Pfizer Retiree Medical

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a Wyeth retiree and we're supposed to fall under Pfizer's retiree medical plan when the merger is finalized. How much do Pfizer retiree's pay for coverage per mo. and is there dental coverage?

2. VOCS

VOCS Guest

After the merger, all you're going to get is a painful bloody discharge from your rectum. Welcome to the NEW PFIZER!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medical is under $100./month , dental is 120 for a family. Medical drops down to 80% covered, but meds are still free from day one.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the response. What is up with that idiot VOCS?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you mean $120 per mo. for dental? Are only meds made by Pfizer provided at no charge?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, $120/month for dental. All drugs are covered at 100% w/o ded..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We must have different Retirement Plans. I just received my options under the PD Plan.

Aetna Traditional Indemnity Self=$183.00 Self/Spouse=$366.00
    Aetna POS Self=$134.00 Self/Spouse=$N/A

Dental Self=$40.41 Self/Spouse/Domestic Partner=$84.83

Interestingly, I asked for an explanation of retirement benefits on two separate occasions. One gave me the choice of both Traditional and POS. On the most recent one, I was offered only Traditional.

8. VOCS

VOCS Guest

Listen jagoff, we don't want you or your loser associates here. Wyeth is a f-cking joke. We are going to take your products and fire your useless asses. You don't get sh-t! Go away now. Banned!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have 20 yrs with firezer so things may be different. Did you go on Netbenefits.com? this is a good resource.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expect to get the short end of the stick from Pfizer. Their's is a closed, inward-looking culture that produces little, thus the reason for all the takeovers. If you look at the top ten list of Pfizer products you'll see that very few were actually produced by legacy Pfizer.....the majority coming from Warner-Lambert and Pharmacia.

As for retiree benefits, the retiree medical plan costs (depending on which legacy company you were with) just about doubled for 2009 relative to 2008.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What did you find on netbenefits? Where there any other plans to chose from? HR is giving me and a friend of mine the run around. No one will give us an explanation. They just read from a script.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take the silver spoon out of your hand and pretend that you have to do your own research regarding your own benefits. HR is giving, what you persieve, a run around because they are under the impression that you are an adult.
    Now, do SOMETHING and report back your findings.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey moron, before you try and insult someone, try learning how to spell and construct a paragraph that could be read and understood. Idiot is written all over your post. Did you re-read it before you submitted? I didn't think so. Are you a second grader?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Firezer..that's good. Add a P..Pfirezer...the new company tag

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To OP: Don't believe SHIT that Pfizer tells you. Just like they told their employees before the last cut that they were adding 5 years either onto age or to years of service. This left everyone with the impression that if you were 50, you would be considered to be age 55 and you would be able to begin collecting a monthly pension. Boy did HR ever start backpeddling so fast it would make your head spin. Just don't believe shit until you have check in hand.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did anyone get a 2 letters from Pfizer on the pension benefits? I am under the WL pension, and although confusing, there is information on bankruptcy of the pension plan (should it occur), what's guaranteed, what's not. It appears as if our pension goes belly up, the PBGC does not have to supply us with certain benefits.

I am not genius and I am still trying to understand the legal language. Anyone have any insight?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your basic pension benefits are guaranteed as long as you are vested. Extra things that are not part of the pension plan are not guaranteed.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PBGC only insures up to a certain monetary amount. This amount changes annually and everything is explained at the PBGC website. Retirement insurance is not guaranteed by any a company and will be discontinued if the company goes out of business or decides not to offer it. Some states have laws to help employees whom employers have discontinued retirement insurance, others do not. Hope this helps!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did Pfizer not give the 5 years to age or years of service when needed during the last layoff? I know they did in the 2006 layoffs.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes they did, and it was sweet.

Agree with last poster, do NOT believe ANYTHING Pfizer tells you. HR Source kiddies know nothing but what you can read for yourself in the Plan summaries.