Victrelis

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, May 9, 2011 at 9:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought we were supposed to get approval 2 weeks before those douche bags at Vertex, which would be today. If we don't get it tomorrow should I be worried?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you should be worried that you don't know what you're talking about and there is no way you work here

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do work here dumbass and given that we got hammered by the FDA about our DDI or rather lack there of we should all be concerned!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't you tell all of us your territory so everyone will know who it is that doesn't know the date we are supposed to get approval. Thanks

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ya we got so hammered by the FDA A.C. that they gave us an 18-0 vote

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18-0 is nice but ever hear of something called delayed approval

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lousy drug, soon come the layoffs...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We should have approval tomorrow, Monday at the latest. Probably not going to see approval for NR though.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There might be some time needed for adjusting the labeling based on the panel's considerations. Merck's labeling issues probably will be more complex than will be Vertex's because of the patient populations they both hoped to reach and their product's respective side effects.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guessing game, this is what everyone at Vertex is saying, funny haha.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both will get approved and there will be too much risk of political heat for the approvals to be delayed much past the known PDUFA date (23rd May for Vertex). Even if Victrelis were approved next Monday, it would only get a 1-week head start. If one or the other is delayed for label issues that the other does not have, it will be a marketing problem for the delayed compound. No apparent reason for them not to be approved on the same day.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JUST GOT APPROVED!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, here is an idea, how about you Victrelis reps try not to be negative on this board at this time. This is a great time for you, the PI looks pretty good, you have a FIRST in class and probably best in class drug. Now go be a sales person who is confident in your product and sell some drug and help some patients. You don't need to be negative now, you have no reason to be. Partner with your docs, they will need you and will want to see you. You have the total package. This is a good time, be proud and hold your head up high, I an't imagine that Genentec and Vertex can't give the service you can give.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ditto this--it is such a fantastic opportunity to have a first in class launch, you will never have the opportunity to make these types of calls again--no doubt you are well prepared, go have some fun. Nothing better than launch with a solid PI and patients that need a product to help them live a healthier life. Quit bitching for a brief moment and enjoy what so few of us get to do these days.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, go ahead and live it up for one whole week. It will feel good to be relevant for a while

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This approval is the culmination of what the industry is supposed to be - develop and sell new therapies meeting unmet medical needs. Not a bunch of me-too and combo therapies. Sad that these days come around so infrequently.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Something good came from SPRI!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, very exciting. SPRI was a good research organization (as was Organon), better batting average than most of their peers. I have no contact with Sales, Marketing or Research. Most of my info for these products have come from the internet, just an interested back office employee.

I've been following this drug for six years and even in the Hassan days they were pretty quiet about it (unlike TRA). Vertex on the other hand did not pass up an opportunity to put out a press release. They seem to be a half venture capital, half pharma company. Similar to Pfizer.

While Tel seems to have better cure rates the rash issue could be huge. Vertex's decision to go it alone with the US commercialization is also a big risk for them. We have an entrenched and talented Hep sales force, Managed Care team experienced in this field and probably a lower price. From the job postings over at Vertex, they still seem to be putting together a launch plan... IMO

Like the previous posters have mentioned it's nice to have a bit of good news on the novel treatment front. Good luck to those who will be selling it (Not a bad place to be)!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Roche is going to sell this product - what happens to Peg Intron and the Merck sales force?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well Merck....it's about time that you realized that Genentech/Roche knew how to sell better than you. You reps must be feeling pretty pathetic right now...first we kick your ass with Pegasys and now we need to come rescue you with boceprevir. I'm personally not looking forward to this, but I'll log my calls and promote the best PI on the market...and unfortunately its not yours. I do think this is hilarious and will be profitable for Genentech - I'm sure this deal is worth millions.

To previous poster - I would say that your HCV field force is in extreme trouble. If your management doesn't have confidence in your own ability and you have to "hire" your competition to sell a brand new product, then your fate is pretty much sealed!