ConvaTec

Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by Anonymous, Apr 26, 2007 at 8:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sound advice, BE very WARY of this manager. This person has gone through about 7 TM's during the past year either through firings, transfers, or resignations. Not the best manager to work for in the happy ConvaTec family. You know, this place IS like a family and there ain't no fear and loathing like family fear and loathing.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, but you mean a dysfunctional family is full of fear and loathing.....many families, like corporations, can be supportive and joyful, but I agree, not the "Skillman Family" which is well on its way to break-up and oblivion.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well lets think about this. About 7 of 10 people leave one way or another and this fool is still at the helm of a sunken ship. Whats wrong with this picture? This isn't a sinking ship this ship is sunk

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take the job as a temporary move

Good news: the base salary and benefits is the industry average and it beats working at Starbucks. If your new to medical sales, at least you will have your foot in the door and can use this job on your resume to get a better one.

Bad news: the #1 rep in the company resigned soon before she would have won her award and payout. Learnings: a) the comp plan is so poor that she didn't care enough about her payout to put off taking the new job for a few weeks b) even if the payout was good, the company is so poorly run and morale so low that she accepted her new job immediately c) the company made no effort to promote her or give her a reason to stay d) imagine how they treat the reps who are not #1

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that is a pretty poor reflection on convatec as I would assume that she would have at least earned an extra 15k to finish out the year. Probably more. It is difficult to put a price on quality of life and happiness.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Convatec senior management asks for alot and gives as little as possible in return. Thank god the economy is turning around and recruiters have once again begun to call weekly. If I am going to continue to work my ass off i am going to get paid for the effort. Management: Stop running around like a bunch of clueless headless chickens and start to recognize that your TMs ARE the company....at least the customers think so...and for your sake you better hope they continue to see us as Convatec. Heaven forbid the day when we can't spin your foolishness into something that resembles sanity and good decision making. Consider yourself blessed that the large majority of us continue to work our asses off for our customers because we have integrity. Do you?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AH was a great rep for convatec, and they lost her as they've lost dozens and dozens of other fine TMs during the past 18 months. Senior mgmt at this company is just fabulous, isn't it?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CHANGE IS CONSTANT
    JUST GET ON BOARD AND STOP THE WHINING

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One thing that hasn't changed is the role of freemasons in the company.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're an Idiot.....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You hit the nail right on the head. Loads of fine TMs have split during the past 18 months with the inept leadership in Skillman making no effort to keep them. Our "leader", MS, has declared that "we don't want ya if you don't want to be here". His toxic presence is the #1 reason Convatec keeps losing good people. After my several years here, I will be giving my notice soon as a much better opportunity finally opened up for me. Liked the products and many of my colleagues at Convatec but it does not take much of an IQ to realize there is no future here. So long and good luck, my friends.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are treated like sh-t by incompetent fools. The shame is is that many of Convatec products are the best of the best while the management "TEAM" are bumbling fools and a joke in the industry. What a shame. This could really be a great company sans the moronic management. This management team is lost without the leadership of BMS. They haven't an entrepreneurial bone in their body among them

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is among the worst of the worst and treats employees like crap

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true, such a sad state of affairs here. Primary goal of many TMs and office people is to get out asap.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, I'm getting calls from a recruiter in the KC area. JHave a good job already, any reason to follow up with the recruiter? KC area any better than the rest of the posts?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was my quote you responded to, but I have to disagree with you about MS. The man got rid of RG, who drove the U.S sales organization into the ground and is the one primarily responsible for the mess were in. MS also acknowledged some of the mistakes made by him and others in 2009, I don't remember any other Convatec leader doing that.

I'm not yet of fan of MS, maybe I will never be. But he has made more of an effort to put things right then anyone else has lately.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that a KC position in Wound or Ostomy?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amazing coincidence!! Following his 40 years service with ConvaTec (presumably some of that time was spent at BMS) the proud parents of the forklift truck driver had an item published in the local press, with a photograph of him sitting on his truck. I wonder how happy he is to be reminded of his past position with the company?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any change at Deeside?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe the forklift truck driver now heads up Europe. Good for him!!