Gallup phone interview

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Jan 31, 2008 at 4:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you, that makes sense. Just imagine the growth they're missing out on if just ONE of the 22% blows out their numbers on a yearly basis. Now factor in the rest and you've got millions of dollars left on the table.

I guess that's why some say HR stands for "Hindrance to Revenue". Senior leadership needs to step up and put this to rest. HR needs to understand their role and allow sales leaders do what they do best!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone can game a test. I taught behavioral interviewing for years and now, even college kids are learning how to game this process.(STAR)

Bottom line? those who have been successful in the past are likely to be successful in the future. why? they have been thru obstacles, dealt with aholes/roadblocks, had to get up after getting knocked on their a-- and still were able to be successful.

Sound like sales to anyone?

Much more time and effort should be spent on emotional intelligence testing as its far more indicative of what skills are needed to be successful in life.

If a person has empathy, persistence, confidence, social awareness, is knows when to talk vs shut up, etc, they can do ANYTHING

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly! Their test is flawed!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just got a rejection letter after tree interviews and the written test of Gallup. The funny thing about it is that I will never know nor will I have an idea of why I did not get the job. There is no rapport with the interviewer and I think that is fine as I don't believe they truly cared, actually a few times I asked her to repeat the question and she got mad at me. I believe they do the test in order to gather data to be used for other purposes. The behavioral questions stressed mathematical background which I do have as one of my majors was physics in school and I worked as a data researcher for few years after college so there should be no doubts of my mathematical skills. I guess its bad Karma for all the times that I have hung up phones when people call me from research firms at the house. My wife believes I went a bit over board when I explained fractals in one of my answers when she asked about mathematical proficiency which to me seem a quite normal everyday occurrence in my job. I'm truly completely neutral about the process but I guess the feeling is mutual as I do not feel that a company that recruits based on these tests should be good to work for in the long run.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed with Stryker probably 15 years ago and they used gallop then. I faired poorly and took a job with Glaxo. While it is pharma I was presidents club 7 of my first 1o years in the industry. Ironically Gsk now uses a very similar gallop survey on a quarterly basis to figure qtly-semi annual bonuses. In general the sales teams find this very demoralizing but it is our sales model today. We have been on this model with constant test taking for about 18 months. I find the advice on this thread very accurate.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should see the Gallup interviewers profiles. Those people are freaking nuts. Any corporation using them have gauranteed ethical issues at the top. They weed out people they think will be whistle blowers. Ever heard of World Works? My interviewer was a part of that cult... Ask questions to fuck with them and watch them unwind.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did one of these, just imagine you are an asshole, 'should you follow rules at all times or break them to get what you want'....hell yes.
    I kid you not, that is what will pass this interview, answer along those lines, no wondering we have stuff along the lines of the DOJ ruling the other year!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just tell then that you will hit quota, even if you have to push down a few old ladies at the end of the month. "Slam a gamma in your gramma"

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT and I had the STRONG feeling it was just
    a bogus interview to get data for some GALLUP survey….

NOT SERIOUS!!!

Gallup is extreme conservative and inaccurate (Romney win predictions, etc.).
    Gallup serves TEA PARTY mentality!

Look for work you ENJOY!!!

GALLUP is typical old-school American HYPE of the WORST SORT!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are nothing more than an American way killing jerk-off that voted for Obama. Romney should have won as he embodies all that is right with this once great society. Problem is, losers like you want others to be forced to give their hard earned income for your sorry, should have been aborted excuse for a human, ass.

Gallup looks for the right talent and skills match for the position at hand. Obviously, you are not a match, so go cry in your beer that hard working, decent people probably fund for you... You food stamp, on the take loser.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can see that poster struck a nerve. Twisted my shorts too. You said it well.... Arguably mean-spirited, but that liberal puke deserved the blast.

Funny thing is, someone can interview well, perform excellently on the Gallup, making them a good match, but still be ignored. SYK can move too slowly.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gallup is a joke. Known fact. Love how you morons are trying to defend it. Wipe the shit off your noses.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if the Stryker Gallup interview over phone is multiple choice or open ended questions? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dont worry, if you are asking about it you will likely fail.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The questions are in multiple choice but you have to answer using interpretive dance.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took the Gallup sales interview last week. I thought I did good and came off very focused and ambitious, which I am! I haven't heard anything so today I reached out to the contractor I've been working with. She is waiting on the hiring manager, but did say I was "borderline" so was not sure.

How are these damn things scored? Pass/Fail? Or using a numerical or letter score? Not happy my feedback is borderline. But I guess it's better then failing.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my interpretation of "borderline" as feedback is that although you did not tank the gallop, there were a few things that the personality test uncovered that makes you a less then ideal candidate. If the hiring manager thought of you as a strong candidate this shouldn't be a deal breaker but if there was some doubt before.. unfortunately you might be toast. I would follow up directly with the hiring manager.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you were borderline, it means you were ranked a B candidate and should not be hired. Unfortunately you won't be able to join the circle jerk of love called Stryker. You biceps are probably small, you have a thumb dick that looks like a turtle head in the grass, and you can't clean and jerk the weight of your own Mother. Pathetic.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, steroids and muscle and your a shoe in. Gotta be a cocky mother fucker also.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good idea. So far I've only followed up with the contractor. Thanks