Amedisys

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is also a HHA company located in about 36 different states, any feedback?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company used to be a great company to work for - now they are so big all they care about is the all mighty stockholders. Forget about the patients that they are supposed to care for. This company has grown so fast that they have put anyone and everyone into positions that they have no business being in and they don't train them so in a nut shell...RUN!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed with this company and what a mess!! Very unprofessional, from the recruiter (in house) to the management.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amazing. You saw what a mess it was just from an interview. You should try to work for them. Worst place I have ever seen!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Feedback?? What can you say about a company that has grown so much and looks so glamourous to work for??? I believe the way they treat patients and employees will be their downfall. They just don't care. It is MONEY MONEY and oh yeah more MONEY. Physicians should stop sending referrals and patients should asked to be discharged and find another home health agency that cares about them. If I had stock I would sell fast. The Wal-Mart of home health companies is sinking fast.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crazy managers, micro management hell! If you want to be tracked and possibly even followed, this is your company. This co has so many unexp. managers that they listen to every drop of company gossip and has even terminated people because of eager beavers that kiss ass and have thier eye on the top seat of the corp ladder. I would not let my worst enemy work here...well maybe I would let my worst enemy but def. not my friends.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7/7 What division and state are you in? I have seen the same thing happen in my region!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i live in baton rouge and i will say that home office is out of touch of what is going on in the field.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The man who started this company is a wonderful (very RICH) man. He has incredible passion for caring for the elderly but that is where it stops. His vision is not carried out throughout the organization. I have had companies that work with this home health co ask me what is going on. The corporate office does not have a clue what is going on out in the field. Communication does not exist. They have great ideas but it never gets past management. It is really sad. This was a top notch, best job ever. Now...just waiting on verification on another opportunity then I am gone. Thank God!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company SUCKS! Anyone interviewing or working for this company should run the other way! It is so bad that even the public is seeing it but, oh, don't let the all mighty stockholders hear about it. The left hand doesn't have a clue what the right hand is doing and they have promoted people into management positions that have no right to be in those positions. They want to micro manage the hell out of you now. Report this, document this and now they even have cell phones with GPS that will track where you are, how long you stay etc. It's bullshit!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe how micor managed it seems. What are the hours they expect you to be in the field?
    What is the base? total compensation?
    Do you have a large expense account?
    How big are the territories?
    Thank you in advance for serious replies.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interested in answers to the above post also

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. Depending on what division, and the territory you work.....you can forget about office days, planning days, report days....FORGET ABOUT IT. They want you in the field ever waking hour. I truly understand that your job is to be in front of referral sources, but you also should be prepared, organized, etc. and with the reports and meetings in the office there seems to be no wiggle room.

2. 50k-65k base is typical. The bonus just changed but I think an additional 20k is possible.

3. You can typically spend $400 annually per doctor.

4. I consider the territories fairly small, like a 50 mile radius of your base office.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am looking into switching to Home Health sales, if this company is so bad why do you stay? I wonder if it is worth it to continue to interview here? If you were with another Home Health place, how would you sell over Amedisys services? Any advice?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviews are taking place in my area....how many calls per day are required; do you get a car allowance; cell allowance; laptop; mileage reimbursement; how are benefits -- vacation, holidays (number of), health benefits, 401 K plan, training - how long and where, etc. Why would physicians use Amedisys over any other company?? Thanks for response.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree - you can't prepare enough when you spend no time in the office. My car looks like a damn paper factory where I run reports then sit in a doctor's office reviewing them. Base around my area is not $50, more like $45 and you can only spend $300 per physician in a physical yr according to medicare guidelines. They track that too - you have to put each dr.s UPIN # in on your expense report so unless you take the time to write them down you look everyone of them up as you go.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hours 8 - 5. No doctor wants to see you at 8 as they are starting thier day and they hate reps that come in at 4:30pm. Oh, and how do you fill the gaps on Mon & Fri when they refuse to see reps.

You pay for everything and get reimb. by completing an expense report. Only supposed to spend $150 a month!

Not huge, usually 30 - 50 mile radius and they pay mileage... think its 37 cents per mile, computer calculates.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RUN! My best advice! You are required to make 12 calls per day, no car allowance just mileage 37/per mile, provide you with a blackberry with GPS for tracking your every move - yes they watch it...benefits are good, 2 weeks of PTO.

Look, if you know nothing about this business, let me just tell you that most physicians could care less what home health thier patient uses. The relationships you form with the nurses make or break you. If you have a hospital in your area that has thier own home health, you are screwed because case managers are told to feed thier own. Amedisys has good programs and pretty marketing material but if your local office can't service the patients nothing else matters! Patient care should ALWAYS come first!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks for responding....but........do you get a laptop, how are benefits, vacation, personal and holidays - how many; car allowance, cell phone allowance, is there any incentive plans ie bonus...what are the starting salaries, etc. thanks

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just gave my notice! I am free, I am free! It's not worth interviewing. You will see first hand how unorganized they are if you do. Amedisys is just a name. Patient care is how to sell home health - (I am currently in the top 5% of the company so I know how to sell) Physicans have told me, "tell my nurse, what ever she decides is fine with me!" Make the nurses jobs easier and feed thier tummies and you will do fine with almost any home health co. Do your research, call case managers at the hospitals and tell them you are interested in the home health co in your area...see what they say. Talk to your own physician. Like I said, Amedisys is just a name and I would be willing to bet that you can find plenty of patients that will tell you they would never use Amedisys again.