Valeant acquiring Bausch-Lomb

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, May 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am current B&L employee and obviously worried about this deal. I have a serious question. How are the benefits? Medical, retirement, vacation? We have it good right now but I am really worried. Thanks for any honest and objective feedback.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not worry, as long as you gain employment someplace else real soon, you will do just fine.
    If you plan to stay with Valeant, they WILL FUCK YOU OVER BIG TIME.
    This is honest and straight forward feedback to you.
    Best of luck, and please take my come ts dead seriously.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for a quick and honest reply. Any specifics as to why you feel this way? Again genuine question. Hard for me to change jobs as I have only been here under a year.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are welcome, and again, I urge you to take heed...
    Get out of there NOW, rather than later.
    I speak from my own experience.
    As well as many others I have worked with after Valeant took over Biovail.

If you have been at Baush-Lomb for less than a year, even better! Cut your losses NOW and get out.

Again, I have nothing to gain from telling you this, just trying to give some honest advice to spare you the misery....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since you've been through this before - how much time passes before it starts sucking it up after acquisition? Curious how much time I got. Thanks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs will start immediately after takeover. Mostly in B&L, but also in Valeant. Those scumbags have no loyalty towards anyone.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

true...it happened with Dermik and Medicis after acquisition

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I literally was let go after the Medicis acquisition and I only worked for Valeant for 2 months. Listen to the others. Valeant doesn't care for you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously?

Dude you are out. You should be asking about severance, not benefits. How naive.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would stick it out and do the best job you can. I am sure it will work out for you if you just sit tight, pray, and don't make waves. That didn't work for 300+ Medicis employees, but that was different, unlike you.
    Good luck!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The lucky people who are left are expected to do the work of 5 people.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The outcome will be worse than you can imagine! The CEO Mike Pearson is a "big fat" liar told Medicis employees, "there will be more of you here this time next year than in New Jersey". Medicis building is almost empty! They are cruel and lack any compassion for human beings. Pearson called the Medicis employees "spoiled". The worst is come start looking now!! Valeant prides themselves on treating employees bad. Read all the post everyone is TRUE.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I won't get any severance. I have been here less than a year.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suggest you start looking for another job and have something lined up for when Valeant does lay off. At least 70% of Medicis was given 3 days notice day of close - no matter how good they were. A lot more people have been let go or left on their own since then. Some departments were totally obliterated. You never know you may be one of the few that stay but expect everything to be different. Find out if you will be getting a severance it is sometimes required by law if there is a mass layoff. Either that or 60 days notice but they may just pay out instead of giving notice. Lesson - don't put all of your eggs in one basket. It will not hurt to start looking now.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, then you have nothing to lose. Except for the 5 jobs Valeant will demand you do for the pay of 1, should you be unlucky enough to be one of the few that they decide to keep around.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time is up. They are already sharpening the knives as I type this.
    Hack & slash is what Valeant does.....it is ALL they know how to do.
    If I were you I would just stop going in to work. Unless you want your soul sucked out of your body by Valeant Corporation, which is really just a legal business entity designed for the sole purpose of creating a cash flow for Lucifer/Satan and his business enterprise called Hell.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What kind of severance did they give Medicis employees? As in, if Valeant follows the same formula with B+L, what should we expect for severance?
    Also, why would they NOT keep Vision Care contact lens/solution reps? Too much for a pharma rep to add on contacts and viceversa... ?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen up B&L Employees. RUN as fast as you can. Valeant HR goons under Stolz will be prepositioned in parking lot hours before close. One minute after close they will walk in and ask to you to line up and one by one in an open room hand out black folders telling you you are trash and severed w 60 days pay BUT get out within three days to most. You will have your badges and PC sign on deactivated and reprogramming will begin. Your company gym will be closed, the cleaning staff will be cut to one person, the restrooms locked and reduced to one for a huge building. The food will be downgraded to prison fare bologna and the equipment in lunchroom (coke machine) will break and not be repaired.

Those 5 percent not cashiered w black folders will then be demoted and salaries cut as you are told to do the work of four fired co-workers since you should be glad to have a job. This same pattern has happened 26 times and most recently at Medicis and Obagi. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!