Seroflo= Generic Advair

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jan 30, 2008 at 9:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What have you heard about this drug. I looked it up online and minus the delivery system it is identical to Advair and Docs are asking about it. Anyone have any further info on its availability in the US? This is really scary. Could be a serious threat to GSK.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look you are the same clown who posted this the other day. Seroflo is a generic form of Advair. I believe it is only in INDIA! Not the USA. It can not be sold legally in any country that adheres to patent laws.

You are not scaring anyone. No one really cares as you can see.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, it is scary because it can be purchased by individuals in the US and anyone who has access to a computer can get information about it-- Dumbass. For those of us selling Advair---it is important to have the facts so we can address concerns when it is brought up. If it hadnt been an issue, no one would have taken the time to post. To the original poster......it isnt available in the US yet and it would be important for Docs to tell their patients it is inadvisable to order ANYTHING out of the US due to lack of regulation of these generic products. Hope that helps you in your selling efforts. Ignore the idiots who only want to post negativity and not offer any real suggestions.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When and if a generic is approved in the US--GSK will have something else to take its place. You still have a good 3 years to sell advair before that happens. There is some rumor about a company in NC--but noone is worried about it at this point. As management says, keep selling whats in your bag now.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an idiot if you listen to this guy---IT IS available in the USA now, via liberty pharmacy and a couple of other distributors. I google it and found 3 that are shipping in the usa for 33.00 per unit.

Heres the info that I found for the poster who wanted some info. Hope this helps:
    SEROFLO (Salmeterol/Fluticasone, Advair, Seretide)
    Manufacturer: CIPLA manufactures SEROFLO (Salmeterol/Fluticasone, Advair, Seretide).
    Uses: The uses of SEROFLO (Salmeterol/Fluticasone, Advair, Seretide) include:
    A combination corticosteroid (fluticasone) and long-acting brochodilator (salmeterol) used to treat wheezing, shortness of breath, and trouble breathing caused by asthma in patients 12 years of age and older.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a dumb ass if you believe that. You should get your facts together before you try to appear informative.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not go home and cry to Mommy. If Liberty pharmacy is in the United States or Canada they will soon be sued out of business. If it is overseas US authorities have the power seize Seroflo if it crosses our border.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And then you pay your money, only to realize it doesn't work for you. Further analysis will most likely reveal that is is lactose and baking soda , or some other non-pharmaceutical substance. SUCKA' !!!!!!

Seriously, most of this crap cannot be traced. The origin of manufacturing is totally unknown. Counterfeit pharmaceuticals that are routed through numerous countries to trying to make them more anonymous are proliferating.

If you want to risk it, then go for it, dude. But I'm not THAT big of a gambler.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most informed people are gamblers either. Unfortunately, patients searching to save a buck or who have no insurance take those chances and end up suffering or worse, dying. Thanks to the op for posting though. At least we know its out there and we can respond accordingly if asked about it. I personally had never heard of it before, but did research it and found that it unfortunately does exist, and is available is the US.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No big deal read this about the poison!

Three asthma inhalers with salmeterol or formoterol may cause 80 percent of U.S. asthma deaths annually, says a new study.

Because of the possible health risks, these products sold as GlaxoSmithKline's Serevent and Advair, and Novartis' Foradil should be recalled, said researchers at Cornell University and Stanford University.

"These asthma deaths are generally (occurring) in healthy young adults," said Stanford researcher Shelly Salpeter. "We estimate that approximately 4,000 of the 5,000 asthma deaths that occur in the U.S. each year are caused by these long-acting beta-agonists, and we urge that (they) be taken of the market."

The researchers conducted a statistical analysis of 19 published asthma trials involving 33,826 patients and found that people who used salmeterol-based asthma inhalers (Serevent and Advair) or inhalers containing formoterol (Foradil) were 3.5 times more likely to die from asthma.

The team also saw that these same patients were 2.5 times more likely to be hospitalized than asthma patients using a placebo inhaler.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GO INTO YOU HOSPITAL PHARMACY AND ASK THEM ABOUT GENERIC ADVAIR. YOU WILL SEE HOSPITALS WILL BE ABLE TO GET IT THIS YEAR! GSK WILL CHALLENGE THIS BUT IN THE END LOSE JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER BIG PHARMA OF LATE THAT TRIED TO REAP PROFITS WITH DIFFERENT FORMULATIONS OF DRUGS AVAILABLE GENERIC......

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just recieved 6 diskus from an internet site,
    and I live in aka Ski Country, USA.
    Kinda scared to take it after this blog.
    What should I do???

13. I would just like to post that I do medical transcription and I just typed a report today where a doctor in the US is writing a prescription for Seroflo. It is the generic for Advair, and due to some people's insurance costs, people are seeking generic brands.

I personally say that if a doctor is prescribing it, then it must be safe.

Don't believe the hype!

Do your own research and don't listen to ignorant people who act like they know everything. Obviously, anyone with any wisdom wouldn't even post such negative, childish comments.

All in all, as a helpful note, Seroflo is becoming more popular and will probably be more readily available to find. Ask your doctor or pharmacist on additional information if you have any doubts.

I hope it works for you. Good luck!

14. #14 jcarter, Apr 5, 2008 at 3:28 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2008 at 9:55 PM
    jcarter

jcarter Guest

My dr said the reason some asthma meds can cause death is that some people use the wrong inhaler when they have an asthma attack - you should only use ventolin then because it is quick acting. advair opens your airways over the long term, not quickly. So i think Advair is good at controlling asthma and I don't have problems when I use it twice a day. If I can save money on generic advair, then that's great. I did some research on Seroflo and Cipla and found that Cipla is a big Pharma company in India. They won't be selling a med that doesn't work, and you would know pretty soon if it wasn't right anyway, coz your airways wouldn't open. I think I will try Seroflo next time I need a repeat. Thx for the info..

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been using Cipla Rotohaler for four months now I buy it out of Canada. It ships from India. I get six months supply for 145.00. Was paying 196.00 for advair 250/50 at 60 inhaleations

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey. I have been purchasing Seretide from Australia; it says right on the label on the discus that it is from a company that is a subsidiary of Glaxo Smith Kline, so it is made by the exact same company as Advair. The two drugs used in Advair/Seretide have been around forever; the big deal with Advair/Seretide is the discus and that this delivery system works well for many people. If the discus you purchases says Seretide on it, it is Advair and there are no worries. The reason Advair hasn't gone generic in the US is that the greedy b____ds at GSK want to squeeze all the money they can out of all of us without health insurance and squeeze all they can out of the health insurance companies. Canada, Europe, Australia - civilized groups of people who actually believe that health care is a right and not a privilege - don't have this problem because people's health care is looked at as part of the commons, as basic as the police and fire departments. And yes, I have lived in Europe and the health care system worked great for me, before all the for-profit types on this blog get their hackles up.

I am purchasing Seroflo from now on and all the scary words on this website are obviously coming from people who sell this stuff and they are worried about their bottom line. They should go work for a non-profit that actually helps their fellow humans and does not profit off their maladies. I'm sure they'll jump on this but it really doesn't matter. I am an educated 42 year old woman who has been inside the medical system all my life, so people can yell and scream all they want about these "dangerous" overseas drugs that are produced by the same and similar companies the drugs in the US are - just with the huge profit margin taken out. GSK makes Seretide in Australia and other places and sells it cheaper in those places because the governments of those countries will not allow them to price gouge. The current US government welcomes price gouging in medicine, gasoline, etc. because it puts money in the pockets of the administration as well as in the pockets of their buddies. You don't have to be a genius to figure that out.

17. 3hitsleft

3hitsleft Guest

I use advair. it does help, but at 135 per month... it is prohibitively expensive. (135 after insurance by the way...) And I have to agree, anything bought outside of US isnt trustworthy and possibly illegal. According to my pharmacist, its gonna be another 10 years for a generic version. The pharmacist told me to check out GLAXO's coupons for poor ppl ( I make under 20k/yr). Ive been using albuterol for 25 years too, and EPA changed the rules on me, what used to be a $28 drug went to $105 ($40 with insurance... used to be $10) I would gladly pay 1/3 of my income to get proper health care (like Switzerland or Canada) But hey!... without 9 figure salaries, who would want to help their fellow man?
    Same thing goes for big OIL....
    And, by the way, this ' War on Drugs' isnt working. The US imports more drugs worldwide than anybody else. For 'use' with our pharmacies (and drug manufacturers) ... Comments?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that Australia is a civilized country, British settlers were able to exterminate most of those pesky aborigines to help make a superior country.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that you Nancy Peckerwrecker, surfacing again... or is it your sick ass partner, Mary Ann Reamjob...thought the Feds shut both of you liars up after Garniers limited departure....he will be back with his hook nose in jail, and using the bidet for everything, and I mean everything... hahhaha losers.
    Hope you are right there with him - you should be.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Off topic and you know it; by your standards the US isn't civilized either and honestly, I think it's a debatable issue. The point is, and you know it, is that by civilized I meant governments that provide protections for their people, Aboriginal or Invader, to get low cost or free medicines that keep them alive. I am now off the Seretide/Advair and on the Indian Ciplo RotaInhaler and it works even BETTER as a delivery system than the Diskus. Same medicines in the same quantities for a fraction of the price ($30 for 60 doses compared to $180 for 60 doses) and it gets in my lungs better. The inhalors are FREE, cleanable, and recyclable. So, back on topic.