Kaleo?

Discussion in 'Syneos Health' started by Anonymous, Feb 26, 2014 at 7:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a good idea but the market is not that big;
    -In 2008, more than 36,000 people died from drug overdoses, and MOST (not all) of these deaths were caused by prescription drugs (not all are opioids)

-The misuse and abuse of prescription painkillers (not all are opioids) was responsible for more than 475,000 emergency department visits in 2009, a number that nearly doubled in just five years.

---
    I added the "(not all)" and "(not all are opioids)" to point out that the #s for opioids might be lower than that.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone scheduled a face to face yet?
    phone screen?
    Any details?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All reps have been hired. Too late

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can see that bc I looked at numbers too

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously?? Not that big?? How many people take opioids? Millions from the numbers I've seen.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then you seriously need to read the indication one more time. Does it say for people that take opioids?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess FDA is wrong by saying "preventing some of the estimated 16,000 annual deaths attributed to prescription drug overdoses". Once again, it is not for everyone taking opioids this is for the abuse. Your opening would be - Doctors how do you normally treat your junkies?

Read this:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/fda-approves-device-to-combat-opiod-drug-overdose/2014/04/03/35b69cac-bb3e-11e3-96ae-f2c36d2b1245_story.html

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is also a nasal spray with the same drug available. Good luck selling an injectable when you can shoot a spray up their nose.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This should be prescribed along with anyone who receives an opioid prescription to prevent potential overdoses. Also, the nasal spray is not FDA approved.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ORALLY administrated naltrexone has a longer duration of action.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oral Naloxone is not bio-available. Only in oral tablets to prevent crushing and injecting.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Evzio is for "rescue" of opiate overdose. Not for the prevention of withdraw or opiate dependency.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No not all positions filled! Still a chance!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who at inventiv is running this contract. Heard there were no Dms...

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is Kaleo hiring reps right now? What about Inventiv are they hiring? any feedback would be great. Thanks.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A nasal spray for respiratory depression? lol...interesting

17. Cha-Cha

Cha-Cha new user

Unique delivery system no one can afford.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is affordable with the $0 copay cards if you have insurance but when company allegedly doesn't focus on patients with Medicaid and Medicare and cash paying people it makes you rethink about company and why.

$4500 Device!!!!!

Those $0 copay cards may increase insurance plans as they are left paying devices. A pharmacist told me it was a crappy strategy that hurts people overall as we the people end up paying higher insurance plans. And then there's that cash paying person diagnosed with bone cancer paying $4500 when she really needs it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop calling it a device...it is a sub q injection. Without the copay card nobody is paying $4000 for naloxone. Small product but with the epi pens making the news- this could be next and this company will be toast. No patient is paying $4500 so your example is flawed and wrong.