Rep Trax

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by SteveR, Aug 29, 2008 at 7:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

*What a bunch of spoiled, and entitled idiots you are. Extortion? what a drama king/queen statement. Every medical practitioner working in the hospital has to take a drug test - idiot. I hope they ban the lot of you from hospitals. I'll start a petition myself b/c basically it is getting "rediculous" (ridiculous).* (see above post)

I posted the above paragraph b/c in medical device sales you probably make around $250,00 a year or more.

A pediatric neurosurgeon makes $150,000 a yr. Granted the one I know is young and just out of his training but see the point I'm trying to make. That MD went to school a total of 12 years and think about all the student loans, etc. Practitioners take on so many risks b/c we can get sued at any time. Our malpractice is sky high. Obama may even lead to more issues but at least our pay will be the same - LOL!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You miss the point and sound like someone who does not end up getting several emails a week with requirements that must be met to regain access or have been blocked or late to surgery because of these systems. Most of us do not need an extra 5 hours a week or have it to do the paperwork and reading. We should be reading clinicals during that time. If a rep blows their numbers, they are out of job and our jobs are pretty damn hard to find at this point. A practitioner can always find a good paying job. That is the point. There are too many credentialing servics. Yes, they are needed and few of us would say we do not need some type of policies to better control reps coming and going. Most surgeons make up around 400,000. No reps achieve that anymore. I am lucky to break 120,000 in the "new" climate of trimming the fat - meaning my bonus. Obama will probably lead to reps not even having jobs and, guess what? It will NOT benefit the practitioner because we really do know our stuff and provide valuable treatments, training and patient care information.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you serious? The Pharma/medical device/lab diagnostic companies caused all these problems. You stated . . . "we really do know our stuff and provide valuable treatments, training and patient care information". Thats news to me. Do you think that you are a doctor?

All I get is a study published in one journal that promotes the drug or device that your company wants to sell. It is biased and does not give a fair and balanced view. All pharma/etc. companies should have focused on R&D instead of lunches, pens and coffee cups. I laugh every time that I walk in my garage and see those worthless coffee cups. What a complete waste of money.

I'm soooo very sorry that you are only making $120,000 a year. How very sad.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, are you an ass. No, of course I am not a doctor nor think that I am, nor want their responsibility. But I have a responsibility to understand all of the products/drugs used in conjunction with mine and their FDA approved labeling, off-label uses and clinicals. I have many doctors that sit down with me over a meal or coffee for more than 20 minutes to "pick" my brain. My company does not "give" me the information. You have to spend some time every week to keep up with YOUR industry/disease state/competition. I am very fair balanced that is probably why they sit with me and ask me what I think. My product does not always come out ahead so to speak. I am sorry too that I do not make more money because I think I do a a good job in such a tightly regulated difficult selling environment. But I have a great boss, great company and not an ungodly amount of pressure, where numbers are popping up on my cell to show me what everyone bought that hour. What I have is very little free time to fillout needless paperwork or fight with some computer check-in that isn't working right or locks me out for no good reason. Now, I have to drive to the other side of town, out of territory, which will take about 3 hours total to get my first Hep. B vaccination. One of my accounts just declined my declination form. I will have to pay out of pocket for the shot and wait two months to get reimbursed - and do it three times over even though I do not come in contact with "sharps" or blood.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: dispute

I disputed two events and they removed them. I was honest with them and told them that I was new and simply forgot and asked them for a "get out of jail free" card. They took it off.

The other time I told them that I was called in to another facility for an emergency and simply forgot to go check out due to the issue and they removed it again. I think reptrax is dumb but they have never given me a hard time.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: RepTrax & vaccines

Does any one know if RepTrax or member hospitals are being "incentivized" in any way to require vaccines (e.g., annual flu vaccines) for Pharmaceutical Representatives? Any Representatives want to confess: do you call on Medical Directors or others within these vendor credentialing companies that influence protocol or suggested recommendations on this topic?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Reps, we are paying the price for some of us being complete idiots. I have seen reps that have been so unethical, completely misinformed about their own product, and annoying to doctors and material management staff that I wished I could have thrown them out. I can understand why some opportunist seized on the RepTrax idea. Do a job that no one else wants to do and you become rich. None of the material managers wanted to keep track of all of the reps credentials, so the RepTrax thing was inevitable. We probably all just wish we would have thought of it first. Unfortunately, I have now seen the side where hospitals are using this as a tool to keep companies out. Hospitals where third party puchasing agreements and inside misbehaving have led to RepTrax being a valuable tool to keep prying eyes and healthy competition away. It really makes me sad because I have also seen reps that were a credit to their company and profession leave, or be forced out due to the greedy and bureaucratic nature of "not for profit" (laughs) entities. The pendulum has swung so far the other way since 2005 when I started that I hope it eventually finds a center again because guess who is currently paying for all of this crap both in dollars and outcomes? The patients. Truly a sad state of affairs.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vendor Credentialing is such a JOKE! I work with a rep group covering 15 western states. Calls are: ER, ICU, OR, SPD, LDR, NICU and more. None of us are signed on with RepTrax or the other vendor credentialing companies and each hospital buys on a monthly basis. We just walk in like we own the place. If anyone asks where we are going, we just say "I'm here to take care of a problem!" If they ask what company we're with, we tell them. Then, they always ask "Are you a sales rep?" We just answer "No!" All of a sudden, they don't seem to care who we are and they let us go wherever we want to. After all, we're here to fix a problem. If the department manager asks why we don't have a badge, we tell them the company is currently working on it or we just joined and we're waiting for the final confirmation. Again, all of a sudden no one cares. On the follow-up visit, no one ever remembers we already had that discussion. What a JOKE!

9. Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle Active Member

So just lie, bluff, and act like an ass?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I actually support what this guy is doing. I am in device and the only people that survive in device, and really any type of business to business sales (pharma not included) is to be an alpha male, know what you goal is and get the result, so long as it doesn't break the law. You need to be an alpha male to survive in b2b sales.

So many of my competitors come from pharma and don't have the mentality guys like you responded to (or myself) have and I continue to run circles around them and enjoy doing it. Many of them came from pharma and I feel like a lion eating a gazelle for lunch.

Bottom line is this guy is right....I don't make eye contact, I make a break for the elevator, I make it look like I know where I am going, and I go. And there is a reason I make more than double what i did in pahrma in my best year and work 30 hours a week.

I get results.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bs. the people that survive in devide are kissing you know what too. don't act like you are superman or something.

peddle you bs to college kids.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You responded to me. Every sales job requires varying levels of ass kissing.

Now go get that signature....go on boy...go get it...good boy.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't work in pharma, dkhead.

Actually, you bought the bait.

Sales in not so much kissing rear, but building relationships by solving customer needs.

Your idea about alpha males is very silly, because there are many customers that don't like to be approached that way.

The smart salesperson makes adjustments to the customer needs and personality.

By saying only alpha males are good at it, is not correct. And it is certainly not the optimal way to manage a territory.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New guy here - Rep Trax questions

Hi everyone,

I'm starting a job next week in sales. My boss to be mentioned this RepTrax. What will they want from me, Tax info, a drug test? Don't know much about this industry.

Thanks,

Zach

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They wanted everything including school transcript verification. Don't know about medical tests, history, etc. it's a huge ripoff, all about $$$. Then after you submit you keep getting pestered about missing info. Hassle!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I need to sign up according to my new sales manager. I asked again. I'm not in any sterile areas like the OR, or even around drugs. I'm in orthotics so this seems riduculous to me, not to mention an ongoing pain from what I'm reading here. Oh well, as long as I'm not paying the cost. Thanks. Zachariah

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey if you want to get in to the OR or SPD, then just pay the $200 bucks a year like everyone else.

i have to foot the bill for a team of 60 people every year. Just tell your company to pay for the fee. If they say no, maybe you are working for the wrong company.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rep Trax is nothing. Just a matter of time before your company will know the exact minute you jump in your ride and go to your first call in the morning to the time you come home at night. No more short days. No more 10am sleep ins. Eventually each pharma company will have a GPS command center showing exactly where your car is located at any given minute. No more fibbing on your call reports. A full day's work from everybody. Arbeit Macht Frei. Welcome to the Brave New World! If you wanted a cush laid-back job where there's no accountability you should have gone to work for the government. :)

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great post...brilliant actually...This is coming for pharma for sure...it is the most notorious slackers job in corporate America today...they will know where you are at all times, even if there isn't any real work to do...just gives them another reason to churn and turn the reps..
    FU Pharma.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only a matter of a few short years before reps are tracked real time via GPS and/or cell phone technology. Pharma sales is notorious for being a fuck-off type work environment. Will be interesting to see the docs' reaction when actual visits by reps increase significantly because of tracking technology. Will also be interesting to check out the number of cars occupied by a single individual playing on a laptop in the docs' parking lots.