cmf ol1000

Discussion in 'DJ Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Mar 13, 2012 at 6:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agreed - and i am a patient laughing at the posts on here
    I have read all the literature and the Exogen product has VERY limited and totally conflicting data - plus i have to use that damn messy gel and ruin my cast to use it?
    Give me a break! [pun intended]

I prefer 30 minute once daily treatments -- with the same heal rates
    with NO cutting of my cast -- and NO messy gels!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry you are wasting your healthcare dollars with the DJ ortho stimulator. You have about a 60% chance of it healing your non-union verses an 86% chance with Exogen.
    Have never heard a casted patient complain about using a dab of conductive gel with Exogen, only competitors complain from the companies who sell old, electric stimulators.

Good luck when your battery runs out before your fx heals!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi all u brainiacs on CF!

VERY busy Ortho/ Neuro/ CV Surgeon

YES - I have a triple degree

And this website is my GO TO site for info

It poooooops up every time in the FIRST line when I search anything medikal on gaalge

So it MUST be the BEST source of info on this here inter-net (THANKS AL GORE!)

I want to see all the head to head data on these here boner growth stimulators

If you do not have head to head date then shut the hell up

All the hot Pfizer and GSK and Abbott reps have head to head data - and sexy short skirts too! wooohooo!

Now I have patients to go see..............

We here in cali have managed care contracts that pay us almost nothin

My reimbursement is being cut BIG TIME

Might have to go back for another degree - can you say JD!

Thankz agin CAFE PHARMA for biein the #1 sorce of grate medikal infer-mation on this here internet thing!!

BTW EXOGEN SUCKS!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

agreed - and i am a patient
    laughing at the posts on here

I have read all the literature and the Exogen product has VERY limited and totally conflicting data - plus i have to use that damn messy gel and ruin my cast to use it?

EXOGEN SUCKS!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously you are a DJO rep. It's so fun to sell against you. All I ever have to say to a doctor is have you ever seen any studies on DJO and everyone of them says no. Because the DJO won't even give out their lousy 1 study that was discarded by JBJS. Must suck for you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what a bunch of idiots
    im in pharma and we have studies COMPARING active therapies
    you guys have NO comparative studies

My uncle had one of the exogen devices
    it was CRAP to use and didnt heal anything
    JUNK

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EXOGEN SUCKS!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHA THIS GUY IS FUNNY
    AND HE IS RIGHT!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give me a break!

EXOGEN TOTALLY SUCKS!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You cmf 1000 reps must be selling against off label:

Very rarely does a patient with a non-union fracture, wear a cast. Casts are used as conservative treatment for acute fractures or post operatively with fusions (acute osteotomy).

You only have a non-union indication. So something is a little off here.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patient here again
    boy you reps are pretty dumb:

"Under the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FDAC) at U.S.C. 21 §§301-97, manufacturers are prohibited from directly marketing for a use other than the FDA approved indication. The Food and Drug Administration Modernization Act of 1997 created an exception to the prohibition of off-label marketing. Manufacturers are now able to provide medical practitioners with off-label information in response to an unsolicited request."

"The FDA does not have the legal authority to regulate the practice of medicine, and the physician may prescribe off label. Contrary to popular notion, it is legal in the United States and in many other countries to prescribe off label"

My physician prescribed my device because he said it was the best to heal my non union
    and he was right!!
    and I had a cast on my foot
    dumbass

EXOGEN SUCKS!!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VERY busy Doc here [super busy actually]

yes this patient is right on
    and althogh 99.9% of my cases heal well
    when they do not I chose the best device for my patient

and it is NOT exogen

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, you seriously need to go take your meds. Your Koolaide must have been drugged. If I were a patient or a physician, I'd totally call the Exogen rep because you are a total Whack Job.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patient here again
    boy you reps are pretty dumb:

"Under the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FDAC) at U.S.C. 21 §§301-97, manufacturers are prohibited from directly marketing for a use other than the FDA approved indication. The Food and Drug Administration Modernization Act of 1997 created an exception to the prohibition of off-label marketing. Manufacturers are now able to provide medical practitioners with off-label information in response to an unsolicited request."

"The FDA does not have the legal authority to regulate the practice of medicine, and the physician may prescribe off label. Contrary to popular notion, it is legal in the United States and in many other countries to prescribe off label"

My physician prescribed my device because he said it was the best to heal my non union
    and he was right!!
    and I had a cast on my foot
    dumbass

EXOGEN SUCKS!!!!

VERY busy Doc here [super busy actually]

yes this patient is right on
    and althogh 99.9% of my cases heal well
    when they do not I chose the best device for my patient

and it is NOT exogen

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow 1st time ever
    BOTH these posters are correct
    finally!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ortho here -----
    the above is correct
    the poster is smart
    smarter than the reps on here I see

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd say the rep is very stupid and wonder how he is getting all of those "off lable" orders approved by the insurance companies. His product is only covered by Medicare and the majority of Private Insurance, if a patient has a non-healing fracture greater than 90 days.

I smell a Rat Rep and if I were you, I wouldn't do business with him or a product that only has 60 percent efficacy when others have close to 90%. If he has sold you a buy and bill scheme, you may want to have your finance people run the numbers. Your jaws will drop when you see the loss.

Good luck!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

++++++++++++ wow cant you guys at S&N read? +++++++++++++++++

THE FACTS:

Two studies, both by Emami et al., were cited: one was published in the Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma and one, in Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research.

The first states that Exogen Inc. provided the ultrasound devices used in this study. The authors have received nothing else of value. The second article provides no information about financial support of the study.

Both studies by Emami et al. were prospective, randomized, blinded, and placebo-controlled.

Both showed NO difference in healing between the patients who were treated with ultrasound and those who were not.

reread that again ok..........

Both showed NO difference in healing between the patients who were treated with ultrasound and those who were not.

EXOGEN = PLACEBO

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah I had an exogen bone stim and it was a piece of junk
    I wish I knew about those studies because I'd sue the damn company that makes it
    What a piece of junk that exogen thing was
    In fact I'm going back to the doc that gave it to me and ask WHY
    It didn't work
    sounds like he was PAID to give it to me

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow you people are imbeciles.

Please tell us: is there any clinical study that shows that the DJ Bone stim has any benefit whatsoever on fracture healing and non-unions, and is not a complete waste of health care dollars?

hint: your one, single company-funded and written paper doesn't count
    second hint for the more challenged reps: the answer is not "yes"