SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But nobody buys it. Seroquel IR still has the lion's share of the market and XR will tank when the generics hit the market. Expensive sales forces will go bye bye.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your much smarter than you look.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both got divorced, too and broke up with each other after the home wrecking was over.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brand Guy went on to be an RSD. Still here. Trainer went on to be an assoc. marketing mgr. in CNS before leaving the company and the industry. Now in NYC in advertising. Both train wrecks never hooked up again.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quit dropping your articles! You're not fucking Jackie Chan!

(You ought to see "Murder by Death," it was hilarious!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What you mean?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

March 26, 2012 is the date it looses full patent protection.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will still have XR for a long time, But its not better the regular according to studies. It goes of patent in march or something

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good luck trying to "sell" that xr is better than generic to pbm's

tick tock.... another shoe drops

make sure to read up on EBT, you'll be applying for them soon

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are SO wrong. I'm a CNS rep and I was told by T himself on a teleconference that cornerstone means NOTHING. All I have to do is "stay focused" and "control what I can control" and I will be just fine. Ha ha ha the joke is on you. Who is the loser NOW?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sarcasm of this quality deserves its own thread. This thread sucks.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time will tell. Seroquel XR will stop growing when Seroquel goes generic and there goes the sales force. T is so far removed from reality he doesn't have a clue.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can control when I shoot my spoogeload if I use a restraining device.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK thanks HR. Now go and make a false case against another targeted employee and fire him, making sure he can't sue the staff of lawyers who really are the core of AZ.

Then coin a new tag line because the patient health first thing is a little tired by now. It was a really good one because it was such a flagrant, opposite from the truth outright bald-faced outright lie.

Try to mimic it with a 2012 line. Here's an idea: We do it because we want to save money for the US Government, and the People in the USA. It's all about saving you money!

Something like that. Just look at what AZ actually does and promulgate the opposite with a catchy phrase, and there you go! The new mantra.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As the person who oversaw the development and design of the XR program, we told marketing up front this was 1) a patent ploy, 2) there would not be a head to head superiority trial to compare adverse events such as sedation (which is a benefit anyway), 3) most patients taking SQL IR off label for bipolar were doing so twice a day (and in fact the bipolar depression studies used bid dosing), and 4) the only scientific rationale for XR is that it a more consistent delivery mechanism for SQL and hence the active metabolite, which is also a norepi reuptake inhibitor. Again a pure patent ploy, anything else you are told is not true.

Also, to the supposed psychiatrist who talked about " growing out of bipolar", that is an absolute falsehood. I suggest that he/she learn some clinical psychiatry.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its tremendously good news for AZ.... they can cut people, then tell the politicians that they helped more people rely on the government for unemployment and EBT cards

and those of us with no insurance will appreciate our low cost generic seroquel for sleep since this company has put us in a major depression

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The XR patent extension is so ridiculous. Astraca got luck on these one, it's not even better the the regular seroquel. Can't wait till this med drops in march

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3 months left, is that enough to make an impact with XL

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For all the bashing that pharma and reps take. I must commend AZ and their sales force helping me and my family.

I was never really too buggy, but would go 2-3 nights without sleeping when the world cranked up the pressure. After numerous attempts with other formulas, I was finally prescribed Seroquel.

I can sleep a full night and am not mean as hell to anything and everybody.

Sure, I put I 10 pounds, but its better to be a little pudgy than crazy.