Trifexis

Discussion in 'Novartis Animal Health' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2011 at 9:25 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same problem I had. I think they are running out of money. Their human side is about to go broke, so it must be trickling down.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the post. Hopefully my check is on the way, too.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your response. You are probably right.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to read about your pet. I read your post and checked my FDA label in my package of Trifexis. To avoid looking like a complete moron, you must not make such loud claims without first checking your facts. The label states that the manufacturer gave 17X dose over ten days and did not see any health risks with liver, kidneys, heart, brain, CNS, or anything else you care to make up. Again, sorry about your pet, but its not likely that a flea medication caused it.

5. Sara

Sara Guest

We had a horrible experience and found MANY other dog owners reporting the same terrible reaction to this medication. We gave our 11 month blue tick coonhound a Trifexis tablet this Monday night. About 5 hours later, he was displaying the same symptoms that several of you mentioned. His eyes were rolling back into his head and he couldn’t focus on anything, he would look up at ceiling and open his mouth, try to sleep standing up and acted like a zombie! He couldn’t settle or sleep for awhile and was cold to the touch. He was shivering and when we flashed a bright flashlight he didn’t even flinch. We will NEVER give it to him again. It took 18 hours before he started acting normal again. Something needs to be done about that drug. We felt horrible for giving it to him. I have to wonder if it was poisoning him or affecting his brain the way it may do to the parasites it’s intended to treat. Here is the website we found similar experiences and we just added ours since it sure was a help at 3 a.m. when a vet wasn’t available by phone.
    http://www.toypoodlerescue.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=223:trifexis-side-effects&catid=3:blog&Itemid=14

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has come to my attention that Vetsource has just signed a deal to provide the pharmacy filling for WagRx/Amazon.com

How do I get manufacturer contracts to buy direct and 10-20% under vet list costs and then turn around to sell to Amazon.com and it's owned entities?

Good job Novartis for that lucritive contract

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I gave my dog trifexis and he sprouted wings and flew away! Do I when the creative writing contest?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People, if your pet has a problem or reaction to any product, report it to that manufacturer. Not cafepharma. This site is for whiners, sucky sales reps and a few unfortunate souls that stumble on to it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This person deserves a medal.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My dog had an extremely bad reaction too. 2 hours after taking the drug she acted like she had drank a case of beer. She was breathing really hard and could barely stand up. She walked like she was really drunk. I called my Vet and they said it sounded like an allergic reaction and to give her Benedryl. After taking the large dosage of Benedryl she was still really agitated and it took 4 hours for her to go to sleep. They called the company and the Vet there confirmed that it was an adverse reaction to the drug.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was it Miller Lite, Coors or Bud?
    And how much did you drink?
    lol

12. Jimmy Doors

Jimmy Doors Guest

Our two older goldens have been using Trifexis (tm) at the behest of our great vet, for five months. One gulps it down, the other needs to be coaxed, but also accepts it. We have observed no problems with either dog -- no seizures, no unusual hurling of food, no problems with annual blood sample. My wife and I are not pharma reps, primarily because we are not 23-year-old swimsuit models, but also because we have scruples (based on what we read here). Hope other readers have the same luck as we did. Oh, and we were Frontline Plus users for years, until both dogs developed a flea problem. Comfortis knocked it 100 percent out in less than four hours -- most of the fleas were dead in thirty minutes !

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! We to read the detail piece! Or did you do a flea count at 4 hours? Nice post Elanco rep!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a consumer looking for information on a product and honest reviews. This place is 3 pages of grown children arguing about who's product is better. Jesus help all of you, life's gonna be tough!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trifexis almost killed my 11 year old Daschund . After giving her the 6th dose she was acting strange.Starting with; looking very scared, shaking, very sensitive to the touch, not wanting to move, not eating or drinking. She could not walk on the 10th day. This drug should be recalled. I took her to the vet. And they did xrays which came out perfect. Blood work that showed liver problems. The vet perscribed denosyl to help with her liver, but the Trifexis is in her blood stream for 30 days . Nothing else I can do. (only hope she lives )

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This attempt at a smear campaign against Trifexis is really sad! If you have questions about this or any product, talk to a vet please. God forbid you take the advice of this site.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not a smear campaign against Trifexis. Only a warning to save a dogs life. It was approved by the FDA Jan. 2011. Drug reactions unfortunately happen after they are approved. I am sure you have heard of drug recalls.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it is!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Simply put it, TRIFEXIS is POISON !

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest