SUBOXONE FILM PATENT EXPIRES AUGUST 2013

Discussion in 'Reckitt Benckiser' started by Anonymous, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suboxone Film patent expires August 2013 and there is NOTHING in the pipeline. We are all out of a job if RB doesn't buy another pharma company. Rumor has it that they may get rid of the pharma division. Nobody in management is saying anything!!! Better start looking now because the job market is horrible.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good news. Patent extension is in the works.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If that's true why has no one ever told us? Just like no one ever told us that the patent expires Aug 2013.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

patent states expiration in 2023.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post #1 is right. I asked my manager because I was concerned about the pipeline and was told 2013.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suboxone Film is not a new drug. It is the same drug with a new delivery system so the FDA would not give a patent life of 2023. New products get 17 yrs patent life.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was under the impression that the Monosil "film" technology was what was patent protected until 2020 or beyond. That is what gives the Film exclusive status...not the bupe/nalox combination.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it 2013 or 2023?? I am freaking out !!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suboxone Film's Exclusivity expires August 30, 2013. It's on the FDA website.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO IT DOES NOT. Provide me the link to your "information" pal...You think RB would have sunk millions of $$$ into developing the Film for a 3 YEAR RUN??? Really? With a launch that took a year to get to 50% market share? And with a product that's making considerably less profit than the tablet? All this for only 3 YEARS? Ummmm......no

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Exclusivity is exclusive marketing rights granted by the FDA upon approval of a drug and can run concurrently with a patent or not. Exclusivity is a statutory provision and is granted to an NDA applicant if statutory requirements are met."

It says EXCLUSIVITY ends in 2013, the patent in 2023...reading the above statement from the FDA's website, I think RB can lobby the FDA for more time, provided they want to...

b/c as we all know, from this board....

We're all losing our jobs! (2006-07)
    The generic is coming!! (Sept 2009, every month since then)
    RB Pharma is being sold!!! (2011)

And those predictions all have come true (well people that sucked lost their jobs)

Generic? It's been nearly 3 years now! The company keeps saying "it's coming"....They have been saying that since late 2009. Personally I don't think so. I think its a sick way of keeping us motivated. With the bad press the tablet gets (diversion, kids dying, etc) the FDA would be nuts to approve a generic.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It looks like competition may be coming in the form of a FILM.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The NDA# is 022410 in the Orange Book. The patent expires Sep 10, 2023 and exclusivity expires August 30, 2013. Exclusivity is exclusive marketing rights granted by the FDA upon approval of a drug and can run concurrently with a patent or not. Exclusivity is a statutory provision and is granted to an NDA applicant if statutory requirements are met. Exclusivity was designed to promote a balance between new drug innovation and generic drug competition.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the implant?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ttian PHarma?? They would make sense for RB given it would not cost them much at all and we have the connections and expertise to nail that promotion. Not to mention we would pretty much corner the market at that point.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? OK competitor troll, I for one am not biting the hook. RB is one of the most successful coporations in the world and I'm not shakin in my shoes over anything said here. The people who are freakin, are those who feel insecure with their position already.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+1