RS Medical

Discussion in 'RS Medical' started by Anonymous, Aug 20, 2008 at 3:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're kidding right? Take a look at Konsin's track record. At Smith & Nephew stated his *goal* was to turn over 1/3 of marketing every year. Pretty much runs out any good marketing talent they have. Ends up getting canned by S&N

Gets hired by an ex-S&N buddy at Covidien. Convinces Covidient to buy a start up for $30M+ and then presides over its demise. Ends up getting canned. Rumor has it Covidiens trying to dump the company for penny's on the dollar.

How guys like this keep getting job is beyond me....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

News of new layoffs corporate wide, anyone know how extensive? I tried my contacts with no response so far....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cash posting, reimbursement, sales operations, accounts recievables, benefit verification. ALL outsourced. Final days will be staggered beginning 4/27/12. Home office started getting their 60 day notices TODAY. Severance? For 10+ years of service, here's fifty dollars, don't spend it all in one place!

There's rumors that there might be some extra RSMedical tshirts or coasters thrown into the severance package.. But that's just speculation.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Rs Medical,
    3 weeks severance for 8.5 years of service is not the standard, look it up. Cheap bastards!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We can use the logo shirts to keep us warm in the soup line and the coasters to patch our shoes. Wonder if the shirts were made in India, we can get our outsourcing replacements to sew them up if they wear out.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This place is headed towards the dumps.... the writing is on the wall. Run.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drink the KoolAid little children. There now, take a deep breath, all is well. You will all be in JK heaven very soon.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah this place is already in the dumps!!!!! People are just in denial that this outsourcing is not going to place their jobs in peril!!!! When all is said and down all that will be left is the sales team and admin!!!! Get real people, you are losing your jobs!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Severence? Got laid off at the begining of January, no severence. Said there would be an inventory bonus if everything was returned but haven't seen it yet.

10. I just got a raise and my current package with RS Medical is 108k. I have an excellent benefit package and decent car allowance. I work hard but the company has always stood behind me in my 7 years with the company. We have recently gone through a major transformation and there have been many changes that allot of people are unhappy with. This is sales people, if you don’t produce you’re out the door, that’s nothing new! I’m sorry to see so many negative comments on this site. I can’t say anything bad, I’ve always been treated fairly. Last year was a hard year but most of the changes are behind us now. I have had hard times but RS Medical has always supported me as well as John Konsin.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So the hundreds and hundreds of people that were laid off over the past several rounds of downsizing were all bad at their jobs? How dare you? You are lucky either in location or department need. That's all. When they sell the company or you and I get laid off, we will see if you are still brainwashed. I am sure you can sleep just fine at night while our unemployed coworkers are losing their healthcare, homes and sense of security. Don't blame it on poor performance for most of them. Blame it on the economy, outsourcing decisions or poor management but get off of your EGO Pedestal. Seriously! You and I could be out the door at the drop of a hat. It is sad and regrettable. Management here is killing the company. You are clearly part of management. Okay, lunch is over. Back to work in your little, sunny, egotistical bubble.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of Billing, Order Entry, Sales Operations and Customer service are losing there jobs to a Overseas Outsourcing Company, not because they didn't do a good job but because of poor management choices. Who is your SO? why don't you call her up and tell her what you just wrote? She will be trying to find a new job come July and she doesn't make 108K and hasn't had a raise in over two years, but still comes to work everyday with a smile on her face to process your orders. You are obviously out of touch with what is really going on.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing like a sales person, most of whom can't do their jobs properly, telling us who have busted our asses and still do; telling us we are terrible at out jobs and oh by the way, I make 3 to 4 times more than most corporate employes that will lose their jobs. Here is a tip sales asshole, make sure you learn and do your job very well cause you won't have sales
    Ops and billing to clean up your mess and lie for your ass anymore. That's right , the job gets done everyday thanks to corporate sacrificing their morals and ethics. Good luck doucheface, may starvation be with you soon!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow...What an endorsement.... People who live in glass houses usually get cut along the way. Wonder what your going to do when your offices get tired dealing with a foreigner and you can't understand them either? Because be sure they don't know you or your business; their name is not Jenny, its Balahaecwila and best of all she doesn't get your jokes, nor does she care.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So here we are, 3 months after the 1st Acct Manager layoff and 5 months from the layoff prior to that. Here are the facts. Of ALL the accounts that used to generate about 35K in ETC...( so really, about 50K in actual cash...RS always used some fuzzy math to develop the numbers we got paid on ) guess what..not a SINGLE ACCT was ever contacted by the remaining AM's..not one! So much for skimming the cream.

Fixed that little Medicare problem yet? Still unable to bill Medicare Secondary insurances? How much does that debacle cost the co?

Add any new products that you can actually BILL for? You are SO missing the boat on some good paying coded products. Oh yeah....there's only a few people left who even know the DME biz... All the rest now are gone and are picking at your bones.

Here's some news..some of your top performers are sniffing around...looking for better opportunities and options for processing their business. Wanna know why? Here's what a few figured out.

A lumbar brace (old news....better ones are readily available now) L0631 has an average 2012 Medicare payment of: $928. An RS AM ahead of plan makes 20%. So, you'd think he'd clear about $181. Nope, he gets about $125. How? Because you only bill Medicare..so you only collect $740 and walk away fromt he secondary. Then you deduct the cost of the brace, about $100, leaving about $640, and the AM gets 20% from the bottom line. As an independent, that AM can buy a better brace for $80. Place it, and pay a 3rd party biller. That same brace now pays about $642 after costs.....so that same rep can make $125 -ish, or he can make $642....which sounds better? Where does the difference ( $520 ) go? Wasted $185 'cause you can't bill secondary insurers. The rest goes to exec salaries and a little to the hungry masses who do the actual work. A smart independent with decent coverages can make more money working part time!

How 'bout that TENS-Garment situation. Here's the RS rule...gotta wait 30+ days to place a garment. Only at RS medical. The rest of the DME world doesn't have to...place and bill in 1 stop. Renew in 30 days and be done with it. RS=added workload.

How come RS doesn't pay over-ride on pads? If an AM has 100 TENS units generating 8 pads a month...that's at least 5K a month in HIGH profit product ( a pad costs less than a half a buck and bills at up to $6 ea, w/$4 being about average) that the AM sees no $ for. Hell, I'll GIVE the TENS away just for the pad refill biz!

Many thanks for years of service and friendship to the many people about to be thrown over the rail by outsourcing. It isn't fair that YOU pay the price for poor management who made poor choices.

16. FUJK

FUJK Guest

So the office of unemployment agrees with RsMedicals employees; it is outsourcing!
    Shame on you RS for trying to claim otherwise, whos stupid now?!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

www.columbian.com

Here find all of the local articles for RS Medical, including today's. Go to the business section.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Department of Labor was contacted and they did an investigation! It was found the RS Medical was in fact outsourcing to a foreign company! Can we say they got caught trying to be underhanded!!!!????

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you really don't get that they aren't trying to hide anything. the department of labor didn't do an investigation. they just responded to someone at the state who said there was a layoff happening and it was due to outsourcing. but if it makes you feel better to complain and dis a company that didn't think you had the skills they wanted anyway, keep up your snotty blogs. how sad you are. good luck finding a company who does want you.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you seen those with "the skills" they wanted?
    Hahahahahahahah!
    You must be one of that downtrodden lot, again, hahahahahahah!