Zimmer's New Knee System...Persona

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9th Annual Report is available on their website: p166, also check out their prosthesis used lists.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 'brightest' surgeons have very little to do with design of this implant. What makes you think that any one surgeon devoted more hours to this implant than the senior engineer? Try 10hrs/day 5 days/week 50weeks/yr for 3-4 years vs the surgeon 2 hrs/day, 1 day every other month for 1 year. Who deserves the big royalty check?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The motivation of engineers across the industry is slipping now that these royalty deals are made public. Who's to say an engineer's ip isn't worth anything close to a surgeon's ip.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw the Persona instruments yesterday for the first time. They are awesome. However, still no literature available and no release date....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yea, they are almost as slick as DePuy's Attune knee instruments.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not so fast. The boys at DePuy seem to have the same philosophy. JBJS 11/7/2012. Mobile Bearing article. Oh and of course, lets not forget the Stryker recall on their MRI/CT blocks. Seems like a bunch of people living in glass houses here. Enjoy your battles folks. Zimmer may or may not have a game changer here. From the outside, I see a lot of companies going after design philosophy initiated by ZMH. Now is when you as a competitor to ZMH say, "but they market not design." To you I say, "30 Year Knee" or "Get Around Knee" or "Lifetime Knee Implant Replacement Warranty". Now, GO EXACTECH!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Update - all of you work for big corporations that could care less about you. Strange how you people have fallen in love with this knee or that knee but they are all just brand name pieces of metal and poly marketed by orthopedic implant manufacturers.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's one way of looking at it, but I think that's a pretty narrow viewpoint. There's a lot that goes into the design, manufacturing, sales, and service of an implant. Each company does it a different way. Those minor differences can mean a lot in the long run. That's something to consider if you're the one implanting or receiving an implant.

I don't know who you are or what you do but it doesn't sound like you have any business in orthopedics. Just sayin.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crap! I can't wait for the Persona so it can free up Nex Gen inst and implants for my territory. That is what nice when a fellow Zimmer rep switches companies because we have extra goodies to park at my hospitals.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Just sayin" is juvenile banter best left to those twelve years of age and under. Thanks for the obvious input as it relates to design, manufacturing, sales, service, etc. Go ahead and fall in love with whatever orthopedic product you like, the point is that it is just a corporate output. A relatively small group of so-called elite surgeons are paid handsomely to promote a brand and in doing so, they hope to convince the majority of ortho surgeons that it all makes perfect sense. Corporations care about profit a lot more than do about a sales rep in Idaho, a surgeon in Bangor and virtually nothing about the average patient waiting for one of their treasured implants.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't mean it as a personal attack. Your heart seems like its in the right place but your attitude is that of someone who has become totally disillusioned and cynical. That's not uncommon. That's reality slapping the youth out of you as you begin to see how the world really works. Still, you're a part of it whether you like it or not. Is there anything you'd like to contribute??

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is of no consequence if you actually meant it as a personal attack or not. Sorry to say but I am neither disillusioned nor cynical, I just happen to know that big corporations owe me (and you) absolutely nothing. In the next few years when bog ortho throws you out in order to shore up their already existing multi-million dollar profit margins, I wonder how much you will simply love their knees and hips? Go to work, do you job and go home.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a huge douche

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zimmer at it again - offering large volume financial- based "studies" to surgeons who have never implanted a Zimmer knee in their entire practice

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Persona available Jan 1. Total cementless option with TM on femur/tibia/patella middle of year.. That will be the game changer not having to wait on cement to dry.. TM still making waves..

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

URGENT MEDICAL DEVICE RECALL. Guess Jan 1 not happening. Perforate the tibial cortex much? Great start guys!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

give me ONE instance where a recall didn't happen during the the initial phase of an implant or system roll out? That's why it's done this way douche!!

It was the same sized tibia with the same surgeon in the reported cases and the issue has been fixed.......sorry.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SPIN SPIN SPIN You must be a Marketing Manager. This is a bad, bad start for a company that is in a freefall...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can confirm there are issues with this knee with the keel perforating the tibial cortex.

I have heard this is at an unacceptably high occurrence.

Early evaluators looking to change this implant already. Something to do with the fact that the tibias are asymmetric and fitting them properly places the poorly positioned keel in harm of damaging the tibial cortex.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OH NO!!! What if the Z reps have an anatomic 2-pegged TM tibia...