Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have any thoughts on Donna Zellers? Seemed nice when I met her but how is she to work for?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a niche market player HOWEVER, I would not want to get into this field. I have sold biologics and thankfully got out. Competition is fierce (Covidien, Ethicon, Bard, Synovis, LifeCell) and many hospitals are attempting to sole source to one of the companies mentioned above.

Surgeons will tell you they will try it, but good luck getting a case. It was challenging and I was in the OR all day everyday with other products as well.

Very high maintenance, you will be literally chasing cases all day every day. If you have other options, look at them hard. Trying to save you some headaches.

Just my .2 worth, take it or leave it.

Good luck

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the above poster, name one biologic that hasnt failed or turned to 'Mush'...there are so many variables, all information regarding biologic implants is pretty much anticdotal. Overall, I agree, not a good field to get into. Some surgeons are beginning to migrate back to synthetic meshes due to the inconsistincies of biologics.

What these companies need to do is develop a synthetic, monofilament absorbable mesh made from PDS or Maxon that will patch the patient until they can go in and fix defect with perm mesh. Plastic surgeons are starting to talk about synthetic absorbable meshes as well for breasts.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard of belladerm from MTF and how is it viewed

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to work for this company. They will let you go in a heartbeat if you have a few slow months. Watch your back!!!!!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true about that. The CEO is very tough to work for. He let a top person go as he didn't like what he said in a meeting.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This product is really just another dermis product. Three of my plastics clients are looking for new products.. they say this causes an inflammatory response, encapsulates and is expensive. Leave the unborn cows alone. I agree with the other poster. There has got to be a synthetic material that goes away after time, however has all of the growth factors and functional protiens/ collagen that the hottest biologics have. the problem is that most synthetics cause the worse freaking inflammation and are magnets for bacteria. The other issue is that most biologics are not completely natural. The process behind sterilizing and decellularizing this stuff destroys most of the bioactive components. I went in on a case with radiated scalp treated with surgimend. Totally failed and cost the hospital 75k. I watched the doc grinding dead necrotic bone off of this poor old man where surgimend failed. Stop overseslling this stuff. It is not as regenerative as they claim.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's all the same crap.... Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.... I've seen every product work and every product fail.... It's all about relationships and GPO's

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with CEO comment! Sounds like he is very reactive! Almost like a puppet to a not so smart HR recruiter! CEO does whatever the HR guy tells him to do! Without any thought or concern of the repercussions! They let a great manager go this week! Sad loss for that company! The company will never go any further than it has because they have let great people go because the HR guy was scared of loosing credibility with the CEO! Afraid that it will show that he really doesn't know what he is doing at all! Good products, poor leadership!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is horrible. The CEO does not know how to conduct business. They have unrealistic expectations and then will essentially cap commissions if you sell too much.

11. Frank Zych

Frank Zych Guest

Hi, My name if Frank Zych and I am the person referred to in several of these posts as "FZ", "the HR guy" and the "not so smart HR recruiter".

I read these posts with some amusement for the negative nonsense about the company posted here. Unfortunatly, all companies have some disgruntled former employees who thrive on sour grapes and long for revenge.

Unlike them, I do not have to hide behind "Annonymous" like those with no courage do.

We have a GREAT story to tell and I love communicating with anyone about it.

We have added over 80 outstanding new Sales Reps in the past 2.5 years and we are well on our way to creating an exceptional team of sales professionals.

We are always looking for smart and hard working sales reps, so please send me your resume if you are interested.

If you have any questions at all about anything at TEI and its products, feel free to reach out to me at any time.

You can email me at fzych@teibio.com, or use my personal email frankzych@yahoo.com or you can feel free to call me on my cell at 508.728.8641.

I would love the chance to tell you the real story about TEI.

Thanks,
    Frank

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very ballsy and good move Frank!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It must be a different TEI, this company has only been around since about 2000 and only selling the products themselves since 2004.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I'm starting to wonder if Cafe Pharma is just full of people lashing out at their ex-employer.

I've worked at TEI for over 10 years, so I'd like to address some of the falsities and nastiness in this thread. I won't pretend that TEI is perfect, but who is?

TEI was established in 1993, not 1930, in R&D. As a result of the R&D, our product was developed, and we began manufacturing and selling the product.

As time has told, the company was not developed for a buy-out.

The company does not fire reps for falling short for a "few months", unless there are other problems with performance. Likewise, a manager wouldn't simply be fired for "something he said in a meeting". There's always more to the story!

We do not have a history of inflammation or encapsulation, and our product pricing can only be considered expensive if compared to synthetics or other biologics that really don't compare compostition-wise.

We don't give cow abortions. The fetal skins are a by-product of the slaughterhouse industry. The pharmaceutical industry has been collecting fetal bovine serum in this manner for years. We step in after that process and then use what would be waste (or maybe dog food or pink slime?) and turn it into a product that has helped a lot of people!

Our processing and sterilization processes do NOT denature the collagen.

We don't pretend SurgiMend will work in every case. We do have success stories with post-Moh's patients, however.

The CEO does trust the HR guy, but to say he is the puppet only shows that the poster doesn't know the CEO at all. I have yet to see a termination that wasn't a long time coming or due to egregious insubordination.

Any other questions?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

new round of comp plan changes happening.... 2 in one year....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the better or worse?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Comp plans cut mid-year never benefit the reps

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes Frank, way to handle the balls

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it possible for a revival under the new leadership?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the new leadership/structure? I see a new website has been developed.