URL pharma

Discussion in 'Takeda' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2012 at 7:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Global? Colcrys is only protected in US. There is Turkish, Indian, Greek and our favorite Canadian colchicine and many others available outside the US that URL does not make. Why do you say October? I was under the impression June would be the last month for URL. It is all cloak and dagger at URL and nobody is saying sh!t. So throwing out that October time frame seams out of left field.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exclusivity which is July has no barring on the contract right now. August seems like final month due to the sixty days during buyout.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of inaccauracies here.

Colcrys is in the US only. Go to your canadian pharmacies and you will see colchicine available. Good news is the coverage for Colcrys is tier 2 in most areas so patients dont save much $$ going north of the border.

The exclusivity of Colcrys does run out at the end of July. However, the patents in place on the drug will make it very hard for someone to bring another colchicine to market. Most of those patents are good until 2028. Because colchicine was never approved, URL started from scratch and pretty much patented everything in the PI including dosing, DDI, safety etc.

There have been patent challenges already, one was defeated last June. Last month Par Pharmaceuticals filed an application to make colchicine and is now being sued by url

Keep in mind when someone files a drug application it takes roughly 2-3 years before that product hit the shelves.

This is all stuff you can look up by doing a google search.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

non-contracted reps will be able to interview for open positions, however expect to move if you wish to stay. contracted reps will be let go.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are no URL emolyee reps. All reps are on a 3 year contract.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so when will this dog replace the other dogs in our bag? not much else left!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

June. Forthcoming news

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI: how much does 30 pills of 50mg indomethacin cost? It's not a $4 generic! Target charges $12 to 19 which makes it over .41 cents a pill. What does Colcrys cost? $15 for any commerical insured patient--prescribe 60 pills, it's .25 cents a pill. How the hell is that expensive? After I tell the cost difference to the doctors, they look like deer caught in the headlights! They all thought indo was cheap. Plus, the American Society of Clinical Rheums backed up what we said about how to prescribe it for 6 to 12 months. Hope this helps clarify that Colcrys is cheap, effective, and safe. Oh yeah, we removed two impurities, NDNF and lumicolchicine that were most likely responsible for fatalities--so the product has been made safer too.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wednesday Conference Call

Can anyone let us URL reps know the content of your conference call on Weds? Some are hearing that they discussed Colcrys training in May/June. I guess I am trying to figure out how many weeks/days/minutes I have left on this dead contract.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do your homework. Colchicine was never a generic nor was it ever an approved drug. That would be why the FDA stopped the manufacturing of it along with 300 other drugs that were proven to be unsafe. URL actually brought it back to the FDA with new RAW materials, not the old Cholchicine. Research before you comment.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok... While I agree the drugs were technically unsafe. It WAS at a generic level and insurance companies considered it Generic. There was no bringing back. It wouldn't have left the market unless someone created the brand. FDA only removed it because URL met the requirements to create a brand and exclusivity. And im not a takeda rep. This isn't reply saying URL was wrong because they were smart and did the right thing my FDA standards. But FDA would have left unapproved on market until a brand eventually came. If you don't believe me go check to see how many of those drugs off that list that are medically necessary have been removed without a FDA approved one.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All generics at the very least have a PI. Did the unapproved Colchicine have one ?? Only branded medications eventually become generics and not the other way around. Research my friend.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think you understand. We all get why this happened but that doesn't erase the years of experience and how physicians and insurance companies labeled this.... Might I add with no issues what so ever.

You reps really are morons that believe whatever is in front of you at a poa.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would LOVE to be able to replace a few of my Uloric reps with URL reps!! I hope they give us as managers the choice!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats the thing it was being used incorrectly for all these years. It's not a given that a patient will die. It's a given that there will be deaths. I've heard that by many docs before I got into the whole story but by the time I was finished the doc agreed that it needed to be studied. The debate is it worth $5 a pill. When I explained what patients actually paid or didn't have to pay all was good. No matter what you will have your docs that won't listen to you but most that will you can sell them. URL was the bad guy for awhile but we managed through it. Most agreed three years at a branded price in trade for the safety and consistency that will be forever. You being Takeda is going to be the bad guy out of greed because you will have brought nothing to the table but a lawyer. Takeda will be sueing every generic manufacturer that challenges the patents long after FDA exclusivity is over. You are gonna catch some heat for that and I hope will have a good answer!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once again you are proving to be the typical uninformed Takeda rep. If you had an ounce of intelligence you would have by now piggy backed on Colcrys and made a day of the Uloric Mkt Share. I could go on and on but your peanut brain may not be able to comprehend CYP3A4/PGP inhibitors etc so I'll end it here. So get off your High Donkey. Just for your comprehension it's a variation of High Horse. Other readers have gotten the joke.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

do we really have to be out of the field to learn this shit drug?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This "shit drug" is about to become our biggest revenue generator in about 2.5 months. You might want to get on board.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Huh? I thought our shit drug was Amitiza?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you for real? Try selling in the Diabetes market...you will be eaten alive! Then your CYP3A4/PGP "BS" will sound like a bunch of letters to you- which is EXACTLY how you sound in your comment.