WTF are you guys doing???

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Mar 8, 2012 at 2:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am calling bullshit on almost EVERYTHING you just said. I have the script break downs nationwide and it does not reflect that. In select areas its killing, but in 75% it is barely beating or getting creamed. Not the rags to riches story you are pulling. Also the stock is up because the pharma side is about to be offloaded. get a clue

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have worked for many pharma companies in my career and been at the top and bottom. I can tell you from an honest perspective that presidents club and shitty reps alike read this board. To be honest ive noticed that the performers read it more because they are more obsessed with anything and everything to do with their main focus in life.. their job. not knocking it just pointing out that your ignorance has no leg to stand on. go with peace to do some fact checking lol.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster #17 here. (A few things addressed from the posts above)

My territory might be above average. No exaggerations were made on it's success or the bonus payouts. What would I gain from 'bragging' on an nameless post? nothing

There is no reason for me to lie or for that matter, return here.

I do not see nation competitive numbers and could be off on our market share or our RX increase vs others. Cannot say for sure. If you have the NATIONAL numbers, post them.

A few of us of us are beating OpanaER.

Most of us in the last two months at least, have gained a lot of ground against VGel. We have not caught VGel but to be fair, don't forget it it had a 3-4 year head start and 2 or 3 times as many reps working it.

Per turnover...it is our fault. As any company might do, made some poor hires initially. That is our mistake. Sometimes, folks just belong in another industry or in another company.

Per the poor hires, what would YOU do with reps who have been around since launch, that as a manger you have gotten to know, and they still sell in less than say 10-15 scripts per week from in their lead product? How long do you wait? How long before you or the rep makes the decision that it just isn't working? As you can see, it is not easy to terminate anyone.

Be patient, keep your own house in order and try to help each other out. That, and refraining from throwing grenades at each other, is about all we can do.

We have work to do as a company but every company does. What chat board anywhere has any positive posts? On these boards, the whiners whine and the winners win because that is what they choose to do.

The company, who is US, is not blind to our faults and want to make things better. Please choose to lead, follow, or get out of the way. We are back to making choices. Go ahead, blast away if it makes you happy.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just totally avoided that well thought out response to your post putting the responsibility on the individual and taking it 100% away from the company. You folded like a lawn chair my friend. Typical covidien corporate climber mentality. /fail

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for reinforcing the previous point that the company is poorly run. However, I do not agree that it is all poor hires or that certain people should be in other industries. I have seen fantastic reps chased out of this company or placed in horrible territories with no managed car or viable targets to meet any sort of goals.

Also about the poor hires. During the expansion we were all fed the now apparent BS lines that 100s of people interviewed for the position you won. If there were that many people, and a lot veteran pharma reps with proven back grounds than how did management and corporate make soooooooo many poor choices to justify the way above average high turnover rate?? The only 2 answers I can think of is this. Horrible "me too" products that cost more and aren't as effective as the competition and overall lack of any viable support from the corporate/manager structure. I do agree just like with any job/company there are certain people that should not be there, but not on this scale.

Overall this company is just like all other companies, but shittier. Every company feeds you the "we are a family" "think about the greater good" "we are in this together" mantra up until they find out they can toss you out. They ask you to sacrifice for the company, but the company never returns the favor. NEVER. Overall shitty company.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reason that I left is that the goals were RIDICULOUS. How does someone compete with a territory that has to do nothing? But these low volume territories are the company "performers". Terrible and poorly run company. I am in a much better place now. Do not give up. There are better places and I am proof of that.