Pfizer Retiree Medical

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 5 point thing is only if you are Pfizer legacy. HRSource tells me I get an enhancement they just don't know what it is. Odd letter referred to above that all companies were harmonized 12-30-2009. Call HRSource and they don't know what that means.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The three pension plans were "merged" on December 31st, 2008. They were not "harmonized" though. You still go by the terms of the legacy plan you came in with.

I am not sure what the "merged" part means, except they are all probably handled by the same management team. This was covered by a letter we got last week.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been working on this issue since 2/09. Beware - PFE HR, E & Y, Fidelity, don't know dick. Next question.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Although I haven't spent the time to read through all the posts, I will state this, HRSOURCE is bullshit. The rep assigned to me knew nothing and every revision I demanded was sent with the wrong information time and time again. They kept getting my medical benefit options wrong. In addition, the failed to recognize my domestic partner (different sex) as covered. You can forget about getting a booklet on the actual coverage and therefor will have a hard time deciding which plan to take.

I finally had to demand a supervisor and have my case escalated to the resolution board. Whatever you do, make sure you write the name, date and time of the person you spoke to. Otherwise it will come back and bit you in the ass.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WRONG!! ALL legacies get the 5 yr enhancement.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Info that WAS available to anyone on www.pfizerplus.com is now restricted to current retirees only. I posted on the WYE board that PFE will send new medical plans and a new never before offered dental plan to retirees this summer in their newsletter.
    I guess they are parinoid about letting Wyeth retirees know about how badily the are going to get screwed.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are no free drugs for any retirees.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's not true....I'm getting 2 now!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer drugs are free - others are covered at 80%

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got my new retiree package today....right up the old poop chute.

My premium: 525/ with spouse $1200 per MONTH.
    WTF? What are others seeing? Called HR...no answers.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just the beginning. Premiums to increase by 20% every year.
    It is cheaper to enroll in Obama's insurance co-op, but it won't be available until 2013 at the earliest.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What Plan are you under ? What is your age ?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are a WL legacy and plan on retiring, do it now and do not wait until January 1, 2010.
    The difference in retiree medical will be about $300/month. Go to Netbenefits and go to the Health and Insurance tab. Scroll down to reference library. There you will find the medical for every legacy group. There is a reference for WL Legacy that are retiring or have retired between the dates of May 2000 and January 1, 2010.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am WL and was severed in April 2009. I am eligible for Retiree Health. As I understand it - I fall into the Pre 2010 as my last day of employment was April 30th. I am on the 1yr extension which takes me to April 2010. I prefer to stay with extension and then start Retiree in April. As I read it the cost is $214.20/month for Me & Spouse.

Is it a lot higher for Post 2009 Retirees ?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you bet. $535.50. What a difference 1 month makes. I have been in contact with HR Sept 1 and they really drag their feet. I have been promised 3 times that my paper work had been mailed. Never received. Contacted them again and did get a person that did care and I was faxed the needed forms. You can get the 2010 rates by going to Netbenefits , Health and Insurance tab, and look for reference library.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also, you are covered by your ATS insurance until April. Call HR Source about mid-March to get the ball rolling for your transfer from current insurance to United. I talked to HR yesterday and was told I did not have to respond to current mailings we have been receiving concerning the benefits election period.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the real scoop:
    #1 if you are still on ATS, you cannot register online but DO have to call in and register even though nothing changes.
    #2 EVERYONE goes to United Healthcare beginning Jan. 1, 2010, (if you are ATS, you keep the plan you're on til April), then can continue coverage for add'l 30 mos. or go to Cobra, or take retiree ins. if eligible. The UHC plan is $700 ded. for in network, $1400 out of network, no copays, it pays 80%, you pay 20%. All Pfizer meds are covered, but others you pay at 20%, NO ONE gets a choice of plans, this is it, unless you are 65 and you can pick a medicare option, or just a drug option...Sorry folks, your choices were eliminated...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long do you think it will be for the Wyeth healthcare plan (Horizon BC/BS) to be cancelled and go to Pfizer's United Healthcare?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BC/BS will end with the Jan. 1, 2010 coverage of ALL legacies going to United Health Care PPO, no copays, $700 deductible for a single person using in network docs, $1400 out of network docs, and a 80% they pay and a 20% you pay...Pfizer drugs are free, the rest cost you 20% and they pay 80%. But the caveat is that you will be given so much money like in a stash and once you use it up for Pfizers part of coverage, it's all on your shoulders....It will GO QUICKLY for families with kids too. I'm sorry you have to become a part of this mess. I was downsized in January with no job in site still....but at least I'm happy. I have a clear mind, heart and soul. Good Luck and God Speed.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure the part about receiving the "stash" of money is quite correct. I was under the impression this would be the case only for those who retired after 1-1-10.