pinnacle Ultamet patients with pseudotumors that as far as I've seen so far are even worse.

I think we have to look at the positives.

The Pinnacle shell works great and the stem works great.

With a piece of poly in between, we are still as good as anyone out there?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Need a name change to get away from this though. Hmmmm. Maybe relaunch as Titelist.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about P.O.S. there's a name for you!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it true that reps that were in OR's during ASR implantations for these first upcoming court cases will soon get a subpoena? Why is everyone up top so quite when asked about this?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest