Looking to break in am I making a mistake?

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2008 at 1:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ditto.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can tell you from my experience that the CNPR Certification was a major factor in my hiring in at Warner Chilcott. I was a sales rep in the financial industry with no knowledge of pharmaceutical and the medical industry. I took the CNPR Certification because I generally wanted to get introduced to a career in pharmaceutical sales since I had no prior knowledge.

When I put the certification on my resume and sent it out a 2nd time (1st time without it) I started getting called for interviews. I finally completed several interviews with Warner Chilcott where I was offered a pharmaceutical sales position. Later I thanked the HR person who first called me and she mentioned that she called initially because I possessed the industry knowledge and a CNPR Certification. So there you go, I would recommend Warner Chilcott to anyone--great company!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just asked 3 recruiters over the last week of the best way to break into pharmaceutical sales was. All of them mentioned the CNPR Certification. It is a college accredited and a federal certification mark that provides vocational training that the pharamaceutical companies want and demand.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More recent CNPR Certified graduates looking for pharmaceutical sales jobs have found them, thanks to the NAPRx’s new partnership with JOBTARGET career service division. JobTarget is quickly becoming the world's leading career site services company. Since 2001, when they signed on their first partner, they have added nearly 1,000 career sites to their network. JobTarget’s partner retention rate is more than 99%, and all their products and services are backed by a five-star customer service guarantee.

"In the past few months we've had hundreds of students graduate from the pharmaceutical industry vocational CNPR Certification course. A good portion of our students already have founds jobs in pharmaceutical sales or healthcare sales, but some are still interviewing and looking for work.. All of JOBTARGET's career services are at no cost to our CNPR Certified applicants," shared the National Association of Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives –CNPR Certification Coordinator, Brad Sullivan.

For Bill Stapes, a former sales rep in consumer goods, “I took the CNPR Certification program and passed the CNPR Certification exam. By applying for pharmaceutical sales jobs I found on the NAPRx Career Center I set up two pharmaceutical sales job interviews that resulted in a job offer.”

"The NAPRx and the CNPR Certification provided me with the training and access to pharmaceutical sales jobs that I never would have had without their assistance. It's incredible to wake up every morning and be excited about going to work," explained Stapes.

Dan Bemis, a recruiter with Healthcare Recruiters, sends 100% of his entry level applicants to the NAPRx for pharmaceutical sales training and CNPR Certification. . His clients have hired two recent CNPR Certified graduates and has another client who plans to hire two more by the end of this week.

"The CNPR Certification program and testing provides the crucial industry regulations and pharmaceutical knowledge required to work as a pharmaceutical rep and we look for CNPR Certified grads when our clients hire." says Bemis. "The CNPR Certification certainly trains applicants on how to perform and communicate pharmaceutical products effectively to physicians but it also acts as a pre-screen for potential job candidates. The CNPR Certification also takes a lot of the legwork out of the new hire process, which is a huge benefit to our company - it's the best of both worlds."

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the growing demands to present up to date clinical research and drug efficacy to physicians by the pharmaceutical reps it is extremely important for entry level applicants to get Certified and educated about the industry. It can be easy to be overtaken by fear and trembling if you do not know our industry and the pharmacodynamics behind the products or the biostatistics. Thanks to NAPRx, the CNPR Certification is up to the challenge of properly training and qualifying individuals for a career in the industry. They made the training process actually enjoyable; but more importantly, a real learning experience.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The CNPR Certification is the reason that I am working in pharmaceutical sales right now.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CNPR, AIMS/Medical College, NAMSR/RMSR: all a waste of time and money. Do your homework before spending your money on these.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am looking to obtain the CNPR Certification and it is offered here at the University of Alabama but also by correspondence through the association. Should I pay the extra $ and take the certification at the university? I have been told by a company that I need to get the certification with its industry training to qualify for open pharmaceutical sales positions.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

College or correspondence? That is my question as well.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Waner Chilcott is hiring. I recommend to all those looking to get into pharmaceutical sales to apply today. Check it out at http://www.wcrx.com/careers.jsp

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to Astellas and apply as well. They are hiring hundreds of reps for pharmaceutical sales http://www.astellas.us/careers/opportunities/

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The CNPR Certification is a good investment. For me, the CNPR certification program was and is an absolute success for the mutual benefit for the pharmaceutical sales applicants and for the pharmaceutical employer. It's a great opportunity for and entry level applicant to develop themselves with pharmacology and vocational industry training and an excellent
    benefit for the company because they get trained new hires.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I read in one of the earlier post that a person was wanting to leave real estate to start a career as a pharm sales rep and that they were in their early 30s - a reply said that they were too old to get started in this career. It takes forever to make any money.
    Iam in my 40s looking to re-enter the work force thought pharm sales rep might work - Is it true -- 40's to old to start out in this business and have a really successful career?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am taking the time to write because I wanted to inform everyone that I have found a position as a pharmaceutical sales rep and wanted to thank the NAPRx publicly after reading some of these bogus or negative blogs. The job is with Forest Pharmaceuticals in the Saint Louis area. I am glad to say that I got the job based on my knowledge of the pharmaceutical sales industry which I received with my CNPR Certification! So because of the NAPRx and of course with my sales ability and "to be somewhat modest" -- excellent interviewing skills I now love my new job.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you might be making a mistake. Just because it's pharma doesn't make it any better than any other sales job, you're still selling stuff, just to doctors vs. families, or business men. Real Estate seems to be a better gig, my reasons; not a ton of red tape, no quotas that you need to hit to keep your job, just a personal quota so you can live, No contracts to get your product in, used and sold. Think about what you want to do, and why you want to do it, don't do it to say your a pharm rep or device rep like so many do for their made up egos.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

U.S. CERTIFICATION BOARD - Certification and vocational training programs can only qualify individuals for careers in their prospective industries. Such accredited healthcare certifications as listed above cannot guarantee employment. Certification programs will only match candidates to meet job requirements and qualify them for interviews. Vocational healthcare certification programs at best only employ 70% of their graduates. Graduates from such programs must interview for all positions and possess other personal skills not taught in the educational course, such as: communication skills, professional image, self-motivation, work ethic, etc. If you are considering such a healthcare industry certification program understand that at best you will only qualify for interviews. Certified applicants typically must succeed through a multiple interview process. If you have questions you can contact the U.S. Certification review board.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just talked to my freind who is a pharmaceutical sales rep and he mentioned that the company who hires me will do some training but to better qualify for pharmaceutical sales interviews obtaining a CNPR Certification is important. I am looking at a college near me in Pennsylvania but also considering taking the CNPR course by correspondence. Is anyone aware if it is better to take the CNPR Certification at a university? Any insight would be appreciated.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man, there are a lot of bitter pharma people on this site. I'm a hiring manager and there ARE still good jobs out there, but unlike all you complainers - one just has to work for it. If anyone still has the drive to make something happen in their lives, I have an old friend I used to work with that owns a company that helps to educate and connect people within the industry who are looking to either get in or move up. MedicalRepInsight.com is something worth looking into. Quit being such haters and be glad you have jobs...

20. You seem like a very bitter soul....so who fired you?
    ...or is it the attitude that keeps you from getting hired?