Rotech

Discussion in 'Oxygen Reps' started by Anonymous, Nov 7, 2010 at 9:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so word is Walgreens RT/DME in Albuquerqe was bought out on 03/03/11..yet the employees are still left wondering what is going on..do these people not realize the families they and lives..Yet the employees are so devoted to the pt and the company they are all working away like nothing is wrong..Just wish for once someone would be honest.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the posters on 3/1 and 3/2, and I say this with the utmost respect.....kiss my ass. I came to Option Care Infusion / RT through an acquisition with a company that had patient care, was profitable, and truly valued their patients. I then interviewed 6 times to keep my job only to receive a paycut. All of my coworkers that came across nation wide were systematically "let go" because they actually knew what they were doing and made the others look bad. I would spend my nights and weekends making trips to hospitals then patients houses to set them up and deliver supplies. All because my techs and RTs couldn't be paid the overtime by my branch.

I love how you mention patients are changing to CVS and WalMart.....seriously if you think WalMart has customer care, or disease state knowledge you obviously are smoking crack. This shows your lack of knowledge of the industry and stupidity in general. The other thing your underdeveloped cerebral cortex can't comprehend is that Walgreens Pharmacy had nothing to do with selling off the branches. It was the Infusion upper management at Option Care. The patients I saw taken care of by Option Care RT/DME would have had better care by a Chimpanzee with an Ambu-bag.

To the other poster, that's great you got so close to your patients, but what you have to understand is that there is not a reimbursable HCPC code for attending parties or graduations. Reimbursment is cut drastically, your branches were run poorly, and you were managed by idiots that wanted to cover up their own inadequacies rather than fix problems and keep you employeed.

Home respiratory was a great thing 20 years ago, but due to medicare fraud and greedy execs it has been dwindled down to the lowest bidder. So yes, if you want to feed your families move on. Or go work in a hospital, SNF, or LTAC; but the days of medicare reimbursing you to create these relationships in peoples homes is over.

Also stop being so dramatic about all patients having to move directly into facilities. There are still many companies that provide home respiratory, look at American Home Patient, Lincare (Ha), Rotech (Ha), Apria (Ha) Cardiosom, or smaller regional companies. If it were my child, I would pay privately for care; because there is no RT care being provided by insurers or Medicare/Medicaid anymore.

So to you both, I worked in the industry. Got bought and sold like I was nothing in the industry. Was greatly undervalued in the industry. Then got smart and made the right move for myself.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what is up with Walgreens and Rotech at this point? Walgreens based on their site seems to still have a dme presence in the country. Could it be that they sold some of their stuff strategically to Rotech to help their bottom line for that quarter then will end up buying back the whole Rotech company including their people and patients who will be integrated in at that point? As one poster above said, who really has the money here. It is not Rotech but rather Walgreens. And you have to admit what a better way to get hippa access to thousands of chronically ill patients accross the country for marketing then buying a respiratory DME? They can tap into revenues that Rotech does not even dream of having the tools or ability to get on their own.=-) What do all of you think?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking forward now in 2012, I wonder if there is a chance with Express scripts giving Walgreens the boot if Walgreens is going to do anything they can to replace revenues. And considering Rotech bought some of the locations from Walgreens, could this be a switcheroo where the couple of locations were rolled into Rotechs structure and merged and then Rotech is bought by Walgreens here as a whole in early 2012 taking Walgreens DME business nationwide in a pen stroke? Makes a person wonder and does make some sense. I am guessing if this is the case then something major would happen soon.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dobbs is gone, big things are happening SOON.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What kind of big things? Any idea? And how soon? And is Walgreens involved or not? Are we talking days, weeks, or months here?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Walgreens is definitely not involved. They have exited the respiratory market. They only held locations where their MCO contracts required them to have a continued presence. Most of the locations they had, were through acquisitions that they had to purchase to get the infusion component of the business.