Quest IT Outsourcing

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, May 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just announced ove 150 IT employees to lose their jobs.

Maybe Quest should help the American economy and not outsource jobs to India.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical quest, go sell IT services with no one to support it

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello. My name is Peggy, how may I help you ....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean your name is Ramesh Patel.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that they are outsourcing to TCS and shuttiing down most IT functions TIme frame 17 weeks from now. I think they are positioning the company for sale, maybe to Humana maybe KP. The new "logistics platform" they announced in their quarterly report is smoke and mirrors, but they are going ahead to keep up their street cred. Sigh. Where is Ken when we need him

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was this announced somewhere or just overheard this was going to occur in about 17 weeks?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did this occur?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Care360 support being outsourced to India?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Care360 is not in the first round, however, eventually all of IT will be outsourced.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has this happened? How many so far have been cut and where?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT geeks in Mumbai are much cheaper. They speak 2 languages. And they tend not to be lazy. Do the math.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any updates?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are talking about Care 360 that Quest stole from Care Evolve???

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If english is one of the 2 languages you are talking about they are very very hard to understand.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't send jobs to Mumbai... just Bangalore, Chennai and Delhi.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do yourself a favor and do a little research on IT jobs in Mumbai. To say that Mumbai wont have a place in Quest IT outsourcing is laughable. Go. Now. Research.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, the announcement was made on May 1 that a contract has been signed with TCS to replace 150 American IT employees with overseas employees, in India. The axe hasn't fallen yet - the names of the 150 people being cut have yet to be announced. Presumably the transition of these 150 jobs to India will be completed by early October. The types of IT jobs going overseas are "non-core" functions like HR systems and web development. They haven't announced plans to outsource any "core" functions like healthcare-related software (so Care360 is unaffected, at least in this wave).

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Indeed, where is Ken Freedman when we need him? I miss Ken.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think it will stop with non-core jobs you are crazy. It is just a matter of time. The fact that they are also outsourcing Billing IT should tell you that all applications will be outsourced. Certain business functions are moving also. Customer Service is moving to Tampa and Kansas City. Next will be functions such as dispatch in Logistics and Billing will be outsourced too.