This interview process seem legit?

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by glasgck, Aug 3, 2010 at 5:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. glasgck

glasgck Guest

Hey guys, I recently sent out my resume to a recruiting service for J&J and Daiichi Sankyo and about a day later, I received this email:

Dear Cory,

Thank you for your interest in our Sales Representative positions in the Atlanta area. Interviews will take place on Thursday, August 19th, 2010 at:

Embassy Suites – Atlanta Galleria

2815 Akers Mill Road

Atlanta, GA 30339

The following times are available: 9:00, 9:30, 10:30, and 11:30.

If you would like the opportunity to possibly meet with a manager about this position they will be attending our sales forum. Interviews are by this invitation only.

Please email Ellen at atl@vmgt.com with your preferred time. Ellen will follow up with a confirmation email.

If you have already requested or scheduled an interview time, please do not reply to this email invitation.

For more information please visit www.vmgt.com.

In the event that a Daiichi Sankyo or Johnson & Johnson rep is unable to attend the program, a Vanguard Management Group (VMG) representative will be conducting the initial prescreen on behalf of these companies. All qualified resumes will be forwarded. To be considered, you must present your resume in person the day and place of the event.**

Is this a legit interview process? Should I go ahead and schedule myself for a time? Thanks in advance guys

2. glasgck

glasgck Guest

Any info?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't go, it is a set up. I went to one of these scam meetings aand was horribly buttfucked in a stairway! If you value your bunghole elasticity stay away!

4. glasgck

glasgck Guest

Wow, so it's like that? S*it, i was starting to get excited too. smh

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have experience with this group?

6. glasgck

glasgck Guest

guess that's a negative, huh

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi - I had an interview for the J&J position in Miami. When I finally got in to be interviewed with the so-called "J&J" rep - he was so unprofessional and unknowledgable that I left there completely stunned!

He barely looked at my resume and kept filling out a form that looked like something a 10 year old put together. He asked me personal questions such as "Do I work out?" and he wanted to know my cholesteral and blood pressure and made remarks about my age.

There is no way possible that this man could be a J&J representative. I have worked for J&J companies in the past and throughout interviews the reps are extremely professional, respectful and knowlegeable.

When I asked this guy to tell me more about the position he was clueless. All he knew was that it was pharmaceutical and I would have a territory. When I kept probing he could not get me out of there fast enough.

This is a total scam. I'm not sure how VMG makes money with this but IT IS A SCAM!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had the same experience today.... Vangaurd management group is a total scam. I was scheduled for a Johnson and Johnson interview, and what do you know...the J&J rep was sick with food poisoning, so a vmg rep filled in and interviewed us and said they would forward on our resumes. What a crock....they get everyone to come in for J&J and then try to push these other lousy companies onto you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too recently applied to a specific position and received an email from Vanguard regarding a f2f with available times, date, location and to confirm. I emailed back asking about "that" particular position I had applied to and was that what I would be interviewing for. I did not received an answer other that confirming my time, date, etc. and a list of openings (all of which were entry level and the "one" I applied to was still on the list). Call me cocky but I was not about to waste time unless it was "that" position I was going to interview for.

Something didn't "smell" right.....It seemed very apparent that this was going to be more of a job fair and a bait and switch was about to occur. Don't get me wrong, I am quite the professional when it's an actual company, manager's name, etc. But for this....I didn't show.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES!!! This is a legit interview opportunity. The same thing is happening at the Embassy Suites in Waltham, Ma. and I have attended their interview metings on 3 seperate occassions. I am scheduld for next tuesday to go again. I received the same letter from Ellen hallman. Ellen@VMGT.com

Good luck,

Sam

11. You must always remember to be careful when dealing with recruitment agencies. Besides their sometimes questionable tactics already mentioned, they typically charge the hiring company 20% or more of the hire's salary for each placement. So if the position pays $100k, the hiring company has to pay the agency $20k just to hire you. This is why so many companies have disclaimers on their career pages stating that they will not accept resumes from third-party recruiters. It is always best to complete the application yourself directly on the company's career website.