Sonicare Sales Representative at Philips Medical

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Nov 7, 2007 at 5:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2nd face to face scheduled for next week. Wish me luck!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What area are you in again?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SouthEast. New Expansion Territory.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, ok I don't think we are interviewing for the same position then. Congrats!! I am still waiting to hear back about if I made it to the 2nd interview. How long after your first did you get called for the 2nd? And did they email you wanting you to do a credit background and drug testing etc? Just curious.....I want this position soooooo bad!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One week from first face to face until I found out when the second face to face was. (One more week away) But as long as I do well with this face to face, it's my understanding that the last 'interview' is more just a seal of approval. They fly the final candidate in to meet the big boss and he gives his approval, but as far as I know, the hiring managers mind is made up after this second face-to-face. At least that's the way I took it. I did the paperwork for the background check/etc. before the first face-to-face if I remember correctly. (Sorry, I have been interviewing the last 2-3 weeks, so its all kind of running together.) I did a personality test for a couple different ones, but I can't remember if this one had one or not.

ok, I just looked back thru my email, looks like after my phone screen, the day before my first Face to face interview they sent the online application, so I did it that day and had the first interview the next day. Then I was contacted earlier this week about a 2nd face to face for early next week.

Good luck to you! What stage of the process are you at? I am kinda hoping the rest goes more quickly, because I have other offers on the table as well, and I need to make some decisions, get back with some folks, but I also want to know I'm making the best choice for me, and don't want to overlook any opportunities. . .

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what did they tell you the comp plan was like? base, potential bonus, etc. How did you find out about the position?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told pretty much of what poster #9 said regarding salary and bonus. I just finished my 1st F2F this week and was told I would be told about when my 2nd would be. I am anxious because I thought the 2nd was to be next week. Oh well, guess I just have to learn to be more patient. That's great you have other offers! I wish that was the case for me, I have nothing else lined up!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cool. Well best of luck to you. How large will your territory be? Mine will be pretty extensive. About a 150 circle around my home base, encompassing 2 states. That's pretty big, (that's actually been my territory for the last 4 years, but for the most part, I stay in my metro area, because there's enough business here to keep me busy.) So I have a feeling I'm going to rack up some miles! Happy to be getting a car rather than just an allowance.
    Tell me about your first interview. What was the manager's style? Mine was pretty laid-back, asked the 'usual' interview questions, but was very thorough in answering my questions, which I appreciate. (sometimes in interviews, people answer you as though you've been doing the job as long as they have, which doesn't help to explain anything really. He was very good though.) What did you find most interesting? What did you find most disturbing? SORRY. I just want to see if I'm getting a TRUE feel for the job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My interview went good, I felt. He said it would be a very laid back style, then when you come back for the 2nd F2F it would be more extensive. Asked the usual "tell me about yourself..." and talked alot about the job itself. Showed me the territory, not as big as yours that's for sure. Told me briefly about the training, just that it was 7 weeks, didn't get into start dates etc. Said as long as your "producing" he's hands off. Which is nice. We left it as someone would be contacting me about the second interview, it was to be at the same place with him again. It would be down to 3 or 4 candidates then meet with the VP if necessary. I know he covers 3 states in the southeast so we may be speaking of the same DM just we are interviewing for different areas. Good luck to you....PLEASE let me know how the format of the 2nd interview went and I will let you know if I moved onto the next round.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, just noticed your comment about "disturbing" please elaborate.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh, i didn't mean anything except, like with one of the pharma that made me an offer, there are some challenges with the drug itself and its marketabilty due to the cost, generics available, etc. I didn't get anything 'disturbing' about this company. I was just curious if anything was said about high turn-over or challenges about the job/territory/etc. The worst thing this DM said was that reps get bored. If that's the biggest issue, I can definitely deal with that! :)

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't heard anything about the 2nd interview so I guess I didn't get it. I have called, left messages and emails and nothing. You would think I would at least get the "we have gone with someone else" email. It's very frustrating because I know I did well on the first interview!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know, I was told on my first interview they would call the next day, and I ended up calling HR a week later to see what the heck was going on. Then my 'follow-up' was an email confirming the time of the interview. I had my second interview this morning, and the DM apologized for the lack of response from HR, he said its been an issue, apparently they work for the parent company, and not just this division.
    If I were you, I'd look on that first email that they sent and get the 'recruiter's' name and number, call her, and find out what's up. It could just be lack of communication on HR's part.
    Best of Luck to you! Hopefully I find out today or tomorrow if I am headed to Conn. to interview with VP. Hopefully that goes well, because the DM says that he has sent people up there before and the VP hasn't liked them, and they didn't get the job. What a bummer. Can you imagine!? So, I'm just trying to keep my head up and my fingers crossed. I hope the answer comes soon, because I already turned down one offer, and I need to let the other company know something pretty soon. . .
    Best of luck to you, let me know what happens with HR. OH, and btw, the second interview wasn't NEARLY as hard as I thought it would be. I actually thought the first one was tougher. I had really prepared, and I didn't even get into any of the stuff I had worked on. (Situational type questions,behavioral, STAR ?'s, etc.) Just more of the same, and talking more about the position and the industry.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just judging by different conversations, I believe the DM I am working with covers NC,TN, and Virginia. There could be others, but I know those were mentioned.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have tried to call and email the "recruiter" but have gotten no response. I emailed the DM on friday too because I was told by him last week that they were trying to hold the second interview today, thats why I feel like I didn't get it. But then I am thinking why would he give me all of the information about second interview and who he deals with at HR? And show me the territory? It's just frustrating that I have had NO response whether positive or negative! This DM covers FL, GA, AL so not the same one I guess.

Good luck to you, I bet you get to go meet the VP and will get the job! Hope all works out for you, but it sounds like you will have a job either way....which is good in this economy!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI, apparently the DM isn't 'allowed' to call you directly, it has to go thru HR. I had called the DM a few days later and only then did he know HR hadn't called. Have you tried Fiona? Never talked to her directly, but apparently she's the one 'in charge'. . .

what did they quote you for a base salary? just curious if it changes with region/cost of living...the original quote has nothing to do with history/experience, because they told me the base before they ever asked what I make now. . .

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One more question...Did you 'close' the DM?
    I mean, did you ask to move forward, or if you were moving forward or if he had any hesitations about moving you forward, or however you might have closed, or at the end of the interview did he just say, well, I'll be calling people in the next couple days to set up second interviews?

Reason I asked, I have seen people (females especially-usually because they're too nice) nail the interview, but if they do not 'close' each step of the interview process, they are NOT sent on to the next round, there are no second chances if the company has a policy that you must close. (Especially true in pharma, they will let a great canidate walk simply because they didn't not close. They figure you are in sales, and YOU MUST ASK FOR THE JOB...gay, yes, I know, but that's just the way it is.)

You don't have to answer me, but so you can judge how you did, and also tips for your next interview, you can almost always detemine if you will get the next interview, by just asking, "When will I be moving forward to the next step?" If they give you some BS answer, ask again, "Do you have any hesitations with me moving forward?" If they say no, say "Great, I await your call." Important-If they say anything other than no, ADDRESS IT, and CLOSE AGAIN until they have no reservations with you moving forward.
    Best advice I can give....

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did ask for the job, then I went over what qualities he said the candidate would need to be sucessful at the job and described briefly how I posessed those qualities. I sent him an email that afternoon again going over the qualities he said would be ideal for the job. He said Fiona was his contact and she would be contacting me last week for interviews to be held hopefully today. I just wish I knew either way, I can't believe it's their policy to leave you hanging.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told the base was 52,000 across the board no exceptions. And you?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

52k by phone screener. Haven't discussed it with DM in detail.
    Well, good for you. sounds like the problem layes with HR. I would try again, and if all else fails, call back the person that did your phone screen. That's what I did, and at least I got an answer.
    Good Luck, I'll keep checking back to see what comes of it. Keep me posted.
    :)