WHY LINZESS KILLS MICE

Discussion in 'Ironwood Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Nov 17, 2012 at 8:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure your peds indication for Amitiza will work out as well the Dexilant/Plavix message, or the Edarbyclor superiority data..LOL Typical Takeda jack-ass thinking, you guys have no idea on how to sell clinical and end up niching a small part of a market with a "safety" message.
    Amitiza no electrolyte imbalance, okay that's great but the drug gives everyone nausea and barely works for an IBS patient. Why do all these "safety" patients and docs prefer Miralax? Not sold on the message!
    Rozerem, your patients won't have to worry about slipping and falling in the middle of the night; no balance issues plus it's not addictive. Probably don't need to explain this one...or what about those COPD patients..LOL
    Dexilant and Plavix; the latest and greatest hail mary of niching opportunities for Takeda. Docs don't care, they just write Nexium and Plavix and dose them 12 hours apart. GI's have been doing this for years.
    Uloric; let's study it against 1/2 the allopurinol dose and then niche it for patients with renal impairment. Wow, another brilliant safety message from Takeda that didn't work.
    Get me point? Keep drinking your Takeda cool-aid the way you are, Linzess will crush Amitiza sooner than anyone would have thought. I love the Takeda people. They sure know how to pound non-clinical messages down docs throats that noone cares about! Doesn't your company have about 10,000 bladder cancer lawsuits they need to worry about? I think the TZD class was where Takeda should have tried a "safety" message...LOL

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In the May 2009 edition of the "American Journal of Physiology," suggests that Amitiza also activates chloride channels in other parts of the body, including the tissues that line the lung and respiratory systems. Since widespread chloride channel activation could theoretically lead to imbalances in serum electrolytes, the FDA required the manufacturer of Amitiza, Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, to specifically test serum electrolytes during clinical trials.

Kind of interesting, the company with the drug that touts "no electrolyte imbalances" was forced by the FDA to specifically test serum electrolytes during clinical trials. If this was so important, why didn't Sucampo/Takeda do this voluntarily rather via FDA mandate?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Takeda and was going to talk some shit. But this is too true and too funny!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what kind of managed care coverage will Linzess have at launch? And what about by the end of 1st quarter 2013?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A Shire rep that may not have a job in 2 weeks, now thats funny! You also don't sell Crohn's meds, or did you forget about that nasty little FDA letter already? Don't worry, the FDA will remind you shortly with a nice fine. You should have joined your more successful colleagues and left when you had the chance. You have zero pipeline and a 18 yr old drug. Good luck pal.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup a "specialty" rep who gets paid like a PCP rep. Good luck with the re-alignment, keep drinking the Shire Kool-Aid, I'm sure that the GIBU can add more head-count.

Lialda is in a decline stage after just 5 years, Resolor is DOA, sounds like your future is bright.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure if anyone is still monitoring this thread, but as someone who is using linzess, I thought I'd throw in my two cents. I don't work for a pharm company, and judging by the cattiness between those posting here not sure I'd want to, but as someone who suffers from IBS C, linzess has been a lifesaver. No other drug (OTC or prescription), and no natural "cures" (fiber, magnesium, castor oil) have worked for me. Granted, while young, I have already gone through menopause, so pregnancy isn't an issue for me, but even with possible side effects, this drug has been a god send for me. Just wanted to put that out there. Lucky for me, I'm not a mouse.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The cattiness comes from reps at Takeda that sell the competition, Amitiza. Most of them interviewed to sell Linzess and didn't get the job. Glad Linzess works for you. This site drags in many disgruntled reps, that should also explain the silliness you read here.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My daughter is pregnant and her ob gave her the ok to continue linzess???

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a joke, if you are soliciting medical advice on a message board you have problems