Adiana

Discussion in 'Conceptus' started by Anonymous, Feb 23, 2007 at 4:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Increase in Sales Force?

Heard the same thing in the Northeast as well. They expect approval and will hire a promotional/office force to back-up the OR reps covering Novasure. Also heard price will be about $1600, so that helps.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like it is true! Below is a current job posting from Medreps.com:

Job Description, Qualifications, Territory
    Description: A Leading Medical Device Company has an immediate need for Sales Representatives to support the product launch of a cutting edge permanent contraceptive device. Role Responsible for the promotion and sales of New permanent contraception product to physicians, OB/GYNs and hospitals in assigned geographic territory.

I don't know of another company launching a cutting edge permanent contraceptive device. Do you?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hologic was posting for jobs in April and now it's June without a word from FDA yet. Anybody know what's going on with the Adiana approval?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any update?

5. sciman

sciman Guest

do you even follow FDA? HOLX got approveable letter several months ago (FDA accidently posted it and did not take it down, HOLX never mentioned it??) Anyway its now approved (few weeks ago) so have fun everyone in the street fight!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any updates on Essure vs. Adiana?
    Is the company culture at Essure any better these days? Has it imporved. I saw an ad for Essure not too long ago but then I heard the company wasnt doing well.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Disappointed in Adiana.......as a patient.
    Had HSG done 4 months after insertion of Adiana.
    One tube occluded, the other, NOT.

Annoying to go through the discomfort of having the inserts placed, more discomfort for the follow up HSG.....for nothing. I get to start all over now and find a plan B instead of moving on to an ablation procedure in the next month.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yah right. I'm sure there are alot of patients out here commenting on Adiana. Better to have a patent tube than to have an Essure coil ripped through your fallopian tube only to later embed in your liver.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL I still like the Falope applicator, and the filshie clip. Better yet just use the old reliable gyrus though an off set scope.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RUN and RUN fast. This company has one product and it is going down fast

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree! just run! Heard that the perforation rates and even preg (although various internal folks do a good job covering up the true numbers) are going up and up. Always blame the doctors or the patients for a product that fails a lot!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My wife had the Adiana procedure after our 5th child was born 6 month ago. Our doctors sold this idea to us letting us know that if she was not a candidate (not all women are) they would pass on letting us move forward. It seems that they felt it was Ok to move forward with the procedure and it was done. When my wife went back to get her tubes blown to test and see if it worked they found that one of the tubes were still wide open. The doctors made us wait 3 months saying that most likely she needed more time for scar tissue to form. We waited and went back today and got the dreaded news that she is still wide open and ready for my sperm in one of her tubes.
    I can tell you this, it is not worth going through all of this if you are not going to get a 100% gaurantee that it will work. It is not fair that we were told if she was a candidate it was a slam dunk. I guess the biggest problem with this procedure is do they really know if your a candidate?
    My advise to anyone thinking about this, find a better way.... I now have to get a vasectomy!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unless your wife gets a hysterectomy, there is no foolproof form of permanent birth control. There are post tubal ligation babies, post vasectomy babies, birth control pill babies etc. I'm truly sorry that it hasn't worked out so far for you and your wife, but that is just the nature of medicine.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard the FDA was looking into pulling Adiana off the market because of the high failure rates. I can tell you that I would literally choke my ObGyn if he/she gave me a tubal and I ended up pregnant. I am sorry to hear that. I would have asked him/her, WHY Adiana?! He/she most likely gets paid for using it. It is unfortunate.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Game over

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Adiana got pulled from the market. They said they pulled it for financial reasons but the truth is, it was a steaming pile of dog shit. They were working on a 2nd generation but knew the FDA would never approve so they pulled the plug.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My insurance doesn't pay for contraceptive drugs or procedures, so my OB/GYN referred me to an Adiana trial in Wichita, Kansas. I've had my Adiana implants for 7 or 8 years now with absolutely NO problems. Really disappointed that the plug was pulled, because it's been a great form of birth control for me.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Company being positioned to sell.
    Hologic most likely acquirer.
    Busy at JPM next week!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You smoking? What facts do you have the CPTS will be sold to Hologic. Wow, I want to smoke what you got, bring it on!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got pregnant off this procedure not even a full year after getting confirmed.