Dentsply- Good company to start out with???

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Dec 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am considering applying to Dentsply and I was wondering if they are a good company to start with coming from pharmaceutical sales or just three years sales experience in general??

For a first job in the medical supply/ dental supply arena - Is it a good option??

They said you would make about 30 a year in bonus with a decent salary.

Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, sure Dentsply is a great company to work for. If you like micromanagement, sales goals that are constantly changing but never quite in reach, new products that take forever and then fail when they hit the market, HR that spends more time putting employees on "plans" than developing you. The only people who make bonus and a decent salary are the boys in the home office. Yeah great company. Do a search on this board and then settle down for a long night's worth of perusing. Talk to your dentist.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dentsply is a great company. Period. Anyone who says different is full of it. You have to work hard not to be successful at Dentsply. If you are half decent...you can get promoted through the ranks and experience a career path that many are not as fortunate to have at other companies. Again it is a great company...not perfect...but great. Most of the posters on this board are below the norm performers. If you want advice talk to winners. And Dentsply is a great choice.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All you have to do is look at the dozens and dozens of people who have left the company, either voluntarily or not, from all ranks (field sales, inside, senior management, etc) in all divisions and you can see in an instant the company does not value it's employees. It's an insult to label them "below the norm performers." The poster is correct, if you are half-decent you get promoted. If you are engaged, competent, intelligent, committed.....you're not wanted and they'll find a way to weed you out.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only if you ccan get a positon on a Somolia pirate ship

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sniff...sniff. "dozens and dozens who left the company"...LOL.

How about the thousands that are still proud to work there. How about the thousands that had outstanding careers are now retired or somewhere else. How about the thousands of shareholders who have made tons of money from Dentsply. How about the thousands of dentists who use its products. How about the millions of patients who's lives are improved because of its products.

Get real! Sorry you had a bad experience...but maybe...just maybe you should look in the mirror and not point fingers at the company the housed and fed you. Dentsply is its employees. We are proud...we are strong!

Great company to start a career at!!! Not the only one...but one of the best in Dental. Anyone he says differently does not know what they are talking about and/or is very angry.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BWHAHAHAHAHAH...boo hoo and your pity party too, loser.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dentsply is a good company to start out with. It is not a company where you can make a long term sales career. But if you are looking to break into Medical sales, Dentsply is a good place to start. Be prepared to deal with unreasonable quotas, micromanagement, and a terrible amount of paperwork. However, if you can perform under these conditions, you should set yourself up for a much better position with a better company.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously posted by someone in the HR dept who doesn't have a clue what happens outside of their office. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid until it's your turn. It's arrogance and ignorance such as yours that makes Dentsply's treatment of its employees so unbelievable. Just remember that every terminated employee is a seed throughout the industry. Distributers, competitors, and yes,even the dental professionals know about "the evil empire."

Dentsply didn't "house or feed" me although it felt as though I spent 24/7 "on the job." I know of no other major company, in or outside of the industry, that generates the high turnover rates that Dentsply experiences year after year after year. So either those folks in HR can't hire the right people or something is terribly wrong.

But keep drinking the Kool-Aid. If that's what helps you sleep at night.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Look in the mirror" hey what a great idea. You know what I saw? Someone who couldn't stand to see associates berated in public by managers, someone who was unwilling to "fudge the numbers" so that Sales Mgmt looked good, someone who had trouble rearranging their personal schedule to acommodate a manager who started meetings at 5pm or expected me to come in on Saturday, someone who had a hard time lieing to customers about the questionable quality of the latest new product that was way behind schedule. Am I a loser? You betcha. I lost my soul working for Dentsply.

And you're right, the shareholders have made tons of money. Bret, Chris....and the rest of the boys on Philadelphia Street who accept millions in compensation while terminated sales reps are pursued with non-competes and others are denied unemployment compensation.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So when were you fired?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You think that that only way someone would be "stupid" enough to leave Dentsply is if they're fired? Hah! Wake up and smell the coffee. Dentsply is a revolving door. The lucky ones are those of us who know this is no way to spend a life and get out. Ask around bud. Virtually everyone in the industry knows someone who used to work at Dentsply. Operative words: used to.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, I don't think everyone leaves only when fired. But, when were you fired?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG! What total bullshit!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, hey. Looks like Dentsply is hiring the next batch of clueless 'winners." Must mean they've cleaned house.........again!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like Sue from HR checked in to try and slow the bleeding. I particularly like the statement "housed and fed." Um, were the employess doing anything to earn their pay or was it just given to them? If DENTSPLY is it's employees, then DENTSPLY is in a lot of trouble because is miserable.

I would love an explanation to the 2010 growth expectation of 5.5%. On what planet does management think this is attainable for anyone with a quota higher than $500K? Last year the dental market grew at 1%. DNA grew at .6% compliments of the Cavitron 1+1. I guess you guys are pissed that less than 10% of the sales force hit quota in '09, so you're turning up the dial to make sure it doesn't happen in '10. We'll all enjoy working for our base salaries this year while executing played out sales programs, It Takes Two initiatives with retail reps who could give a crap, and satisfying our daily Siebel click requirement. The goods news is we will all look forward to the growth number being lowered in June/July to 4.5% because management understands (air quotes) how hard the sales force has it and wants us to know they are looking out for us.

By the way, I would love an explanation as to why Sales is paid on retail dollars and management is paid on wholesale? Why are we in the truest sense punished by our retail partners (air quotes again) with all their price discounting? Start paying the managment on retail dollars only or Sales on wholesale dollars only and let's see how this changes the approach to territory management.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said.

Management is paid on Wholesale because they have a better chance of forcing out inventory to the dealers each quarter. Once the dealers are loaded to the hilt, it's up to the field sales reps to pull it through. That's always been the challenge. Easy to pay the dealers to warehouse the inventory. Harder to get the dentists to buy it.

Good luck. June/July is a long way off.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys are screwed when I left product managers and merchandisers were also paid on wholesale. Nobody cares about retail. Raise th eprice sell less units but market share looks good

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is ATC ever going to work?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it will work your relationships and commisions into the ground