Insight Sales

Discussion in 'Insight Health' started by Anonymous, Dec 28, 2010 at 8:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is all the negativity true about Insight? Can someone give me the straight facts????

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask some specific questions. You'll get a couple of serious answers and a few nasty remarks.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make a run for it! You're better off selling Onglyza.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will notice negative posts for every company on this website. There are a few disgruntles sales rep at every company. Additionally, no company is perfect.

The straight facts on Insight Sales from a sales rep perspective...
    The sales management team is well-liked in general and they do their best to support their teams. They have been there with needed support but do not micro manage. Over the past three years, I have seen a fair commission plan and reasonable salaries. I am not familiar with corporate personnel except the marketing department and they have been supportive.

Selling to physicians is fun yet challenging when positioning diagnostic imaging. I sold pharma drugs and I feel this is much better. Also, the physicians will talk to you more in this role than pharma.

I have seen the company buy and sell several imaging centers. I do not understand all the business dynamics of buying/selling or the company's re-structuring of debt. I can tell you that my customers do not really care and it has not impacted what I do on a daily basis or how I get paid.

We are a conservative company with expenses and entertainment, which I guess is normal in today's world, but I still have the freedom to do some stuff.

Overall, my peers and I really like the company, the products we sell, the managers we have. Unlike other sales companies I have worked at, we have to work with Operations on a daily basis and this can be challenging.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is their second bankruptcy in 3 years. What else needs to be said?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company has been imploding slowly for years. There are still some good folks here and one or two left within leadership positions, but the morale has been in decline for sometime now. Many of us are waiting for the economy to turnaround so we can find jobs with a company that has a future.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate to be really picky; however, how does something implode slowly?

Also, I'm curious: you say you want to go to a company that has a future. I would disagree with your assessment of Insight; but, I'm sure we would both agree that there are companies on Cafe Pharma that do have a future. Nevertheless, when I look at the other company boards, I see mostly discontent, pessimism and complaints about each company and many of their employees. So, given that all of these other companies are as bad as Insight, how will you choose where to go?

The original question on this string asked if Insight was as bad as the posts suggest. It of course isn't. You don't get a good cross section of employees posting on these sites. There are only a handful of people who do and many are people who have been fired and have an axe to grind. Others have and will continue to live their entire professional lives filled with malcontent and believing that everyone is out to screw them and hold them back. Insight is like many companies: it is made up of talented and not so talented people who have both good and bad ideas. Each employee should review his/her own situation and decide if the company is the right fit for his/her career.

Look at every post on the Insight board and then look at posts on other boards. In every string, there is at least one person who posts something negative about the company. For every company, there are far more negative posts than positive. Detect a pattern? If you used Cafe Pharma as a barometer for healthcare related positions, no one would go into a related field.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you suggest viewing this BK as a positive thing, blah, blah, blah.

What a load of crap! Who wrote this diatribe?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You seem to forget that some of us still work there and you are not fooling us. We experience the joy of Insight every day because there is no place to go at the moment. We see it, hear it and experience it every day. The head of my department takes full advantage of the fact that the job market is terrible. She takes my good ideas and presents them as her own, threatens all of us every chance she gets and generally has made a career out of stepping on people. She uses people as long as it's convenient and then eliminates their positions. She has a list of enemies so long that she parks her car where it can be seen at all times because it was vandalized in the past by a former employee. Upper management allows her to get away with anything she does. She's not the only bad manager. There's another one just like her. I wonder why morale is zero in this place?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you talking about the woman who came to work for Insight in 2008? Careful, she is vindictive, clever and she will have your head on a platter. Her and her sister have slowly gotten rid of staff just to bring in her own people and upper management seems totally ignorant of her dealings. Some of us have learned to keep our mouths shut and our heads down. HR supports her 100%. It is a no win situation for us poor cubicle fools.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She can get rid of me. She probably will anyway.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is this manager located? There is one in AZ who was just promoted, I have no idea why, but was HORRIBLE!!!! AWFUL, CONIVING, VINDICTIVE, EVIL!!! Did I mention HORRIBLE??????? And the fact that they promoted this person shows just what a joke of a company Insight is!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the matter, did you get passed over?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, who would want that job anyways??? Plus, you really don't need any qualifications, just have to sleep with the VP and you're in!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Corp

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this discussion is boring me to death. can someone write something interesting?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, were we talking about you? Is that why you want a change of subject??

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reason this thread is boring is because all the trash mouth US LAB REPS that used to write on these boards, GOT Canned!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no and I wish you would talk about me. I would find it amusing. corp is boring; many more interesting things to talk about from the field.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do tell....