1. Cafepharma also has message boards for retail pharmacies: click here to view
    Dismiss Notice
Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. I heard it was Ritchies that was up in Washington testifying before congress. Turned out it was the DermaTran boys. They must have made a good case for the compounding industry to get a reaction like that.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard the same thing....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I called one of my friends at DermaTran. He said DermaTran execs produced a white paper showing the problems with the Tricare action including a cost analysis. They met all day with several congressmen and finally with the Joint Chiefs. She said they were blown away with their presentation. And you see the results. They are a class act.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was a she. Fat fingered the typing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find it hard to swallow that Dermatran acheivied this all by themselves. I know MANY pharmacy groups were invloved in this as well as many TRICARE members.
    Who posted those comments????
    Dermatran folk perhaps??

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dermatran did not achieve this all by themselves. They would not and could not have done this by themselves. Compounding will not survive through the efforts of one company, but by compounders getting their message out in unison-it is an important one. That being said, yes these folks did an excellent job on the Hill....there is much more at play here than Tricare...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is just a matter of time before they limit payment that will allow Compounders to make no more than a 5% GPM.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There certainly was a lot of support by many compounding pharmacies to inform their congressmen of these issues, but there is little doubt that DermaTran's solo appearance before the Armed Forces committee carried the day. They presented a 20 page reference document with outcomes data for over 2000 patients and explained the science and possible solutions. Right after their appearance the edict reversing the TRICARE decision was issued. For sure, we need all compounders involved addressing the threat, but let's give DermTran their due credit.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are you? We get your point, but clearly only a very few people would even know this...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was a collaborative effort and it isn't over yet just a "stay of execution". Must have been some campaign contributions. At best and in following with other similar scenarios, reimbursements will be cut WAY back.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reimbursements will be cut way back to what? There are some bad seeds that are charging $2000-4000 or more-that is a bad taking advantage of the system. Others charge much less-I don't think anyone questions that these work, and if you have 3-4 medications in a Cream instead of taking 3-4 TOPICALS, that is worth something. The hope is that the bad seeds are IDENTIFIED, and the PBM's can take appropriate action rather than throwing out the baby with the bathwater. There are a tremendous amount of patients who need help with their pain who can't take or don't respond adequately to pills, surgery, procedures....taking this away is as an covered option hurts patients. PEACE OUT!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DermaTran's testimony before Congress was definitely a solo effort, although I'm sure all efforts made by others are appreciated. And if their testimony to Congress was a result of campaign contributions, then everyone needs to be making more campaign contributions because we need to get this thing stopped!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I keep seeing ads for DermaTran. What kind of assurance does DermaTran offer its reps as far as transparency goes? I heard that a big problem reps are having is not knowing if they are getting paid for all of the orders that are sent in. How do you know they aren't skimming a few to pay for the expense accounts, taxes, benefits, and "salary" that is really a draw? If you can't see all of the orders that are submitted, how do you know you got paid for all of them? If a company was started by guys affiliated with multiple different pharmacies in the past that all have a shady history, who do you trust?
    Are there any compounding companies out there that offer any kind of transparency with the orders and collections? It's unarguably a great product, just need a great pharmacy to work with.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for contributing, Sam.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can get transparency with Supreme Medical Solutions. You see each script and you get paid a much higher commission.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You trust NONE! Find another pharmacy to attach yourself to.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really?? How do I see each script? Do you have electronic reporting? How would I know if your company was showing everything that came in???

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you believe everything you see? They will show you exactly what they want you to see. Transparency my ass !!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Derma tran reps are suckers. Used to work at DermaTran and thought I was killing it making 250k until I realized I was getting ripped off and pharmacy was making all the $$. I'm now on track to make about 850k this year making 25% of scripts reimbursing $1,000-3500. What's Derma Trans current comp plan. Have they increased it much?