Dynasplint, Dynasplint, Dynasplint

Discussion in 'Dynasplint' started by Concerned Citizen, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do a google search....Law360, New York (August 17, 2012, 6:36 PM ET) -- A federal judge on Thursday unsealed a whistleblower suit filed by a former Dynasplint Systems Inc. sales executive accusing the manufacturer of effectively providing free orthotics to skilled nursing facilities by fraudulently billing Medicare for the devices, after the U.S. government decided to intervene in the suit.

Meredith Deane originally filed the qui tam suit in Lousiana federal court in May 2010, claiming that Dynasplint is directly billing Medicare Part B — which covers medical devices — for orthotics sold to patients in skilled nursing facilities,...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wondering how you found the court case information? Dynaplint continues to fit patient in nursing homes and bill Medicare.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Although Dynasplint may be keeping it quiet, anyone can do a web search and find the information.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone who isn't happy at Dynasplint should find a new job and stop speculating about matters that they do not have all the details of..George Hepburn is an honest man and treats his employees fairly..As for Meredith Dean if she felt the need to provide fraudulent information to the corporate office that sounds like a her issue not Mr Hepburn...He employs sales consultants across the United States and has to trust and have faith that they are going to be honest and do what is in the best interest of the patients we service and abide by all Federal policies and Corporate polices....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok corporate it's too late now to defend yourself and try to cover things up...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you guys meating your modifier quota on top of your splint quota to get bonus?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dynasplint now cant afford to even pay the bonuses out on time now. The place is going under fast.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jump while you still can!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it is quite upsetting to say the least when you work very hard to obtain a bonus and have plans to use forit something special for your family and the company tells you at the last minute you wont be getting it all. Its embarassing to work for a company like that.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it is, I got out of that company and I will not put a blemish like Dynasplint on my resume. I would much rather tell a future employer that I had a child, was off of work, or even served time before I tell anyone that my labor and my education is worth that cheap- now y'all don't even get your bonus on top of dealing with all that mess. I am blown away. I am truly sorry that you are where you are. What a horrible position to be in, and I remember how hard that I had to work to find a new job as I was trapped because I had no money and slowly going into debt. I am truly sorry, I honestly hope things get better for you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this for real? That's awful. It seems likely that a bunch of money is going to lawyers to defend the lawsuit that has been filed. Dynasplint has drawn the attention of Medicare for claims that should not have been paid, so they are taking back A LOT of money that has been paid, and denying claims for nursing home patients. This huge impact on cash will be felt at all levels - they are letting more people go and denying bonuses.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In regards to Medicare, if you mess with the bull, you will get the horns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNl42BClcP4

Once CMS or the OIG has an entity in their sights, they will will not be happy until CMS has been repaid in full. Don't be surprised if CMS applies all future payments due Dynasplint to recoup the alleged over-payments made in the past.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree except for one part...He actually is the bad guy. Read up on the lawsuit and you will see how he himself is to blame. I used to respect him even though I felt he put the company in bad hands. After actually reading the details of the lawsuit and after he has lied numerous times directly to employees since then, I have lost that respect.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Somehow I believe you without further investigation. I just thought that he was not a good business man as I saw that he sponsored a parade, like in the small town in which the company is headquartered. I couldn't believe it. I mean , what kind of moron would sponsor a parade recently all while getting sued. And this guy doesn't have money to pay his employees! How tragic! How did this guy stay in business? He never heard of working capital or cash flow?

How do you save face to your friends/family when you have a reputation for undercutting your employees. And then not have the money that you are contractually responsible to give them? (And he made that contract! And if that contract was handed off to you, like my manager did mine, demanding it back by the end of the day with no time to seek legal counseling, and because you are exciting about your new job, you sign it and send it back so your initial experience with your new manager isn't spoiled).

I cringe to think that a single working mother got on board with Dynasplint because she needed money. And bought her kids Christmas gifts that she now has no money to pay for. What a complete tragedy.

Dynasplint's balance sheet must be even more fucked up than management. (Sorry for the curse word as I can't find another word that comes close to it) Cause I'm saying- That's extremely fucked up.

I highly suggest that if a Dynasplint employee is reading this and urge them to seek legal advice. Not that you probably can afford it. Maybe the same team that helped Dean and help you somehow.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The details of the lawsuit are actually worse than employees were led to believe. You can google and read it online. What I would like to know is if Dynasplint isnt in the wrong and didnt fraudulently bill Medicare, why were rewards given to facilities. There is no need to bribe anyone for business if the equipment speaks for itself and there is nothing fraudulent happening. Thats JMO.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gee where are our paychecks today?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes woke up to see no paycheck in my bank account. Owner telling everyone money is coming but some people not until Wednesday of next week.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in shock. I have bills to pay. I need my paycheck.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sinking ship...