Gallup phone interview

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Jan 31, 2008 at 4:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Graduating college this May, in the process of interviewing with Stryker. I have the Gallup phone interview on Monday, and if all goes well they will fly me out to California. Suggestions anyone? Already I know they are looking for competitive, aggressive, leader, high ethics... anything else?

I appreciate the help!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do yourself a favor. Just be yourself and answer honestly with good powerful examples.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is good advice. There is no right/wrong answers just a an interview to uncover what your strengths are and how they relate to Stryker. So don't worry and be yourself. It's no big deal.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what position are you interviewing for?

I would try to focus on leadership and competitive situations. high ethics means nothing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm interviewing for both a marketing internship and/or a full time job as a med. equipt. sales rep. I have the gallup phone interview on monday, and if all goes well, they will fly me out to san jose to interview.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow # 6! you just blew the other responses out of the water! thank you so much for taking the time to help out a future co-worker. :) i really appreciate it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just an update..

i just want to thank every one for their kind words and helpful advice. I had the gallup interview yesterday morning, and received a call a couple hours ago informing me that I did very well and that they will be flying me out to san jose in the next 2 weeks to interview at the headquarters with management and HR.

again, thank you for your help. the best advice was to be myself and answer truthfully with powerful examples.

wish you all the best.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Marketing Associate or ASR?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ASR

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just took this and I think I bombed it!!! Most stressful thing I have ever taken.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was it anything like what post #6 said? I don't remember those questions but it's been a long time ago.

What did you find so stressfull? Sorry that you had an unpleasant experience.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

probably lasted five minutes and he/she was more than likely all over the place with answers. NEXT.........

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Imagine that! Something useful on CP! There is hope for humanity after all.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what comes after gallup ?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually it was more like an hour and I think my problem was I wasnt specific enough. I havent received a call for a face to face yet so I'm assuming I'm out.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Guys,
    I have been reading this forum and has been quite helpfull. Im actually taking a gallup interview tonight sydney time 8pm for a management, leadership role. can anyone give me other examples that they asked?

all your help would be appreciated!!!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These gallup polls are simply for lackluster managers to cover their butts. Thje less decisions they make the better. God forbid they hire someone that didn't do well on the Gallup and have to take some heat. On the flipside, if someone does well on the Gallup and they don't work out the manager can blame the gallup poll.

It's all about ass coverage and getting out of the blast zone.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Gallup survey is not a "pass or fail" affair. It is a personality survey to help determine whether, or not, you are likely to be a good fit with "company culture." If the Gallup survey determines that you are not a likely good fit with Stryker company culture, then you probably would not be happy working there.

Don't try to "game" the survey or manipulate the outcome -- doing so will skew your results and make it unlikely that you will fit the profile they are looking to fill, even if you actually are ideal for the job. By the way, if you are thinking about how to manipulate the outcome, then you probably will fit the targte profile. So play it straight and move on.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The list of interview questions appearing several panels above is not a Gallup survey, it's a "behavioral/situational interview." To do well on a behavioral interview you need to have a credible explanation for every yes/no answer you provide.

If you phrase your responses in four parts

Situation (describe briefly)
    Objective (what you were trying to accomplish)
    Action (what you did to achieve the results you wanted)
    Results (how did it turn out?)

Take you time with the answers. Ssk for a mintue or two to think about and sketch out your answers if needed.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last week I took a Gallop phone interview for an internal move at large Fortune 500 Company. This was a position within our Department (different Group/Section) which I knew and could perorm well.
    I took the Gallop and Targeted Selection Panel Interview (with internal Mgmt) on the same day. The TS interview was with 3 Mgmt personel - 2 of which I had worked with in the past and had a good relationship with. I was all but given the Job as I exited the TS interview.
    4 days later I was told that I didn't get the job. The next week I had a hour long sitdown with HR to review my Gallop results - they were quite a surprise to me and I can see why I didn't get the job. Many of my profile results were jaw dropping in disbelief & I'm not sure where I went wrong. Several of the weaknesses that were identified in the profile I prided myself on as strengths in the past - and believe it or not, they contradicted 3 of my 5 theme strengths as identified by my StrengthFinders34 results from 5 years ago. When I mentioned this to the HR Rep, I could tell that she becoming upset as she went to great lengths to defend both StrengthsFinders34 and the Gallop process.
    I am definately not a slacker and have always received above average marks within the Company. I will be the first to admit that I was pretty stressed out during the Gallop Interview, but in my opinion, this outcome I question.
    I really wonder just how accurate the Gallop Interview process is and just how many qualified individuals are rejected by the process.
    I don't mean to freak anyone out, I just don't believe that the results that I received accurately represent my persona, ability, or predictability and my biggest concern is that this interview is now part of my permanent employment record...