ASR

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Oct 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

International reports today suggest that healthcare giant Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) recalled its Adept hip replacement system, another in its line of troubled metal-on-metal hip implants.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This gets more sad by the hour for DePuy. Do these execs who testified survive this or will they be let go?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

None of this should come as a surprise to anyone who worked for DePuy during this time.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's about time these career mongrels are getting their day in court!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What value are they now? Who will ever trust them again in the industry? The intuitive people never did. J&J's reputation has been forever tainted by this and it sounds like most of it is because people in positions of authority chose not to listen to the warnings. And it sounds like there was a barrage of warnings! Why would they keep them around? Their leadership skills?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who else is going to take the fall?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like the part where Rhee asks Berman why "he's getting in his sh*t". In email! Then Berman validates it with a response. A true Good Old Boys Club. How can JNJ allow dipshits like this to stick around? And Kilburn didn't know, he was never in the office.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

" I suppose it is somewhat like Brittany Spears…nobody really respects her, but there is a lot of morbid curiosity"

I guess now they have something in common with sweet little Brit.

My morbid curiosity is in over drive at the moment. My old grand mother use to say "the bigger they are, the harder they fall". ...... Timmmmmmmmbbbbeeerrrrrrr!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's say these execs are gone soon. What does DePuy do next with their hip division? What kind of leadership does the company need?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It would seem that they would have to go. Like the other poster said they've lost credibility. J&J needs to clean up the image. How can that happen with the current leadership in place? It can't. New blood is what is needed in Warsaw. Get rid of those guys and bring in leaders with fresh ideas. Integrity. True leadership skills. People who can see through all the ass kissers and who know how to hire talent. Not just in hips but knees too. Leaders who can turn this mess around. The world is reading it all over the news. How can anything but a house cleaning fix the image?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem is Warsaw. How do you get real talent in there? It's in the middle of nowhere and the city slogan is "Turn Back: Chicago-120 miles". Floyd, Kilburn, and all the leaders, they're all inbred. They'd all get overrun in anyplace else, so they stay there, dig in and bounce anybody who threatens their kingdom. This was bound to happen. There has to be a shakeup. They tried to get Haddad to go to another OpCo but had to ship back to the Middle East. Who's going to lead us out? The Edgar's? Polly? Puhleease.

The Tower is watching this and seeing the debacle and the cover-up. Plans are being made for a shakeup. It won't be pinned to this, but Floyd, and Kilburn and Rhee and these folks will never be heard from again, and there will be a significant housecleaning.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What comes through crystal clear when I read the news is that there's a vey loud tone of evasiveness in the testimonies. To many that's perceived as lying. When you don't come straight out with a direct reply to a question it's obvious why. It's like watching a train wreck. I can't stand these people because of what has happened to people's lives. But I can't stop watching and reading about them because more than anything I want to see them get what they deserve. Not just for the ASR disaster but the people's lives inside DePuy they've screwed with. How many people could have been spared the pain and suffering if the "leaders" would have done the right thing? If J&J keeps them not only does that show the world their standards but all of the employees who are watching. A MUCH needed change has to happen. Isn't all of this proof of that?

I don't think it's just a Warsaw thing because other companies in town have some great leaders. I believe it's a J&J thing. They have turned a blind eye to DePuy and let these guys continue to get more and more power hungry. Well look what it got them.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What? Not following company rules by reporting the complaints being reported on ASR? ASS U MING someone else was going to? Didn't we learn that in high school to never assume anything? I think the famous PIP is in order here! Time to drive those babies out of town J&J style!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody in particular or from a specific company you would like to see new leadership from? A skill that stands out is someone who is extremely strong relationally to calm the waters in the sales force and with surgeons, hospitals, nurses, etc. And trustworthy. It is obvious from these posts, the people outside of DePuy do not trust the marketing dept.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hell, at this point the Depuy name has to go with anyone attached to ASR before any trust can be gained back.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually let's look at it from a different perspective, it was DePuy that had a stellar reputation before J&J came to town. Both internal and external. The leaders of the company at that time would have handled ASR way they handled everything. Ethically and with concern for the patients. The management and their posse wouldn't stand a chance in the old DePuy. Would have never been hired in the first place. A few of these men and women are still at DePuy. They've been shoved in a dark corner keeping their mouths shut. Like we've all been taught to do. So maybe the J&J name is what needs to dissapear. It needs to truly become Revra's place.

It's no doubt that the management that owns the perception/reality around ASR have to go in order to prove to patients, surgeons, employees and the community that a new day has come.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there is truth to this post.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! Kinda like the way they handled Hylamer? Keep convincing surgeons it's a good thing, when they know there are problems. Sounds like a broken record

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least they handled it... LOL!

Seriously? You're going to compare THAT to ASR? What a joke. You must be in the circle... Which will be broken by the way.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares what Depuy was, we ARE JnJ now. We are now as corrupt as they come. Won't be long before synthes is run into the ground also. Amazing how fast the JnJ disease spreads.