Welcome to the Sanofi Board

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by cafead, Aug 22, 2002 at 11:23 AM.

1. cafead

cafead Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the Sanofi company board. Anyone is welcome to post here, whether they are an employee of the company or not. You may post anonymously without registering (registered users please logout before posting if you wish to do so), or with a registered username.

Managers and reps are encouraged to communicate with fellow employees here. If you are interested, we can also provide you with a private, password-protected board for your pod, district, etc. Just email webmaster@cafepharma.com for the details.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A very good buddy of mine just went to work for your com-
    pany. Things look good, and your product line is just right for this individual who doesn't want to work too hard.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's funny!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell your buddy to have fun in Vegas, because they just let go 40% of the Arixra sales force. ??? Sure makes one wonder about all thoses merger rumors.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for the predecessor of Sanofi(Sterling Drug) several years ago and had the "boss from Hell".I have heard recently he was rehired and put in the same district he once ruled--oops--"guided". Wonder how long it will take the Grand Poobaas to realize this guy is poison.Have also heard his "mice"are starting to flee.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why Arixtra Has Flopped

The following is an excerpt from the Organon message board: "However, there is a general "sense" that the Organon sales force really doesn't represent the top tier of detailers. They have/had a potential blockbuster: great safety profile, great value-pricing, but it appears that marketing wasn't able to get it on to formularies (as you intelligently point out) and that the sales force just wasn't getting it. We all know that the first couple of months make or break the uptake of a new compound.

Personal story: a few months ago I had a relative who underwent hip replacement; I asked the doc what he was using -- he was using Lovanox. Asked him if he had considered Arixtra -- said he had never heard of it. This was in December. Don't know why the message just wasn't getting out. "

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Why Arixtra Has Flopped

I think that Akzo and Sanofi underestimated the barriers to market, such as the glacial pace of hospital formulary changes, and the fact that its a new class of drugs and hence people will have lots of questions.

There's also the alleged protection tactics employed by Aventis, resulting in a price war in which Aventis clearly has the advantage- they should have seen that coming. Maybe the lawsuit will help, I don't know.

I've also read that doctors are reluctant to switch to another injectable but rather are waiting for Exanta, an oral drug for the same indication that may be approved relatively soon in the US. But who knows when/if Exanta will be approved so I wonder if that's really a factor.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have 6 years of clinical experience and sales. I am looking to interview for the Wilmington, NC position. I know from being involved in the recruiting process for a large CRO that the "apply now" is like going in to a black whole. Is there anyone I can contact directly?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone must go to Sanofi-star.com and apply online. best way to get into a f2f is to find out who the DM is in the territory and pass your resume along to them, through one of their reps if need be. What Spot is it for, PCP?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to Sanofi! Now find a company that treats their employees with respect. Just big pharma with little opportunity for promotions if any. Promotions come from outside hiring... The French don't mind making money off of us though. Try a company that truly values their employees.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: micromanagement-

they have instituted a slew of "metrics" to measure sales force effectiveness. THis is because the upper level management team is grossly underqualified. These metrics are crunched by an outsourced agency and mailed over to them which they cut and paste into reports. Fooling everyone or at least out talking everyone.
    This is an excuse for not knowing how to teach the sales force how to move the market share in a duplicatable format. So you had better believe the micromanagement style is fully at work at Sanofi - why? It is the most valuable smoke screen an incompetent person has.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you got that right....ditto!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

About the MICROmanagement--you totally got that right on the nose....!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Regional Managers in this company are big Micro Mgrs b/c most of them have no idea what they are doing -especially on the CNS side of the company. They sit behind a desk every day and think of what spreadsheet I can send out today. I have been with Sanofi a long time and never seen the crap that is going on now. We have a National Meeting in Feb and expect this to be a motivating meeting, the last ones have been so demoralizing all of us want to quit. Sanofi - STOP hiring such asses from the outside and promote within!!! Get rid of the cancer now before you have no reps to promote your products.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif It really must be intentional - or French - to make such a mess of the company. Several years ago I was recruited to join Sanofi and the pipeline and the job security. But this company has take great lengths to prove I am not of value, rather I am a number to be "assigned". I am surely not the only one to take offense to the tone and way we were notified about the "strategic re-deployment" and "optimization" of the field force. Within the industry it is widely recognized that a specialty position is higher than a primary care position. If you don't agree, why are they paid more? Anyway, to take specialty reps and "assign" them as primary care, then pretend it is not a demotion is silly!

By the way, I missed the meeting (or e-mail) when we were supposed to give our feedback and opinions about this. Was anyone else there?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too worked for Sterling. The boss from hell could be any number of people. This company needs help from the top on down!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anybody know the name of the promotions/CME manager for Ambien or Eligard? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif <font color="red"> </font>

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest