Well, how much do you have in your 401K and how old are you?

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2009 at 5:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

35 y/o
    just under 500K in retirement accts
    55K in college accts
    70K in emergency savings
    Still owe just under 200K on house. No other debts.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

40 y/o
    - No retirement savings (I couldn't afford to put money away because I lost my pharma job)
    - $18K/year income from my car wash job (including tips)
    - $20 in my pocket for gambling/lottery tickets
    - Van worth $2K
    - Doublewide worth $6K (this is what I call my "investment property" because I plan to rent it out and live in my van)
    - Wish I had my pharma job back

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

53 years old
    close to 1 million in assets
    owe over 300K on mortgage
    no other debts

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you can retire today. anything is feasible if you live within your means

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

32 and didn't start 401k till 27 when i was slinging copiers.

48k and just now maxing out every year. goal is home and vacation home paid for with zero debt and 1.5 million between wife and I, (she has nearly 80k) my guess is i'll be 50 before goal is reached.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

110,000 views, and its not like I am speaking gibberish, like PHARMABOY.

Stick with the topic. I do. What do you have to offer this forum, other than a silly observations about nothing?

As for stocks, you are a fool not to buy as much AAPL and IBM as possible.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree. This thread is about how much you have in your 401k and how old you are. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yet we have two or three idiots making stuff up about how great life is in/out of pharma. We get stupid "investment" tips, B.S. about how 401k's are rip offs and fantasies about former pharma people living in trailer parks while working at the car wash or burger joint. Totally unrealistic, totally off-topic.

The sad thing is neither of you two (or three or four) have any clue how stupid you look with your fantasy "arguments" trying to sway the other fool's point of view. Wise up and you'll realize you should take a hike from here. My money is on none of you losers realizing this and we're going to get nothing but more garbage out of you.

The least you idiots could do is start another thread so everyone with more than half a brain can ignore you all. I may start one for you so you can chase shiny objects together, away from the grown-ups. The best you could do is to eat feces and expire, if you know what I mean.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

90% of the 110,000 views are likely you couple of monkeys looking at your own posts over and over again. Stop it already and buzz the fu** off

Again, this is a 401k and age thread. Nobody cares about your bogus investment advice.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the stock market at an all time high, SELLING is a no brain move.

Real estate is the buying opportunity right now.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, on behalf of everyone-go start another thread elsewhere. Nobody is interested in taking any of your advice

Thank you

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

100,00 in my just mu husband's, e 25,0000mine

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the third or fourth time....please go away. I know it will hurt your feelings but people are only glancing at your posts up to this point to see what the dim witted fool will say next. No one will make any wholesale changes to their investment strategy based on your stupid observations-sorry

So please.....................take a hike

Thanks so much

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What should I do with my current 772k in the fixed income market? Worried about my bond funds given the QE tapering comments from BB last Weds which apparently spooked the bond market. What is the short and long direction of TNX? Would appreciate more sage advice from the experts here on this forum

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

me 33 yo med device sales
    wife 34 pharmacist

Assets
    300k in cash/stock
    400k in Retirement
    500k house
    40k other assets (jewlery cars)

Liabilities
    350k mortgage
    95k owed to private loan

795k Networth

Live in NY and I feel POOR. No Joke. Also I bought my house at the height of the housing bubble and ail not recoup my renovation costs. But I am NOT underwater on my mortgage.

I feel like I did everything right and I am still behind... I realizer it is a matter of perspective and its all relative.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A few things. You guys have done a good job saving and have good jobs/income. Couple thoughts: Rate/term/purpose on 95K private loan? I'd really consider dipping into the cash and pay that off. Rate on mortgage? If 5% of higher (hope not), I'd also consider putting 100K towards the mortgage and refi to either lower rate, shorten the term to say 15 or 20 year, or since you feel poor and you're in device where job security is tough to find, keep it on a 30 year but reduce your payments by a solid $600 month with that 100K. That would leave you $100K in cash, and cut the private loan out, and get the mortgage down to 250K saving $600 month. I think that would make you feel much better. Puts you into a very strong situation, in my opinion.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

mortgage rate is 3.875 refi'd two years ago (previously was 5.5%)

private loan is 0% eight years left to payoff

thanks for the input, i have toyed with the idea of paying down my mortgage but have had a better return in the stock market thus far (who knows what can happen tomorrow)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

57 years old 961k in 401k had a nice pop a couple of years ago in company stock

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have seen better videos from 10 year olds.

If you are not smart enough to manage your 401k and stock investments, then don't do it. Leave it to us adults and you kiddies can go put your money in your passbook savings account earning .00001% in interest.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

post it then.
    you need to renew your mind.
    Blanch is a youtube legend, traded on Wall St., taught finance at the top undergrad school in the country for business.

just sayin...