To leave or not to leave-informal poll

Discussion in 'i3 Research' started by Anonymous, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New here. So far I like it. Am I missing something?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think what you may be missing is that both i3 and Pharmanet used to be MUCH better places to work... Those of us who remember when we were treated like human beings miss those days.

Since the merger, we have all lost a number of vacation or paid time off days. The benefits have become worse, and cost us more. Our friends and colleagues have been laid off, leaving us to do their jobs in addition to ours. And a number of clients have been alienated by the constant churn of primary contacts at Pharmanet/i3 (because their previous primary contact was laid off, or left, or was shuffled to some other responsibility).

Among the coworkers with whom I can speak honestly, none of us think the company can survive like this in the long run. The announcement this past week of the studies we've won from Pfizer and Abbott made people in a number of departments wonder how we're going to handle the work, because we can barely handle the small amount of work we have now. There just aren't enough skilled people to get the work done within the deadlines! From what we've heard, management will just bring in some contractors, but they expect them to be up to speed and able to handle the most complex tasks on their own after only two weeks, which is patently unrealistic.

So the overworked employees will be trying to handle their own ridiculous workloads, and oversee contractors who don't yet know what to do. Sounds to me like a recipe for burn-out, which will accelerate the current trend of good employees leaving. I personally know 3 people who have left recently or who are leaving WITHOUT new jobs. They just feel they have to get out before Pharmanet/i3 takes more of a toll on their health.

I don't know what location or job function you are in. I hope where you are the atmosphere is more optimistic than it is where I am. But if I were you, I would keep my résumé up-to-date... Welcome aboard, and good luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Keep your resume up to date. This place is not well managed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you talking about AA?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AA? Has it gotten so bad that employees are joining Alcoholics Anonymous?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't quit smoking. Every time I try it's monday again.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Huh? What AA are you wondering if the earlier poster is talking about?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Richard, we're going to go with Ann Arbor, MI for AA. ("Good answer! Good answer!")

"Survey says...?"

(Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding.)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work in the UK and have been with i3 for 6 years. I have had no issues at all (so far...) but it seems to me that everyone in the states is getting completly bent over and raped daily becasue of this merger. I'd get the hell out if I were you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

now they're screwing us with benefits too.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sadly, PharmaNet-i3 was the CRO my company selected, and the lack of leadership and management is apparent. From my experience, this company is a disaster, and it is not just one individual- it's systemic. They must be in serious trouble.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are - the are just too ignorant to see that all of the top people are leaving. Everybody that i know is looking and many are accepting salary decreases just to get the hell out

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see how many people leave or are laid off a week. At least 20 a week.