Success after P&G, Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Procter & Gamble' started by Anonymous, Aug 3, 2010 at 7:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Life is good now. Found a great company with the opportunity to make more than at P&G. Great Salary and opportunity for bonus. Healthcare but not pharma. Sometimes the boards are so negative. Maybe this will help someone who is struggling to keep your chin up. P&G was a good training ground and there are companies that value the experience. Keep looking, don't give up and remember no one is better than you.

Add your success story.

I still feel a loss over all this and would like to be able to turn the clock back, but a new company, new culture and opportunities will eventually help me feel at home.

Best to all of you,

Former kool-aid drinker.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another cool-aid drinker here – no one drank it like I did. I miss some of the people but would I go back? Don’t think so. Really don’t. I started a company and doing very well, even in these times. I like the control I have now and the decisions are mine to make. I know that management played a lot of games with things like goals, promotions and Pacesetters. They handpicked the winners in many cases for a variety of reasons. I still resent them for that. But, I could never have imagined how my life would change after I left. It is so much bigger now and I can see how my company has totally transformed me. I wish all the best.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I greet people at dinner meetings and pour wine for doctors.
    Tom Lengle

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. I give up.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

same here. I may never be happy again

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hang in there. We're all in the same situation. It is tough but things will pick up and we have skills that will transfer. We're all bitter on some level. The rep picks were pretty random. The DM's and Mgrs were based on ratings and potential.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, we have skills that will transfer such as delivering samples so we could work for the post office, UPS or FedEx. Also providing lunches so I guess we could go into the catering or restaurant business. We do know how to drive around in a car so that might equate to a being a terrific taxi driver. Yep, we were well trained!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am trying to dig myself out of this emotional hell I am in, but it is not working. And my age is against me. Funny how narrow the age is that companies are looking for. On one hand we are told by the government that we will have to work longer than our parents did, and on the other hand, we are told that if you are over 40 and maybe over 35, you will only get the job leftovers at a fraction of what you made before. So then what are we looking at for the rest of our work lives? A series of jobs that are way beneight our capabilities? That is not a life.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am wounded for life, and will never be able to get past this.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being left behind is no gift. It WAS great, back in the day, it isn't anymore. Underpaid and overworked, with no direction other than do as you are told. It is no longer your business. And your personal time is no longer your own. No real sense of achievement or satisfaction. You are all better off.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your response. I guess things aren’t good for very many people. Very sorry to hear that things have changed for the worse for you as well.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have never been so happy and so well rewarded. Frankly, I am numb with how quickly I was able to exceed my income at P&G -- and those levels above me. Of course, I left before the acquisition. Not hard to figure out what was going to happen.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop crying and go start your own business. Geez.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I'm in the final round of being recruited as an Assistant Brand Manager. Of course, everything I've seen about the company has been wonderful, but they could be controlling what I'm exposed to, haha. It was always my dream to work for P&G, but it's sounding more and more like this might be a bad career move, especially since I will need to relocate.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are too stupid to be an ABM at Procter if you are trolling the pharmaceutical Cafepharma website after the business has been sold. You are not being recruited. What are you thinking you poser? How did you do on the test? Do tell us more...oh you can't dumb a**!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I'm not being recruited, why was I contacted and invited to apply? I took the success drivers exam and the reasoning test with all the shapes. Clearly I'm not a poser. I can't believe hostility on this board. Why do we all hate each other?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems I am too young to retire, the government keeps changing the rules on us and I am too old to get another job.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At what age would you say it is nearly impossible to get another good job? 40? 45?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone else think life could get so bad so fast?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a new day. In the past, people tolerated jobs that were demeaning and degrading, knowing that after 30 years they would be free of it all. The money was all that mattered. Not so now. We all know now that we will work until we die and that means that the work we do MUST add value to our life, not just money. The work must feed our soul and not just our stomach.