Joint Active Systems "JAS"

Discussion in 'Medical Equipment/Device Sales-General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2008 at 12:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JAS is a small anonymous company with a great product. They have challenges e.g. Dynasplint, payors but they were once growing at a quick pace.
    I've heard differing versions of their opps/problems. I'm looking at a distributorship in the West. any first hand experience pro/con?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can make some dough this product i.e. they direct bill insurance for higher paying custom codes , pay a good commision and bonus, especially if you get some therapist help with measuring (all custom).

You want the West Regional He's in San Diego. Call JAS and get his name. He's got some good distributors, esp. LA, Orange County and Colorado so they must be doing something right.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forget JAS, Call your local DeRoyal rep. They can sell you the static splints and you can make all the money instead of Dr. Bonuti

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DeRoyal doesn't have a custom product, hence limtied margin in reimbursement, plus I can't be exclusive with DeRoyal.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JAS has both DME devices (E codes) and single patient (L codes). It's a smart move. These smaller DME manufacurers have to be able to wheel and deal with payors. It gives them a lot of options and they are only one of the contracture manufacturers who do it.

DeRoyal is not custom - see above. That's hurt them.
    Dynasplint is all E codes and Off the Shelf. Still the market leader.
    EMPI is all E codes and OTS as far as I know.

The contracture market is highly misunderstood and under served. Their distributor kicks it in my area so I'll just sit back and wait, but I'll keep an eye on them.

I think some of you guys who are looking for work should take a look at the JAS guy in your area.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're going to join a splint company and have either JAS or Dynasplint as you're only choice, the clear one is Dynasplint. JAS hasn't a clue how to run a company or market a product effectively. They have poor coverage on both the E and L codes. Therapists are reluctant to use either product. Also I have spoken with past JAS reps and they all say the same that they couldn't make any money with JAS so they dropped the product line. Look into other opps if the choice between the two comes up!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're two different animals. DSI hires direct reps, bills for their devices and does the micromanage tango. JAS hires independent distributors and bills most of their devices. Either way works if this type of sale is your cup of tequila. There is money in the market if you focus on the best reimbursement. You can't shotgun this type of product.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same animal, one's just a different color. A splint is a splint and most patients don't need them. The money JAS pays to thier distributor reps, they spend as much as Dynasplint's direct reps. Reinbursement sucks all around as these devices are getting phased out because the two companies took advantage of insurance companies and billed too much to begin with. Company greed is taking it's toll on these two...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a JAS Knee I purchased but never used. If any rep out there is interested in buying it. Let me know. sledds@hotmail.com