New round of Cuts

Discussion in 'Pfizer IT' started by Anonymous, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid. This will be a bloodbath.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many with their heads in the sand. Nothing new !

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So does anyone have any details on who has been notified (one way or the other) yet? Interested in Madison and NY.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ScottPotter-SteveWard-... just a couple

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont think many groups have been notified yet. From what I hear BTI is going to be another week or two before anyone is told...

So far, at least in the groups I've heard about, its been a freakin bloodletting. I don't understand how BT is going to be expected to continue functioning. Despite the cynics on this board, BT does a butt-ton of work...

The cost savings kick is really screwing people over. Layoffs aside, things like no more in-house microsoft support are just BRUTAL.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the start of a major bloodbath.. My sources say it is going to get worse later this year. Frank the Tank D'Amelio is taking apart IT with with a sledgehammer this time.

Rumor has it that you are lucky if you get cut, Frank has proposed internally to cut the severance package back further this year so low as "they be lucky to get a shoe-print on their ass and carfare"

I don't feel sorry for those who are cut, you are freed from the curse and can move onto something better. I feel sorry for those who are staying in that burning house.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BT does do a "butt-ton of work" in certain areas and lends real value, but other areas such as iPad 2 year beta test for execs (thank you JK) is a waste. With half the ageing infrastructure on its last leg due to no real road map they are pouring money down the drain to just keep it running. The HP contract is locked in at how many millions so they need to recoup from somewhere and its headcount. Customer satisfaction is at an all-time low and the help desk…don’t ask. They should look at who is responsible for this mess and hold them accountable. I am not saying we did not have our issues before Pfizer, but its worse now.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree on most of that.
    Unfortunately, the iPad certification was a project for PGP and execs. They wanted it, they have the power to bump up the priority.

As for aging infrastructure, well, lets just say "london bridge is falling down".
    You can only forgo maintenance on your capital assets so long before they depreciate fully. Well, HP, Accenture, & all the India Consulting groups can deal with that and be the architects.

Sad fate for this once good company. Lawyers and Accountants and their complete bowing to short term has ruined the company.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, i wonder if they will lay-off anyone on the board ?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Board is untouchable only the FTEs that actually work will be impacted.

Does anyone know when BTI will announce the new ORG?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard in the next 2 weeks or the latest by the end of April, most of the announcement will be made.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had heard that most cuts needed to happen in March to facilitate people being on April waves. We need to show the savings in this year's budget. The longer it takes, the more cuts needed to achieve the same overall savings for this year. Obviously we're behind on that timeline.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets see who JH picks to make the cut in BTI this time around. We all know he likes to keep his friends close and kick the rest out. He has another chance to choose some of the "correct" ones. Lets see if he steps up or follows in his old patterns.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So if you do manage to get through the cuts this round. You can look forward to a significantly reduced severance package (announced today) for when they lay you off in the next wave. I guess its lets keep some people, drown them in work until we can fully transition to HP doing everything then kick them out the door with next to nothing.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've always been a big defender of Pfizer and how it conducts business....but changing the severence package in the midst of a huge round of layoffs is pretty damn scummy. Not saying that the previous package wasn't exceptionally generous by industry standards...but changing it in the middle of the layoffs...just...wow. What a scummy move.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, considering the company has been in continual and progressive layoffs since 2005, it bound to be inevitable that they would coincide a couple of times.
    At least we are getting one above and beyond what WARN act requires.
    That is at least not scummy.

What is scummy ? That we have almost 7 years of continual layoffs .

Pfizer values!!! HA!
    This is what happens when Lawyers and Accountants run the company.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While many department cuts have been made, many in BT have not, except for the leadership level. It appears that in BT the leadership will wind up under one severance plan, and the reporting people will be under a reduced severance plan. It's been said that Pfizer needs to show savings for this year. Delays in making the decisions on cuts likely causes more cuts or savings to be needed. I wonder if the severance reduction is partly to compensate for delays in decision making.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any truth to the rumor about some of those remaining in BTI will be offered positions w/ HP? Either sign up w/ HP or hit the highway w/ no severance pkg?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Frank D gets synergy bonus with all the cuts. American Tax payer funded the Wyeth take over. The business get the loss in service. Shell of a company , i Don't want to work there any more.

Not sure why Jeff K. hasn't stood up, oh, Frank D. his boss.... oops.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't doubt it -- it appears HP is going to take control of Pfizer IT.

Though, it will be for a significantly reduced amount I am sure!

That would show us who are truly "institutionalized" by the Pfizer culture.
    Kind of like a horse running back into a burning bard, Ahh survivor's guilt!